1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Angels @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 1, 2022.

1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Framber , JV, and Javier coming at you in a series is scary... Then you add in Meyers and Pena at the bottom of the order... Damn I'm horny! Wifey gonna get it tonight like it was 2010..

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

The Big Orange Machine is rolling down hill. It may need a few minor adjustments to roll into the WS, but looking good now.

3. Yordan The Great

Astros on pace to keep up their 102 win average over the last 4 full 162 game seasons (5 seasons total).

That's unprecedented.

Although the Dodgers are in a virtual tie in wins over the same exact period.

#183 Yordan The Great, Jul 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    everyday eddie and Stephen66 like this.
  4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I really want to see McCullers throw his curve ball with this year's ball. He's going to have some nasty stuff.

5. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

Javier in his last 3 starts have allowed only 3 hits. Man, allowing 3 in 1 game is impressive but in 3 freaking games. I admit, I was always nervous when he pitched. Always assumed batters would eventually figure out the invisiball or whatever you call it.

Houstunna likes this.
  6. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Everyone both wants to see that grudge match in another WS and wants nothing to do with the possibility of having Dodger or Astro fans ever be happy.

cmlmel77 and Houstunna like this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Very impressed with Javier right now.
    And to think with this starting rotation as-is, we have starters McCullers and Odorizzi returning from injury, front office has inquired about Snell according to Nook, and we have top prospects Whitley and Brown pitching well this season and could be ready to join the majors next season. Special time.

everyday eddie likes this.
  9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

[​IMG]

Stephen66, Rock Block and Houstunna like this.
  10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

great curb stomping to usher in the long holiday weekend!

Rock Block likes this.
  11. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Javier has been about as dominant as it gets. I mean, you probably won’t ever see this again in your lifetime kind of dominant. Just incredible!

12. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Cy Young shot this year if he keeps it up? Or, JV might have a better shot at it?

14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

15. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Justin is clearly ahead currently due to IP, ERA, and Wins

Wouldn't mind a 1, 2 finish though. Either order

everyday eddie likes this.
  16. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

*1-2-3

Already forgetting about Valdez.

conquistador#11 and cmlmel77 like this.
  17. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Yeah, whatever order

18. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

So happy for Javier. He’s putting it all together and you can just tell he’s found it.

As others have mentioned when McCullers comes back our pitching staff is going to be stacked. However I think because of our surplus Click might be working those phones to see what he can dangle and get.

Either way, come playoff time we’re gonna be stacked.

I think the X factor will come down to Yuli. I think Click rides it out with him. He’s gonna have a lot of at bats in the postseason to do damage. If he gets hot I don’t see us losing.

19. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

They say you can never have too much pitching.

But in order to deepen thevteam and shore up weaknesses you must give up something.

Something must give.

I would like to see the team add 2 players

1) an upgrade RH corner type ( 1B/3B/LF/RF) run producer who does not need to improve the bench/injury insurance.

2) another bullpen arm, preferably left handed that can be trusted to get high leverage outs and deepen the bullpen.

The team has 7 MLB ( not prospects) starting pitcher options who have value. They only need 5 and can really only use 6.

I think Javier has pitched himself out of the trade option discussion ( and Verlander, Framber, and Lance have been untouchable for some time) which leaves 3 options.

Obviously they each have different values and preferences to be kept or not but Urquidy, Odorrizi, or Luis Garcia are the potential options to use to improve the team.

I REALLY like Garcia, but with Framber, a healthy McCullers, and Javier's ascension the team can still be dominant without him especially if they hold on to Urquidy if he is traded.

I still prefer Odorizzi and/or Urquidy be the ones traded.

I just feel like once( if) Lance comes back healthy there are too many starters to juggle and the team can use the arms to help bring another title to Houston.

Wulaw Horn and everyday eddie like this.
  20. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

I've been down on Garcia this year but still wouldn't even think of trading him unless the Astros get a high-level position player with years of control in return.

For this year, I don't see the issue with using these starters as relief firemen in the postseason. It worked pretty well in 2017 and 2021.

jiggyfly likes this.