1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon Trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

You’re right. You’re not smart

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

You want us to give Brooklyn their picks back for Ayton? I actually like Ayton and would have given him a lot of money, but for all of our picks, I'll pass.

3. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Thanks for your input. Glad this forum is still full of people who would rather insult than have a discussion.

Have a nice evening. People like you is why the site is dead.

Cheers, @Clutch! Glad the site is doing, great. Peace.

Corrosion likes this.
  4. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Doesn’t have to be all their picks. Like I said, I’m no expert in these fantasy trades. I just thought it could be nice to get involved in that trade as the 3rd team

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

traditional bigs like Ayton just aren’t that valuable, especially at the salary he’s trying to command

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think Ayton is worth any of the Brooklyn picks. I like Ayton but not enough to give up even one Brooklyn pick.

Hope the franchise does throw in the towel and doesn't try to stay competitive. They should get s hefty package for Durant.

BallSoHarden and mac_got_this like this.
  7. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I tried espn trade machine and I don’t see how 76ers can aggregate enough salary to match Gordon’s.

8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Would rather keep the Bkn picks than have Anton.

Corrosion likes this.
  9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Smaller contract guys and a 3rd team would need to be involved. It can be done but they would be trading like 5 guys and killing any depth they possibly would have. I don't think it's going to happen to many pieces for Phili. Phoenix would have had him by now if Houston liked their offer. I think he stays a Rocket to tutor the young guys for one more season.

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U should only give unprotected picks to a team for a superstar.

Helping an opposing team in our conference to get stronger being the third trade Partner isn't exactly smart especially if all we get is ayton and lose those valuable Brooklyn picks

It speaks volume that a playoff contender in the suns do not want him.

burlesk likes this.
  11. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

You know what? I would disagree with you. But not on Ayton. Traditional bigs were usually great defenders. Ayton isn’t. And that’s why he is not worth max money.

That being said sometimes you have to overpay in constructing your team. So I wouldn’t be totally against it - but I’d much rather stay “bad” another year and then go all in next season with another high draft pick and major free agents…

BallSoHarden likes this.
  12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Ayton doesn’t make any sense here

BallSoHarden likes this.
  13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Traditional bigs r valuable to a certain extent. But giving back all our Nets unprotected picks back to the Nets to facilitate a sun net trade is foolish. Especially if all we get is ayton

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

“The market for Deandre Ayton is NOT there…”

-Bobby Marks

Dacamel likes this.
  15. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Yeah I am with you in that, especially since the Suns don’t want to sign him. At most I would be comfortable with giving them Gordon and the Bucks pick…

16. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Ayton is not a guy I would want to pay, assuming he is looking for near max type money and I don't think he brings that level of value. James Jones was GM of the year last year, I trust he knows what he is doing in not wanting Ayton, and Brooklyn doesn't want him either. Ayton seems like the kind of guy you can get for free by just paying him, and not losing any picks. I believe a team could just offer Ayton a contract now and that could screw up KD to PHX. Ayton also makes zero sense on the Rockets at this juncture.

17. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

I wouldnt want to pay him max but 25 mil/yr may be worth it. He is not an ideal center but he is a good talent at that position and only 24 year old. We are unlikely to find a good player in next years free agency who is under 25 so I think we should go after him now. I floated this trade in another post but I would still do EG +KMJ+Sengun/a Nets pick. If Nets are not interested in Ayton in KD trade then we can take on Ayton with above offer.

18. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Why not just throw an offer at Ayton now then? Why do the Nets and Suns a favor? Suns dont want him, and he is actually projected to get a Max contract, if you just throw him a Max the Suns wont match it, and the rumor is that BKN doesnt want him either. Its not my money, as long as his contract doesnt cause issues for any of our Rookie extensions then Id rather just give him the money over trading assets. I just don't get the whole lets help KD get to PHX idea. If you offer him a contract, does that start the clock on PHX needing to match? I would do it for fun, but assuming we dont have the cap space to do it without them, not sure what the max we could offer him without a sign and trade.

EDIT: Never mind, I guess Wall's contract is still a cap hit, forgot about that $40M, so I guess there really is no way to clear the cap space to sign him outright.

#378 BallSoHarden, Jul 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
  19. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

My understanding is that we cant even offer 25/year to a free agent this year because of cap issue but I may be wrong on that.

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Snow Villiers likes this.