1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPjr Total - points/assists/rebounds - 28 OVER or UNDER?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jun 25, 2022.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He does this and we haven't signed him to an extension he is going to cost the max.

DD

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. VoR

VoR Member

He may ball out for his FA. But he may end up traded where he plays less of a role with his new club. I say under.

5. VoR

VoR Member

He'll never be max. Coaching staff can easily block him by playing TyTy more or just trading him. I could easily see us packaging him and Gordon together or him and KMJ together.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't think so, I believe he and Green are going to be special - Ty Ty hasn't even proven he is great in college.....not sure why people are so high on the 29th pick.......Him or Nix will be main backup with the man out at RGV this year.

Porter Jr is special, Lebron called it out, several players notice greatness - sure he has some crazy in him, many NBA players do too, especially the uber competitive ones....they eventually mature....KPJ is on that path.

DD

Rudyc281, maj21, Plowman and 2 others like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Cut him!!!

Am I doing this right CF?

:rolleyes:

ApacheWarrior and Rudyc281 like this.
  8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I like KPJ too .... I just wonder if he is the answer as the full time point guard or if he is better suited as a 6th man type.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The max for what? We were the worst team in the NBA last year. Him suiting up didn’t change that. The made Wall sit so they could allow him to start so we could lose. Not a bad player but not a max guy either.

Rudyc281 and King1 like this.
  10. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

"some crazy"? "eventually mature"?

Can you please remind me of the list of great players who walked out on their teams at halftime of a game and then later matured ? If you can't find that list, maybe just start with the list of guys who walked out on their teams at halftime forget about if they eventually matured or not.

Hopefully you also see the irony of saying "not sure why people are so high on the 29th pick" at the same time that you're hyping a guy who was the 30th pick in the draft.

Before we declare KPJ a star, how about we see him actually become somewhat efficient in his shooting? Or maybe even put up an assist/TO ratio somewhere in the middle of the pack for a primary ball handler? Be somewhat consistent for a full season?

There's a reason that Lebron isn't a general manager. Remember when he said that Shabazz Napier was his favorite player in the draft?

King1 likes this.
  11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

That’s a really specific list? Why not just say a list of players that did something super stupid or immature and later were really good?

Scottie Pippin refused to enter a game (HOF, top 100)
    Ron Artest went into the crowd
    Vernon Maxwell went into the crowd
    Allen Iverson refused to practice
    Hakeem Olujawan faked an injury
    Charles Barkley threw a fan through a window
    Latrell Sprewell choked his coach
    Gilbert Arenas waved guns in his teammates face
    Tim Hardaway said he hated gay people on national tv
    Kobe Bryant’s you know what
    Ray Allen and Rondo not speaking to each other for a year as teammates

There’s a lot more. At least KPJ was 21, apologized and came back and balled out the rest of the year.

D-rock, Denovo, Sep11ie and 3 others like this.
  12. PatBev

PatBev Member

With the way the nba hands maxes out I wouldn’t be surprised

If he shows improvement both on and off the court, I see teams with star point guards going after him to play shooting guard

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't be surprised either, he's currently the most talented palyer on the Rockets roster. I know some of the dumbest Rockets fans absolutely hate him, but their opinion honestly has nothing to do with anything. If he takes a step forward from where he finished the season, he's a max player.

The good news for the Rockets would be that they'll have Bird rights for their entire core....meaning in theory they'd be able to keep them all. If KPJ, Green, Sengun, and Smith reach their potential, the Rockets could have a dynasty forming.

PatBev likes this.
  14. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

He was literally the best catch and shoot 3-point shooter for the entire season.

His assist/TO was 2/1 for the entire season - I don’t know where you define “middle of the pack for a primary ball handler,” but that is better than Steph Curry’s, who is a pretty good ball handler.

If you are going to troll, put some effort into it.

DaDakota, PatBev and Bobbythegreat like this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't even think it's trolling, I think a lot of people are just blinded by cognitive bias when it comes to KPJ. You can point out how inaccurate and, frankly, stupid what they are saying is....but they won't ever be able to see it.

D-rock likes this.
  16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I do not understand why folks r so gunho about getting rid of KPJ.
    Players do develop and changed over time, folks acting like KPJ is a bum.

DaDakota and Denovo like this.
  17. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

Because they are either cranky old men devoid of empathy, or young hotheads desperate to feel superior to someone.

DaDakota likes this.
  18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Issue with KPJ isn't talent, it's the other stuff namely.

1. What's the deal with him being late to practice and other stuff like that?
    2. Can he get his emotions under control. We've seen his bizarre behavior not just in his half time meltdown but his refusal to exit a game.

I think given he is in a contract year he will ball out. But what you have to assess is if he will mature. Ultimately the decision to resign him will be up to Green and Jabari as well. Lucas, Silas, and Stone. I think those 5 have to really think about whether KPJ is the guy who can be a key cog on a championship team. Will he not only be mature and work hard, but can he sacrifice for the greater good?

D-rock and DatRocketFan like this.
  19. King1

King1 Contributing Member

If we pay him at all (let alone the max) then I have no words. Bobbythegeek and DD endorsing him should be the biggest red flag ever

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When that's the best you got, it's obvious you've got nothing.

Suggesting not paying the most talented player on the roster at all is beyond stupid.....which I guess makes sense given who said it.