1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Soooo......... Clutch killed a man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BullRider, Jun 30, 2022.

1. H. Christopher

Alves, Don knock and will are trash. Plus Don made fun of a dude on twitter for having a stutter. Ole trailer park white trash looking meth head.

2. my time to shine

Don Knock is straw chewing, carpet munching filth.

Paulo Alves is a con artist who exploited houstonians for an all expenses paid vacation.

Will is naive, weak, and poor. They can move for all I care.

3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Is this a Silas quote?

4. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Pretty sure that’s that John Lucas

D-rock likes this.
  5. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Will who?

This @Will ?

7. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

He was 2 minutes late, though

don grahamleone and xaos like this.
  8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How did Paulo get an all expense paid vacation from Houstonians? Who is he?

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’m pretty sure Don is a millennial.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  10. TimDuncanDonaut

On the people using Twitter for their takes. There's some of that. I've also seen it gone the other way too. Where stuff here are repeated back on podcasts (almost word for word) a couple days later. There's easy opinions that random Rocket fans can independently come to the same conclusion. But occasionally I do see stuff said almost 'word for word'.

They either read CF directly or maybe had basketball convo with folks who are. Then later put it on their platform, and likely unintentionally comes off as their analysis; because they agree with the take (but maybe forgot who first introduced it).

It's not that they should credit a random CF member, or that they don't have their own opinions... but sometimes, to provide content regularly; it's hard to stay fresh, have new angles, and not end up repeating oneself.

Plus even though CF, we're our own ecosystem. It's a sounding board, for those podcasters/twitters, to know if their "like" or "dislike" is way off the consensus. For those who are looking to grow their audience and maybe eventually have career goals in journalism to cover their fav team, almost can't do 'extreme' / unpopular takes.

The ones I'm thinking of at least try to stay informed. And there there's other twitter heads, that just spew whatever comes to their minds.

#150 TimDuncanDonaut, Jul 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I didn't make fun of anyones speech impediment.

One of the people that comes into our Spaces did and Xavier claimed I instructed him to do it, which I did not.

12. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Hard to see anything useful happening in this thread. Feels like a lot of people to find some sense of their self-importance all around.

It's a bunch of dudes bouncing a ball and we are here for escapism baby

14. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Oh my goodness, what is even going on in here.

I can't make heads or tails of the last 2 pages, so I'll just say: I remain deeply skeptical of Rockets management but fully support their all-out tanking to build a contender. And I loved this draft, and the @Clutch-@BimaThug podcast about it. And I still wear my Rockets shirts when I play ball, no matter how bad our record is.

As for the drama about egos, Twitter, feuds, etc. ... I'll leave that to those who follow it.

15. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He's a European (Portugal I think?) rockets superfan who has been staying up until 3am to watch rockets games for like the last 4 years. He used to post a lot on the rockets subreddit, and now is a rockets twitter guy. Some rockets fans put together a gofundme to pay for him to fly to Houston, put him up in a hotel, and take him to a rockets game. He went to the game, got to meet a bunch of rockets fans and media guys, and also Rafael Stone.

There was some backlash saying he was a grifter and scammer, which I don't really get? He's a 20 year old kid that's been staying up to odd hours watching rockets games for years, all so he could...get an all expenses paid vacation to Houston Texas? And that's the scam? I dunno, seems like a really stupid accusation to me, but whatever.

16. my time to shine

He’s a con artist from Brazil.

He convinced poor people like Will to set up and contribute to a gofundme that sends Paulo to a Rockets game.

He had an all expenses paid trip across the world with food and room and board. I

#156 my time to shine, Jul 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    don grahamleone likes this.
  17. BonziWellsGOAT

Pretty sure he's from Portugal

18. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

My country already has two con artists running for president. Don't add this guy to the list. He is Portuguese.

napalm06 likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

8 pages is way too much for nothing more than Clutch dunking on a rando Twitter loser.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh ok, I seem to remember that on a podcast earlier this year. But it's interesting how many people have become media people just from watching Rockets games. 4 years of staying up to watch games is impressive, but there are people who've been watching games for 40 years.