1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's/who's the next move?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Puppet Master, Jun 25, 2022.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Looking at the roster and excluding the former Mavs:

Sengun
    Jabari/Garuba
    Tate/Eason/Martin
    Green/JC/Gordon/Mathews
    Porter/Nix/Washington

I would waive all of the Mavs players.

I would split the non-tax payer MLE to get one center (Hartenstein, Mitchell Robinson, or Nic Claxton) and maybe a vet guard/wing.

2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Yeah this. We would have to give up a bunch in a sign-n-trade to get a guy that’s wants the max, but isn’t even close to being worth it that plays a position that is de-valued in today’s NBA. Unless your Embid level talent Center is not a position to build around in the NBA, and, isn’t that what max players are supposed to be.

Rockets4Life13 and saleem like this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I like Nic Claxton. Hartenstein could come cheap. It will be interesting to see if the Knicks overpay Mitchell Robinson.

4. Rockets4Life13

Yeah I don't see the point in giving Ayton a max contract at all. He's not that good

saleem likes this.
  5. saleem

Will KJ Martin be traded soon? Stone might just do that. I hope we can get a high second pick for him soon. Stone has done the right thing by picking up Tate's option.

6. saleem

I thought Ayton had done enough to deserve a max contract until he collapsed against the Mavs.

7. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

that would be foolish. It would reward players for asking out of a contract, unless we get a first or equally valuable player on cheap contract. He devalued his trade value.

8. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I think the Rockets will be looking for a backup center for interior defense, we need another rim protector.

9. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

KJM didn’t do anything wrong. He was professional about it and asked them to look into it since he would logically lose more minutes. His dad, on the other hand, needs to shut up. I think Stone trades him, but not out of acrimony, but he sees the value of treating players right.

10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Hartenstein is the perfect fit at the right price. If you go Bamba he will start raising hell to start. Sengun is going to be a great point-center.

cmoak1982, theDude and saleem like this.
  11. jcmoon

i didnt say he did anything wrong. But it does set a precedence of us getting a lowball offer.

12. saleem

I don't want him to be rewarded for his behavior. I do think there isn't much room for him on the team. A high second round pick is enough for him out of a good draft. I do think Stone should hold on to him until he gets a fair deal. We don't need a low second round pick for him. I don't think he has much upside, and he can be replaced by Eason.

jcmoon likes this.
  13. jcmoon

we have no reason to trade him unless its a good trade. We can just send him to the g league and call him up next year and have him play for his next contract when we are trying to win

14. saleem

Bamba won't come cheap, and he's inconsistent.

D-rock likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

I would keep Sterling Brown.

Young 2 way 3-D player.

Plays the right way.

Rather trade EGo.

16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Agreed.

saleem likes this.
  17. saleem

That's ok with me. I think his dad is calling the shots for him, and this is causing some problems for our Rockets.

jcmoon likes this.
  18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

My point is that it wasn’t bad “behavior” so you don’t worry about rewarding him for bad behavior. He’s not worth more than a low frp or high 2nd rounder or as a throw in for somebody that’s a better fit. He can be a decent role player in the league, that’s it.

19. saleem

He does, but JC needs minutes. He's a hard worker and he's improving.

20. saleem

True. I wrote he's not worth more than a high second round pick.