1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Debt Consolidation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheJuice, Jun 29, 2022.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

How much can you afford to pay on the credit card monthly?

2. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Oh yeah Ive got a lot of options. One of which involves working in oil and gas in the caucseses (pending a scholarship offer). I have a few ways I could go depending on what the job market looks like. Contingencies for contingencies etc. etc. I try to "be like water" like Bruce Lee said. The job market is so dynamic that Im probably going to reinvent myself several times (within reason) and work across several industries.

ATXNekko likes this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

you own feet right? Google feet finder ticktok. Life changing stuff…if you’re up for it.

ask @tinman

TheJuice likes this.
  4. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Hahaha, once my rack comes in (should be around January) I'll be in an OnlyFans goldmine. "Straight" men love chicks with dicks.

5. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Can you tough it out by skipping the therapists? Take that money pay off CC.

6. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Unfortunately, no.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I understand that this is a very difficult situation right now, but in the grander scheme of things, $ 10k is not an amount you can never make up. Don't let that drag you down too much. With some discipline, you can get out of this hole quickly.

Invisible Fan, BamBam and Blatz like this.
  8. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Well I thought I had a workaround, but I dont.

Higher Ed is a ripoff...and Im rrady to drop out and cut my losses. The ROI ismt there and Im miserable (not that ill be less miserable outside of school...but ill have money). I feel like Im about to throw up. Ive wrecked my plans for next summer and possibly threw off my entire education track. I dont eat anymore. I just think of money nonstop.

My grandmothers about to die and Im not evem going to be able to fly home because my stupid alcoholic ass couldnt figure out how to balance a budget.

#48 TheJuice, Jun 30, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
  9. dmoneybangbang

It can be, it really just depends on the field.

Nothing wrong with resetting and getting your life/money in order and try a different path. I graduated college in 2008 and spent almost a year as a cashier for a major grocery chain. More recently, I quit a terribly stressful job several months ago and have struggled to find another job with the same type of compensation. Life is really preparation meets luck, I will start my new job with similar compensation in a few weeks after applying to around 70 different positions.

#49 dmoneybangbang, Jun 30, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

I honestly dont see life getting any better in anyway for me.

Im too cowardly, incompetent, and immature to live on my own. And I just want to end it all.

I know thats childish, but I dont care. I didnt ask to be born I should get to decide how long I have to put up with all this bullshit.

If Im luckily ill get reincarnated as a rich kid or a hot girl. Even better if its just nothingness...theres no point to this ****.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Credit card debt?

12. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Like, when I try to talk to my friends about it...it just doesn't compute. I don't have parents who support me or a spouse who works or a sugar Daddy...and no matter how much I tried to save up to come here it wasn't enough. My program won't let me go part time, and if I drop out...I drop out. I'm on thin ice as is, there's no way I'm getting back in. So that's $80K lost right there with nothing to show.

I feel like I can't breathe and like my head is going to explode. I reached out to a crisis line and they're like "find something fun to do and treat yourself today"...like you dumb ****...treating myself was why I'm broke! Like when people would tell me it was okay to order take out if it meant I would eat.

I feel like I have the impulse control and emotional maturity of a toddler...my therapists don't get it, my parents don't understand what I'm talking about...I'm just constantly having panic attacks or exploding into fits of rage. I can't relax at all, ever. And now I have to add this **** to the ****ing laundry list. If I can't handle this, how in the world did I ever expect to succeed? No wonder my parents were/are always so aggressive. I'd be the same way with the constant eye pain/twitch and chest pain.

I'm losing my ******* mind, publicly, on a basketball forum. I feel like I'm living in a John Kennedy O'Toole book.

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Please try to get to your dying grandmother. This might be more important for your future assessment of yourself than your apparent current focus on yourself.

Everything else, you can somehow still address later, even if it may not seem like it now.

This one, you would not be able to address later.

And if you manage to do it somehow and completely forget about yourself and focus on honoring your grandmother - this will actually be something you can be proud of. It will be a start.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

OP I would start learning how to cook. Eating is a comfort we all lean on, so when you splurge on food, splurge groceries that can turn into things you want to eat, then learn things on the interweb.

Plus it makes a cheap but nice date night when you get better at it.

You'll probably feel more in control with your health/diet/weight over time. Give yourself some patience when you burn food or possibly get fatter. We all gotta learn from the beginning.

She might also have a closet full of penny jars she'll gracefully let you pilfer.

15. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This dude's just showing off all of his problems. None of this is a big deal.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Did you used to post as @generalthade_03 ?

17. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

No, da_juice.

18. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Very true. I lack any and all ability to function as an adult, so I come here to whine.

19. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

I do know how to cook and do quite often. The cost of groceries versus my income level isn't great but I make too much for SNAP. I get some free food from the food pantry on campus, but it's usually things like ramen, peanut butter, canned soup. Trying to get a ****ing vegetable or fruit in is a nightmare. There's also no grocery store I can take transit to.

I think dropping out is the move, but I can't drop out without a job lined up. And then I'll have to borrow more money to move for the job, pay a security deposit...all the things I wasted money on to get here.

I never should have left DC. That was my biggest mistake.

20. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

After doing tons of research, I agree that a Roth ITA is the single best way for young people to save for retirement. I started one this year at 30. Wish I would’ve started at 20