1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now lets ALL Say the truth about STEVE FRANCHISE..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ElVenezolano, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Nova

Nova Member

Two years? No. Just last off-season, there was hardly a soul who wanted Francis gone. All it took was one season of struggle and adjustment for these knee-jerk fans to turn on him... We'll see how TMac fares...

2. Panda

Panda Member

Oh really?:confused:

3. haven

haven Member

Hardly an empirical science.

Still, I think that, around 2 years ago, we started seeing more posters disgusted w/Francis's inability to run a team effectively than those who either believed he was (1) good enough or (2) still could improve enough.

4. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Agreed. He's got heart and game, but not the smarts necessary to win championships. You can't have a dumb leader to win it all.

5. liujun0768

liujun0768 Member

Thank you,sf3,cat&cato,best wishes for you!:(
    welcome you,Tmac!:D

6. ElVenezolano

ElVenezolano Contributing Member

I say tell the truth, because when Steve was a Rockets i remember since his days with Sir. Charles here in Houston. I have been quite on the criticisms thinking that he was going to become the next Steve Nash or John Stockton. But he never did so now that hes gone i could bust out and say it. But if it offended anyone im sorry and i will not say my true feelings on this board again. BUT i just think its pretty weird that the same people that would say TRADE steve last year after every game we lost is now sad to see him leave ????

7. Axeman

Axeman Member

I'll say one thing: Steve came here because he demanded a trade. It's only fitting that he leaves after 5 seasons and unfulfilled expectations because someone else demanded a trade. There's no love lost for me on Steve. He is a primadonna overrated turnover-prone shooting guard that thinks he is a point guard. God bless Van Gundy for getting rid of this guy. Now, we can finally have a point guard that will defer to Van Gundy and run the offense, instead of freelancing for 20 seconds then making impossible circus shots.

8. tod the bod

tod the bod Contributing Member

Good riddance. Steve and Cuttino made watching Rockets games unbearable for me over the past several years. They were ball hogs who had terrible fundamental basketball skills and were in love with their own games.

Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Last Second fadeaway/drive to the basket/three point attempt. Clank.

Remind you of anything? Yeah, that pretty much sums up their games. The only player I'm going to miss is Cato because I like the way that Cato turned around his game after he was the subject of tons of criticism in Houston.

I don't know if McGrady is going to bring championships to Houston. But I do know that I am sick and tired of watching Steve and Cuttino. I would have traded Steve and Cuttino for a lot less than McGrady. Buh Bye. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

9. Panda

Panda Member

Word. So what Francis plays with fire in spurts? It's nice but doesn't outweigh his negatives. The fans have every right to demand more just like the Americans can be happy when a dumb president who works 12 hrs a day lost his presidency. And I'm not gonna feign "class" by trying to kiss goodbye while the fact is many fans including me want him long gone.

Francis having heart is nice, but his heart is flawed. He is competitive, but only on one end of the court. He has fire, but that doesn't always translate into unleashing destructive force on the opposing team, instead he unleashes his fire and will through stubborn bone-headed plays. Francis also doesn't focus on the game every minute he's on the court, he doesn't pay enough attention to taking care of the ball. He likes to bend his body forward and dribble unbalanced. His shot selection is below average. His will and determination seem to lead to a reverse effect, the insistence on playing the game the hard way, the wrong way. He doesn't seem to be a natural ball player but more like a forced one. Watching Francis play hard is like watching a donkey tries hard to run like a horse. The end result is that Francis playing hard resembles he's working hard to butcher the game of basketball. I wish him a good career in Orlando but in the meantime I'm glad to see him gone.