1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros 2022 Season General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Snake Diggit, Apr 9, 2022.

1. Major

Major Member

Except it was announced before the game that he was getting rest due to a sore hand but he'd be available as a pinch hitter. The tweet was posted here.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  2. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

@Buck Turgidson i’ve got a Javier as a 2, merely because he hasn’t gone enough IP to be a 1. You need quality and length to be that guy, and to be an ace you need to add consistency. Javier has 1 of the 3 right now and he’s working on the other two. I absolutely love Javier and have been banging the table for him for 2 years (it’s why I had a restraining order filed against me over bringing up how much I hated the Odo signing). I’ve stopped that though.

3. Major

Major Member

Given that his replacement had a great day and Yordan had one of his best games the day after his rest, maybe it was the perfect time to rest him. There's a huge difference between "right time to rest a guy" and "what random fans think is the right time to rest a guy".

4. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Also/ I have a 103.7 degree fever right now, so if I die before the Yankee game tomorrow give them he’ll for me.
    thanks

5. Buck Turgidson

And how the hell do you know that?

6. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

Who was optioned?

lnchan likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

Nobody?

8. raining threes

If his hand was to sore to swing a bat he shouldn't have been pinch hitting. Like I said upthread, he must be an extremely quick healer since he was hitting homeruns 2 days later. Maybe Dusty laid healing hands on him. After today, I hope he saved the holy water for things that happened today.

9. Buck Turgidson

Show your math

10. Buck Turgidson

This is silly, stop it

11. raining threes

Yes it is very silly to hold your best hitter out against the team you're chasing for the best record and it's also silly to pinch hit Alvarez with Castro in the hole.

Carry on

lnchan likes this.
  12. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Siri was sent down before Chas, and Chas wad called up when Brantley was injured...

13. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Especially with a day off already in the schedule... and Baker has also said on the record he prefers giving 2 straight days off for a player like a weekend...

14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Not sure what stats you are looking at. Siri played in 45 games and had 141 plate appearances. Chas played in 50 games and had 170+ plate appearances.

15. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

They surprised me. I felt like Siri played slightly more often than Chaz.

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

That's because Siri plays more flamboyantly. :)

mikol13, jiggyfly and Wulaw Horn like this.
  17. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

He certainly is memorable.

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I think Siri just needs an attitude adjustment at the plate and stop swinging out of his shoes. Just get on base and steal some bases, and would have a long MLB career with his speed and defensive ability.

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Siri was sent down because he's been hitting worse than Castro for the last month with a less than .100 batting average. The guy needs to relearn how to hit the ball and break out of his slump. He wasn't going to get the at bats to figure it out with Jake back.

I still think he has a good chance of playing in the big leagues for a while with his speed and defense. He just needs to get smarter in the batter box. I think batting somewhere around .240 would keep him in the league for a while. He just needs to bat as well as Dabon.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nope.

Astrofan59 likes this.