1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant requests a trade out of Brooklyn!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Jun 30, 2022.

1. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i have a feeling its going to be SGA plus one young stud, plus a bunch of picks from OKC.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. anyname

anyname Member

Yay

3. Caesar

Caesar Member

Yes. His name is LeBron James. The difference is LeBron has no shame in recruiting to form the best team, KD has to join because he doesn't recruit. KD just trying to keep up with LeBron's moves and it all started with the Miami move. That changed the course of history. KD never goes to GS if that never happened.

Downtown Sniper, hakeem94 and Milos like this.
  4. jcmoon

that's exactly why they blew up this team by not extending kyrie. They know KD is injury prone and that team was finished, so they were ok with getting a haul while they could. I think they know ben simmons is finished. KD knew it too.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I am not so sure I am as high as everybody else right now. KD will get a great return. If Kyrie goes too, he will also get a great return. Yes, the Nets will probably be a lot worse this year, but really the 17th pick was already pretty good. But they used to have no future at all after something like the next season. Right now they might get pieces and picks that will make them relevant again by next season.

And this year we only get their pick, if it is worse than ours. So this might be good for us, but it may also be bad…

hakeem94 and Newlin like this.
  6. xaos

xaos Member

Ben Simmons and Kyrie Irving lulz

Milos likes this.
  7. jcmoon

lol if that helps us out i will!

BamBam likes this.
  8. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I've said that we didn't get enough in the Harden trade, that the package of picks and pick swaps from the Nets depended on too much luck to pay off. Holy crap was I wrong! Not only did we get a higher than expected 17th pick this year to grab Eason, but the Nets appear to have imploded years earlier than expected. They are screwed and we're all here for it.

BMoney and hakeem94 like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Kyrie will get a great return? He’s crazy, unreliable, and he’s on a 1 year deal. Desperate teams like the Lakers and Mavs might be pushing hard for him, but what do they have to offer that would be considered great?

the Nets look bleak right now

If they get something like Ayton and Bridges for KD, sure, that’s not bottom 3 in the league, but is it even a play-in team?

10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Wrong take imo. Franchise has incentive to be bad this year. Houston will be bad too so a high lottery opp. They can also ship KD and Kyrie off to older vet squads trying to win now for their future.
    No way they try and be competitive now.

11. xaos

xaos Member

Maybe Westbrook or scraps from Dallas lol

clutchdabear and jch1911 like this.
  12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Maybe you missed the part where we get another completely unprotected draft pick, from a team in the dumpster, in one of the most stack drafts in recent memory.

Without the incentive, Brooklyn has no incentive to be bad, and likely puts together a team that is mediocre, hurting our draft rewards going forward.

13. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

well well well how the turntables...

14. Newlin

Newlin Member

Slow down. Let’s wait to see what kind of return they get before we start the celebration. I think there is a pretty good chance they will still be a playoff team with some good younger players.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Houston Rockets FTW!

DD

Rockets FTW likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

Kyrie has a year left. His return will be nothing close to great and his package is going to be nowhere near comparable to what KD is about to get

luckyman76, jcmoon and Milos like this.
  17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Question about the swap .. does it have to be OUR pick . Or can we just get another first rounder and have that to swap ?

I’m guessing we tried to make it the latter . Idk

BigShasta likes this.
  18. xaos

xaos Member

I believe this year is a pick swap, right? So even if they get #1 overall they get our pick which will likely be bottom 6. If that is the case It actually would be best for both teams for Nets to suck this year in a loaded draft knowing Rockets will likely get a high pick as well.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I agree, but in this case I think I can make an exception .... :cool:

20. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

OKC receives
    Kevin Durant

Brooklyn Receives
    Shai Gilgeous Alexander
    '24 Brooklyn 1st
    '26 Brooklyn 1st
    Swaps back for '23, '25, and '27 (back to no swaps)

Houston Receives
    Chet Holmgren
    '24 Houston 1st
    '26 Houston 1st
    swap back in '25

just for fun thought ;)

splendidchen, Shark44, jcmoon and 3 others like this.