1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade, eliminating constitutional right to abortion

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Reeko, Jun 24, 2022.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you personally know anyone who had an abortion?

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

When you deal with a wishy-washy-feely group of people (usually women) there are ways to tell them what to do and make it seem like it’s their idea. Then you execute and it seems as though you are doing their will.

3. HTM

HTM Member

You sound lovely. Going around in life using people's bodies without due consideration for their human dignity. That's beautiful man. Who wouldn't want their kids to grow up to be a man like you?

And what if you did get someone pregnant in your 20's? Sounds like you would want them to get an abortion. That's beautiful man. Really wonderful. No chance that is a trauma that stays with woman and haunts her for the rest of her life.

4. HTM

HTM Member

What does that matter? Be plain.

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

Nope. I would have let the woman choose.

And err… women like casual sex too in their 20s. So … Not sure what your point is in your first paragraph.

jiggyfly and Nook like this.
  6. HTM

HTM Member

It's not what it says about them. It's what it says about you and how you view and treat your fellow humans.

And what if your casual relationships result in a pregnancy? What then? You have a child with someone you wanted to "hit and quit" or an abortion. That's just lovely.

Yea, the hook up culture has been great for society, take a look around. Everything is going splendid with that.

JumpMan likes this.
  7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It does if you know their personal stories and know and sympathize with their plight.

I agree that people should behave responsibly especially and one reason why I don’t have children is because I’ve taken the idea of children very seriously to the point it’s cost me relationships. Your argument though seems like moralizing from on high without understanding or sympathy.

For example. One of my exes had an abortion, I wasn’t with her at the time. She was young, in college and her partner told her stuff like he was going to marry her, support her and help raise their child. Instead he abandoned her and she was faced with an awful choice as her family wasn’t really supporting her either at the time. Having an abortion wasn’t an easy decision for her and something that she has thought about a lot but not something she regretted.

I personally do have moral questions and reservations about abortion but as a man, I’ll never know what it’s like to be pregnant, I’ll never know what it’s like to be pregnant poor, and I’ll especially never know what it’s like to be raped and impregnated. My own feelings aside for me to moralize and judge on something that I will never be able to experience is merely expressing moral superiority and self righteousness.

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. HTM

HTM Member

I've already stated I think situations where a woman has to decide whether to have an abortion or not is tragic. I do empathize. It clearly causes a lot of suffering in most every case. If people weren't so irresponsible with their sexual faculties this wouldn't occur. It's tragic people like your ex made irresponsible choices and had to go through that.

Sex is a very serious thing and our culture treats it flippantly and it causes a lot of suffering. Like with the situation with your Ex. What's the answer to that? Only engaging in sexual activity in responsible circumstances. However unpopular an answer that maybe.

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

1. How I view and treat my fellow humans when we have a consensual experience? Lol wut. Sex is fun.

2. again it would be up to the woman. I always used protection but if something crazy happened I would have let them choose.

3. People have been having casual sex since the beginning of time. Again it’s fun. We only
    Live life once and I don’t care what a stupid book tells me, I’m going to enjoy my life, safely.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. HTM

HTM Member

Yea, it's called human dignity. Are you giving these women their full personhood and human dignity or are you looking at them as a vessel to satisfy your lust?

Sex is fun and also bears great responsibility. It can result in great human suffering when not used in the proper time and place. Perhaps you, your partner(s) or any potential children haven't had to deal with that suffering but many have and will do so in the future because of attitudes like yours. It's selfish and disgusting but hey, as long as its funs it good to go amirite? Who cares about that woman dealing with her abortion struggle? Who cares about that child growing up in a single family home or with two parents who aren't really committed? It's all good @CCorn got his!

People have been having casual sex since the beginning of time and it's caused a lot of suffering. My arguments have nothing to do with any religious dogma.

11. AkeemTheDreem86

Maybe you're not doing it right?

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

So is your belief that women don’t have sex for pleasure?

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  13. HTM

HTM Member

Never said that

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

Then why do you care if 2 consenting adults have sex for fun? And if something crazy happened like a condom breaking, it’s ok for them to make the decision for themselves what to do with the cluster of cells?

jiggyfly and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just out of curiosity, do you consider yourself religious at all?

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know of 4 women that have had abortions. Two were from a rape situation. All 4 were traumatized and still dealing with the trauma of that, but also felt like they made the correct difficult decision.

People that have casual sex while using protection are being reasonably responsible.

I don't have much else to add.

17. HTM

HTM Member

I don't care to get into that

18. HTM

HTM Member

Because I am a human who lives in a society and have seen the tremendous amount of human suffering caused by attitudes like yours. Especially to women and children.

You can be flippant about it but the ramifications of the irresponsible use of the sexual faculties are extremely serious.

It's a shame you cannot see that.

#658 HTM, Jun 28, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

What a sad post

Sex between 2 consenting adults is 100% fine. Tremendous amounts of harm come from people like you, trying to tell people what they should and should not do with their own bodies. Sex is not taboo. It is part of being a human being, whether that is for pleasure, for fun, or for reproductive purposes. Abortion is not taboo, it is a 100% valid medical procedure, that is often the most responsible thing to do, and a very difficult decision to make. Demonizing people for wanting autonomy over themselves, in very personal situations, is beyond stupid and most definitely harmful.