1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Kyrie Irving Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Garner

Garner Member

the Cavs will be a better team next season with arguably the best prospect between the two rosters?

2. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

We would’ve also had simmons the last 2 seasons though….so no green and no smith. We would be completely hopeless

RudyTBag likes this.
  3. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Rockets Legend, Kyrie Irving. Put some respect on his name...

Patience and Os Trigonum like this.
  4. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I thought the trade initially was not great at all. A lot happened in between, the moment there were rumors of Harden being unhappy and requesting a trade from BKN was when I started feel like our luck would turn for the better. Stone has done a good job so far, but I also think there has been a series of events which led to this, and not necessarily all skill. After the Harden trade, the Rockets were still trying to compete, the complete rebuild had not set in. They offered Oladipo a large amount of money to stay, he declined and went to Miami and immediately gets injured. Then w COVID and the laws specific to NY state cause the Kyrie drama, Harden was not happy w part time Kyrie and he requests out. I think Harden deservers equal credit in getting the ball rolling on the Nets rebuild. If he had stuck around I think KD/Kyrie are still content w Brooklyn. I really dont think anyone saw much value in the early BKN picks when the trade was made.

When the trade was made, I think the best part of it was that we would potentially tank and have control of our own draft picks, so far that has been the best return, and we ended up going that route out of pure luck due to Houston/Silas requesting Oladipo and it being such a bad move, this was not all part of some grand plan though, they legit thought theyd be competitive w Oladipo, Wood, and Wall. It just was such a bad move it landed us top picks anyways. We are lucky we Oladipo didnt want to play here.

#24 BallSoHarden, Jul 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
  5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Cavs are on the mediocrity treadmill, and still have all of their work in front of them. There is not a single player on that roster that has the potential to be a primary scorer on a championship team. Good luck finding one of those. Good luck getting a FA to come to CLE to play with Evan Mobley's train set. :p

6. Garner

Garner Member

It's just not that linear.

7. Garner

Garner Member

You're willing to say Evan Mobley can't be that guy?

The Cavs have a nice team right now. I'd be happy if i were a Cavs fan.

8. MettaWorldPete

Good ****. As far as rebuilding goes, it really seems like this almost literally could not have gone better. Credit to Stone but also luck (like other ppl have said, that Oladipo offer....yikes).

saleem, slothy420 and clos4life like this.
  9. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Yup. The only way it could have gone better is if Durant didn't sign that extension. Otherwise...
    [​IMG]

MettaWorldPete and luckyman76 like this.
  10. clos4life

clos4life Member

The Cavs couldn't get anyone to come via FA with LeBron on the roster. I like Mobley but ain't nobody going to Cleveland.

11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Yep. Cleveland is mediocre for years. Mobley is not an alpha dog and nobody’s going to come play Batman to his Robin.

12. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

I didn't think those BKN picks would be any better than late 1st rounders... I'll happily eat crow

This is looking like it might be the ideal outcome for us

It's going to be very exciting watching this team get built up over the next few years

BamBam and BallSoHarden like this.
  13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Kyrie gettin free Landrys vouchers on draft night for the next 5 years.

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Sure, but the more wins you have the less likely we would have been to keep the green pick. Simmons and allen and lavert playing the entire season certainly increase the odds we lose that pick entirely

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

antivax nonsense should b in the D&D where it belongs.

burlesk, saleem and Drift Monkey like this.