1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Kevin Durant requests a trade out of Brooklyn!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Jun 30, 2022.

1. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

The rockets FO must be throwing a party right now I would love to see Stone losing it right now.

saleem and D-rock like this.
  2. i3artow i3aller

Going to make for a terrific 30 for 30 one day :cool::D

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Will Bill Simmons and Ryen Russilo have the same bashing energy for Durant asking out that they did for Harden? They went absolute ham on bashing him on every podcast for months. Labeling him as the selfish malcontent. Yet Harden is the one who is taking a huge pay-cut to make his team better.
    I don't expect them to eat crow, on Harden or the Rockets.

luckyman76, saleem, Deuce and 14 others like this.
  4. TimDuncanDonaut

If KD leaves the Nets and the Nets stink. he should be celebrated.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

luckyman76, saleem, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  5. Milos

Milos Member

So ...

Miami had Wade already, the best SG in the league at the time who had already won a ring pre-LBJ, and he brought Bosh with him

GS had Curry already, the best PG in the league at the time who already had a ring, plus Klay/Dray in place

This made LeBron's first move substantially different than KD's??

Then for the second move ...

LeBron joined Kyrie in CLE and added Love in a trade to join an afterthought franchise that had never won anything

KD joined Kyrie in BKN and added Harden in a trade to join another afterthought franchise that had never won anything

These 2 scenarios are also substantially different??

Third move ...

LBJ joins the Lakers, along with yet another top-10 player in AD, in a premier market for a legendary franchise

Only way KD's next move could rival that is if he joins Tatum in Boston to add to their trophy cabinet

PS - The Lakers have arguably signed the 3 greatest free agents in the history of free agency
    Kareem
    Shaq
    LeBron

Cannot begin to understand where you're coming from on the 'Lakers couldn't sign free agents' angle

King1, Caesar and mikenm268 like this.
  6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

If I am BRKLN, I try to do a rebuild NOW while they have a rockets (maybe lotto?) swap next year. Trade KD to SAC for fox, filler, and 2-1sts and 2 swaps. SAC has proven they will be lotto every year so the picks would be nice. Trade simmons for a 1. Trade kyrie for 2 ones. Kick start the rebuild and replace their missing picks plus some. They also have some from PHIL.

Then the rockets get a lotto from BRKLN the next 2 yearz while they rebuild. Sacramento can finally get a real star which they can trade if necessary.

ORL could also play the SAC role in this scenario as they are also lottery locked every year.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. dmoneybangbang

But they also won't likely be a bottom 5 or even bottom 10 team for the next few years.

It's still a win for the Rockets.

saleem and hakeem94 like this.
  8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

One team was in the lotto (WITH WADE. The other had just played in their 2nd Finals, and broken the wins record. If you think those are comparable we can agree to disagree.

9. RocketsDraftTV

And you got clowns on here saying bill simmons didn’t mean what he said about jalen green. Yet voted a defensive guy over him for all rookie

tehG l i d e likes this.
  10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Send his ass to the kings for unprotected 1st round picks. Only way Nets can salvage your draft assets and fasten a rebuild, betting on kings incompetence taking down even KD.

11. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Nets were forced into being awful just a few years ago.
    Boston got picks #3. #1 (traded for #3) and #8 (traded for Kyrie) out of the Nets.

All the while the Nets had no incentive to be bad whatsoever. Teams made up entirely of role players win 30 games tops.

also LOL @ Westbrook, he's a Wall-tier tank commander at this point at age 34.

luckyman76, hakeem94 and jcmoon like this.
  12. i3artow i3aller

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

They finished 9 games out of the bottom 10 this year with Durant playing 44 mpg at the end of the season.

That's not that far to fall.

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Those Nets didn't have Simmons and potential return from a Durant trade.

I'd take the sure thing.

15. dmoneybangbang

And with a pouting Harden for half the season and missing Kyrie for most of it and not much else around Durant. Again, this is good news for the Rockets just should temper your expectations until we see the package the Nets received for Durant.

Corrosion likes this.
  16. Milos

Milos Member

Wade's title was won with old, fat Shaq and they had no other stars around him after Shaq fell off rapidly
    Of course they were in the lottery with Wade
    Doesn't mean he wasn't still elite and the best at his position in the entire league

The Warriors were just in the lotto WITH Step last season, and still had Draymond despite KD leaving and Klay getting hurt

KD was the best player on 2 Warriors champs
    Curry was also best on 2
    LeBron was best all 4 times
    Perhaps this is because he just better than the other 2, and not because of his teammates

Still don't see your point that KD has played with better teammates than LeBron
    Kyrie is a wash for both
    Curry was better than Wade
    Bosh was better than Love
    Harden was way better than Klay
    AD was way better than Dray

Seems like a wash in surrounding talent to me, but whatever

#296 Milos, Jun 30, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    Caesar likes this.
  17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Delusional Lakers folk pushing nonsense

Corrosion, luckyman76, saleem and 3 others like this.
  18. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

The only thing that would work is Westbrook and AD for Kyrie and KD. That…would disappoint me.

saleem likes this.
  19. Pete Coldcut

Pete Coldcut Member

Nets won’t avoid tanking just because we own their picks. The picks are gone and our success doesn’t matter to them unless we could theoretically meet in the Finals. They need to get the best return to actually succeed as a franchise. And the best return is likely S+T Ayton, Bridges, and maybe Cam Johnson plus all the picks the Suns are willing to throw in. Early-career guys who could grow with the draft picks. That’s a lotto team given brooklyns trash depth, and why push lux tax to pad the bench just to spite us?

SamFisher and hakeem94 like this.
  20. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Would Stone/Tilman trade the farm for Durant? Little concerning.

hakeem94 likes this.