1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Former Rockets Tracking Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Oct 18, 2021.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The basketball grift failed, now he's trying the ultimate grift.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

This sucks. Armoni is about to have a breakout season under Nick Nurse.

DreamShook and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  4. TimDuncanDonaut

if Armoni blows up over there, it might confirm some's suspicion that our shooting coaches aren't as good.

Remember when Chris Clemons first debut with the Rockets for a few games he was hot, granted that was the MDA staff. Armoni, first series of games, he had a ridiculous true shooting %. Garrison was hot in his first month. Silas always say, well that got on the scouting report, I think that's part of it, but not all.

Even guys like Wood, respectable free throw shooting % last year, now this year, one of the worst among all NBA starters this season.

#124 TimDuncanDonaut, Mar 6, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2022
    snowconeman22 and ashleyem like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Break out 10 days, not much season left.

6. i3artow i3aller

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Money don't make people better
    IT reveals some of their lesser traits

Rocket River

kjayp likes this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

In most of those cases, it may just be a player getting hot and defenses saying "ok, I guess we have to guard this guy now". I mean, do people just forget how to shoot? I usually joke about if you go to the Rockets, your 3P% will tank, but much of that I say jokingly. I mean, I'm sure there are some Wizards fans earlier in the season that were saying "I can't believe we just dumped Garry Bird for nothing! We always do crap like this!" Garrison may be an example of why hate the "per 36 minute" stats sometimes. Give them more minutes against better players and you realize why they don't get more minutes against better players.

Chris Clemons was never really a phenomenal 3-PT shooter - even in college. His thing was that he jacked them up like a maniac and hit them at a respectable rate.... in college, where it was a shorter shot than in the NBA. This may also be a situation if there's only one thing you do and it's taken away from you by the defense or you hit a slump - you're pretty much useless to the team. Then you stop getting minutes and real game minutes and it may cascade until you're just at the end of a bench somewhere rotting or not even in the league. Armoni may fit into this description somewhat, too.

As for Christian Wood, he was a bad FT shooter last year and he's a bad one this year -- maybe slightly worse, so...

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  9. i3artow i3aller

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

looks like TMac lost some weight. I don't watch ESPN or whatever the hell he was on, so maybe it happened a while back. This looks like a 1.5 hour watch, so I'll definitely check it out later. Thanks for posting it.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Stay calm Ashley :D
    Hasn’t done much over there.

don grahamleone likes this.
  12. vator

vator Contributing Member

Happy for my fellow UH alum. Unfortunately Silas fell in love with Garrison Mathews and Gary made his skillset redundant on this team. He was developing as a playmaker and defender this year. Never going to be a plus player in either of those areas, but I saw the improvement. Inconsistent playing time led to inconsistent shooting. I wish him the best.

FrontRunner likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Toronto . . . where Rockets Legends™ go to win championships

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

“Free agent guard Gerald Green has signed in Puerto Rico with Gigantes de Carolina, the team announced on social media today.”

don grahamleone and FrontRunner like this.
  15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

He's been losing his mind jacking 3's in the G-League the past few games. He's shot over 60 3's in the last 5 games. He's been hitting at a decent clip, though, but... damn. Good luck!

16. i3artow i3aller

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I heard Chris Paul is with the Suns and that they’ve won several games this year.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Truly a legend. I hope he plays for all 30 teams and then retires a Rocket Legend™

K-Low_4_Prez likes this.
  19. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Always rooted for Ish and always sign him as my third string PG in 2k

J.R. likes this.
  20. topfive

topfive CF OG

The GF and I were at Climate Pledge Arena in Seattle tonight watching the Clippers play Israel's Maccabi Ra'anana in an exhibition. No PG13, no Kawhi, no John Wall. The most notable Clippers who played were Rockets legends Robert Covington and Marcus Morris.

Another two Rockets legends are on the Maccabi team: Breonte Weber and none other than Terrence Jones.

Fun night. Good to see the NBA back in Seattle, even if it was temporary.

(Also of note on the court: Tony Brothers.)

[​IMG]

#140 topfive, Sep 30, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
    SLRokJok, Rashmon, J.R. and 1 other person like this.