1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

USSC decisions

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 15, 2020.

1. LondonCalling

LondonCalling Member

I get it. Better to be anonymous so you can troll than to share your own researched opinions that came from you which likely is paltry compared to your fellow contemporaries and would leave you vulnerable to being doxxed with your name out there. On average almost 20 posts a day for over 8 years and you're likely receiving tenure compared to academic researchers doing real work out there, while you're doing sociology experiments on a basketball message board whose demographic is mostly old men to then toss as lectures to your own students. It's just intellectually lazy. No wonder you link other peope's work. You do so little of your own. What a waste of tuition money especially since you post your content so often on here. For free no less.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so you're gonna keep this up, and you know my publishing history and teaching experience. Roger that.

3. LondonCalling

LondonCalling Member

Will you share some of your publishing history so I can read your opinions on what you teach students and not Turley or althouse or whatever blogs you have 50+ tabs open to? It'd really set the record straight about Os the real man vs Os the online troll on a Rockets message board. It'd be easier to sift through what you really believe vs what someone else believes that you link. This way, I get to know the real you in academia.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Congress has been divided so long it can not. Before the Supreme Court addressed these rights, so what conservatives did was to taint the court by inserting right-wingers to get the result they wanted. This is not justice. Judges put in place to overturn abortion will overturn abortion. That's not how it's supposed to work.

5. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I already pm'd you. where do you teach? what are your credentials? maybe we can sit down over coffee and complain about grade inflation

https://marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2022/06/why-have-college-completion-rates-increased.html

Why have college completion rates increased?
    by Tyler Cowen June 29, 2022 at 12:42 pm

Jeffrey T. Denning, Eric R. Eide, Kevin J. Mumford, Richard W. Patterson and Merrill Warnick tell us why: grade inflation:

We document that college completion rates have increased since the 1990s, after declining in the 1970s and 1980s. We find that most of the increase in graduation rates can be explained by grade inflation and that other factors, such as changing student characteristics and institutional resources, play little or no role. This is because GPA strongly predicts graduation, and GPAs have been rising since the 1990s. This finding holds in national survey data and in records from nine large public universities. We also find that at a public liberal arts college grades increased, holding performance on identical exams fixed.

That is from the new American Economic Journal: Applied Economics. And here are earlier ungated versions.​

6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

the point of the Court turning it back to the legislature is in large part to CORRECT the trend of apathetically accepting Congress's ineptitude. That's arguably a good thing

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Based on the description, I was always thinking more PS92 than some place that charges tuition.

8. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thurgood Marshall faints.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  9. LondonCalling

LondonCalling Member

You're on libgen. I'll read your work there and have opinions later. Good reviews on Amazon.

Do you recommend the Great Stagnation or Create Your Own Economy: The path to prosperity in a disordered world? What would you start with if you were me?

10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

wtf

11. LondonCalling

LondonCalling Member

12. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Yeah with the whole Uncle Thomas situation I guess the intern who manages their social media accounts just forgot. Thurgood Marshall's rolling over in his grave watching the torch that was supposed to be handed from him to Uncle T just spinning in the shitter.

13. basso

Supporting Member

14. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Who the **** are these people you and @Commodore follow? lol

joshuaao likes this.
  15. LondonCalling

LondonCalling Member

16. basso

Supporting Member

17. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Did you just dox someone who specifically private messaged you so that you could, at your request, see his work?

Andre0087 likes this.
  18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

19. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

This person has been here for a day, you think Os is that stupid?

20. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Whether or not he was giving the correct information, this seems at least an attempted doxxing. And who knows, maybe Os is just that trusting in the goodness of his fellow ClutchFans. I happily met people from here, not knowing them from Adam, just because of our shared community.

Andre0087 likes this.