1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2022-23

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Bridges + Houston might not be the best match for numerous reasons

[​IMG]

red5rocket likes this.
  2. Landry's Tooth

If the Nets want Martin and if we have an interest in Claxton, what about a promise not to match Claxton (under the table) as a rfa using out mid level.

Then we give them Martin for a lightly protected 2?

Not sure we need Claxton at this point but not sure what Nets have we would want for Martin from them. Maybe a 3rd team involved?

3. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

Did you miss a pick to Houston here? I'm not giving up EG, Garuba, and Tate for just Mann and a protected 1st

matchesmalone likes this.
  4. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

I'd much rather just give Claxton an offer which forces Nets to match and go deeper into the tax, or just let him come to us for free

D-rock, Corrosion, TheJuice and 2 others like this.
  5. Landry's Tooth

I doubt Martin fetches a #1... squeezing value for a 2nd rounder might be fine... i don't think it matters much either way.

Claxton is a backup for us so I'm not sure if he's a game changer...

6. fattz

fattz Member

Stone is so much better at this most.

7. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

It's less about extracting value from Martin and more about hurting the Nets however we can. We own all their picks, we shouldn't ever be trying to help them, and in this case we potentially have a chance to hurt them by making an offer sheet to Claxton that forces them into a decision. That's significantly more valuable to me than a Nets 2nd rounder. And while I'd like Claxton, if the Nets match then we'll still be fine since he's a backup as you said while the Nets have even less maneuver room to add depth

Plus we could easily get a 2nd elsewhere for KJ and they arguably need young cheap depth players like him, so I don't want to help them in that regard

jcmoon likes this.
  8. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets should use their last remaining significant salary to get a more experienced PG. I was not real high on KPJ last year, but he actually exceeded my expectations. I'm not sure that he will ever get there as a true PG, but he is definitely a talented basketball player. I just think that with the entire roster being as young as it is, they would all benefit from playing with a more experienced PG. I don't want to bring in Chris Paul or anything like that, but the Rockets should seriously consider all of the 25-ish PG's currently being shopped.

D'Angelo Russell for EG + KPJ + Nwaba + MIL FRP23
    Donovan Mitchell for EG + KPJ + Nwaba + MIL FRP23 + HOU FRP23
    Dejounte Murray for EG + KPJ + MIL FRP23 + HOU FRP23

9. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

KPJ is going to better than all but Dejounte Murray and he is already a better shooter than all of them. "True" pg's are no longer a necessity in the NBA.

10. fattz

fattz Member

Martin
    …for…
    Jaylin Williams
    OKC gets the more dynamic player but we get a glue gay big that plays both sides of the ball.

11. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

groovemachine, fattz, Yung-T and 3 others like this.
  12. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I’d do it in a second, but don’t know about OKC.

fattz likes this.
  13. i3artow i3aller

14. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Nice to know even autocorrect knows it is pride month

15. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I like this idea of consolidating and trying to cash in.

Taking in consideration morey and philly like gordon, and LA wants to shed russ.

Houston out: gordon, nwaba, boban, burke, brown, tate, martin
    Houston in: russ, 2027 Lakers 1st

Lakers out: russ, 2027 1st
    Lakers in: tobias, boban, tate, martin

Philly out: tobias
    Philly in: gordon, nwaba, burke, brown

Philly outlook: sheds tobias contract and reunites the gang.

Lakers outlook: sheds the russ contract and distraction and gain a contributor in tobias along with some talented youth

Houston outlook: buyout russ similar to wall. Shed a bunch of the extra contracts we have for a shiny future 1st rd pick.

luckyman76, TheJuice and Phillyrocket like this.
  16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Very creative, get er done Stone!

17. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Murray is interesting mainly because he is great defensively. Would have to give up next years unprotected 1st. Might be able to do it without giving up KPJ and move him to SF. Worth thinking about….

Milos likes this.
  18. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Murray is interesting for a bunch of reasons.
    • Stone gets aroused at Seattle players. Murray is from Seattle.
    • Stone has good relationship with Rich Paul over how he handled Wall situation. Rich Paul also represents Murray.
    • If Spurs are really going to bottom out, wouldn't they prefer the Rockets are better? Play them 4 times and that can be the difference in the 1st and 6th pick. In Spurs best interest for Rockets to be good during their rebuild.
    • Provides perfect compliment to Jalen with someone who is a well above average defender.
    • Still only 25 so he has 6-8 years of prime.

Milos, Phillyrocket and D-rock like this.
  19. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Sounds good but Lakers aren't giving up a first rounder and Westbrook for a collection of left overs from our team fridge.

Dacamel and BamBam like this.
  20. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

We can put the Murray talk to bed, he almost averaged a triple double last year and they reportedly want a Harden like return of picks.

"San Antonio’s asking price for Murray is four first round draft picks with little to no protections," Ellis wrote in a story published Tuesday morning. "Alternatively, the Spurs want three minimally protected first rounders and two unprotected first round pick swaps."

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/nba-rumors-here-spurs-asking-price-dejounte-murray-trade

D-rock likes this.