1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Putin backing down to NATO

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DaDakota, Jun 29, 2022.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I just want peace and love for everyone…our children deserve better.

3. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

You weren't talking this hippie crap when you were throwing a party about RBG's death...hypocrite.

Blatz, jiggyfly and dobro1229 like this.
  4. DaDakota

Can only have peace if you are wiling to stand up to those who want control.

DD

Blatz, dobro1229 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. ROXRAN

I have reprogrammed my subconscious mind for love. Don’t warry

Invisible Fan and Xerobull like this.
  6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sucks that your team lost to Ukraine bro.

And that your president tried to choke out the secret service in order to get them to drive him to kill the vice president, then gave up.

These are both funny because they're true!

Thoughts and prayers.

7. ROXRAN

You are quite funny. Thanks for the free entertainment. I would cash app you but I need the money for rising inflation and supply issues and other more pertinent issues

Os Trigonum likes this.
  8. ROXRAN

9. lpbman

lpbman Member

Using the ignore list has done wonders for my blood pressure... but it results in some bizarre conversations where it looks like everyone is yelling at a crack smoking clown that I can't see.

To the topic, I think the focus will be to consolidate the gains in the south, and make a push up to Moldova. I think the east is all distraction in that it's spreading out the Ukrainian forces. Once consolidated, they will push north to secure water from the Dnipro river. It'll be a long slogging battle of attrition... But with India and China de-facto bank rolling the war for Russia, they can afford it. Bastards will bury as many of their own people as necessary to have access to the Black Sea.

Of course Turkey controls what goes in and out of the Black Sea... at least on the surface, so it all looks like some twisted legacy play for Putler. NATO, US, will send as many C-130's full of cash as necessary to keep Turkey playing ball.

There are some weapons that the U.S. could send that could change the trajectory, but I don't think we will. At least, not in the required numbers. The conflict has also shined light on where new development and procurement should be made in our own forces.

10. ROXRAN

Obvious notation: People don’t care about the topic, but I care about your blood pressure. Have that checked out. Free hug *

King1 likes this.
  11. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

I agree. Getting older is nice in some ways...but realizing I can't eat junk food anymore without consequence is something I miss (I also have elevated blood pressure).

12. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Excellent post/analysis. I'm not well-versed in military strategy or the finer points of Ukraine geography, but what you say makes sense.

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Uhh.

Let's not play "**** around and find out" with nuclear weapons on the table.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So we went from standing up to bully from meaning sending in troops or bombing Russian forces to adding Finland & Sweden to NATO?

15. ROXRAN

Yeah it’s tough especially when you’re on the go and you don’t always have time to pack your lunch .. I have been eating healthier I suppose when I do have time to pack my lunch but if I stop somewhere I tried to go to healthier options like Subway myself

16. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Gotta be careful though. Even healthy can include a lot of salt.

ROXRAN likes this.
  17. DaDakota

I don't believe they are ever on the table.

DD

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Man investment in infrastructure and new reliable energy systems that aren't dependent on supply of old compressed dino juice might help those supply chain issues.

Capitalism will always find a way to maximize efficiency for profit generation. And this is what we get. Massive outsourcing of labor because division of labor suggests that individual countries are better to source specific things and therefore we are reliant on the global supply chain. So blame capitalism.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

While I disagree with you nearly 100% of the time, I have to say you are definitely entertaining and appreciate how you handle personal attacks.

ROXRAN and Os Trigonum like this.
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Can we git it dun by winter?

Europe will be freezing.