1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Goodbye old friends

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by The Voice of Reason, Jun 29, 2004.

1. The Voice of Reason

Yeah so this trade is something I knew would be inevitable.

I came to this sight after hearing about it from another site I found. It was jeffs rockets site or something like that.

I went to Univ of Rhode Island with Cuttino Mobley and I wanted to find a way to keep up with my boys career. Well I found it, and I enjoyed using this site greatly over the years.

See there is no news is NY besides NY sports news. So this site was my only link to Cuttino. This or ESPN, and lets face it. ESPN sucks.

I spent most of my basketball posts defending Cuttino
    I had several "I fell in love last night" threads. yeah it was always just lust :)
    I had several "drunkin posts"
    I actually got put on timeout once for 3 days.
    I was king of the CC.net basketball leage for a few seasons.
    I was lucky to meet Smeggy in NYC one time.
    I made friends.
    I followed a team.
    I became a rockets fan in addition to being a Cuttino fan.

But now, this team is not the one I followed. it is so different I dont think I care any more. My main reason for coming here has moved on, and I will now as well. I gotta find an Orlando board now.
    I hope the Rockets do well in the future, but I most likely will not celebrate like I used to.

PEACE

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Why post this and in this forum? I think this could have went in the GARM forum.

3. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

wow a COF!! Very rare breed!:D

that doesn't mean you can't be Rockets fan anymore, we need a voice of reason

4. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

That's sad. Teams are bound to change with time. I wish the community aspect in here would overcome the strictly basketball related basis for having come in the 1st place, but I understand. All the best.

5. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

awww man... that's so sad dude... :(

come back if the magic board isn't as good.

6. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Voice of Reason,

great post by a great guy

certainly one of the favourite people i have had the pleasure of meeting thru this board... great night not enough beer but a great night with great man

sorry to hear you are leaving, unlike you i was a Rockets fan before Cat arrived and will continue to be a rockets fan and fan of Houston for all time, nevertheless part of my heart and obsession departs today, just a part though.

it is likely i will start up some sort of website to track the Cat and his progress, so that might be a good place for you, I assume you still have the same email addy, if not drop me an email sometime.

i understand your point of view but an occasional Hangout visit would be great for us all, we all need a Voice of Reason

and drop me an email sometime

Smeg

7. The Voice of Reason

Well I am a New Yorker so the Knicks will be the team I always hope for good things out of, so I cannot add Houston to that list as I have to look out for Cuttino now in Orlando at #2 I really dont have much more room for basketball than that.

also MacBeth you might have noticed my not being so involved in this community for the last several months. I mean the community changed alot here after yao brought so much publicity to the site. It is a better site now, but the small group of fans grew into a city. I am not gone forever, but I thought I would at least make a post letting everyone know whats up.

and isnt this the right forum? I mean it is socially related, not basketball related.

8. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

You should still drop by the Hangout from time to time. It wont change any by Cats departure.

9. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

I don't even like the Rockets (for that matter, I'm not really a basketball fan to any great degree), and I post here all the time.

10. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

gonna miss Cat and you too VoR.

11. The Voice of Reason

Yeah so I wont stop reading here for sure, and um the Magic of course have nothing at all like this to go to. Trust me I looked. Only thing I saw was something linked to realGM and that site annoys the piss out of me from all the clown on here posting "trade accepted" and all those crazy Cap twisting proposals.

anyhoo I will absorb more tomorrow and stuff. night

12. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Hey, I originally came here because of my love for bright, clashing clown suits and flying dildos.

You didn't see me leaving the board after last summer.

Stick around, VOR.

13. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

The Houston Rockets is the team I follow, not the players. Whoever management and personnel can bring in to win us a championship, I will follow. I'm a die-hard Houston Rockets fan, not a player's fan.

Voice of Reason, you should give this team and players a chance. Just because Cat is gone doesn't mean this team will go down the drain.

14. haven

haven Member

You'lll be missed.

15. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Although I don't agree with your decision to move on, I understand nonetheless.

Take care of yourself, VOR and good luck in all that you do in the future.

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

pfffft, there are plenty of us in here who don't celebrate the rockets.

17. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

VOR-
    Sorry to see you go. I came to this board about the time the time the Barkley-pippen stuff blew up (as you can prolly tell from my name I am a Cb4 fan) just because I needed a place to vent and defend CB4.
    Although I am still a Rockets fan I am not nearly into it as much as I used to be when CB4 was playing. I was planning on finding a new team (closer to Ohio) but ultimately I knew the Rockets and continued to follow them.
    So hopefully a similar thing will happen to you, even though part of teh team is in Orlando the team is still the Rockets. here's hoping you stick around.

18. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I'm going to call Weisbrod and see if we can move Cuttino to the Knicks.... for Moochie!

Hope the Mooch wasn't your second-favorite Rocket. Cheers... :)

19. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I always find it interesting to hear how people ended up here.

Hope to see you around and I hope your boy Cat is as successful in Orlando as he was in Houston.

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

If you were posting in the Hangout while Cat was here, nothing would change about that because Cat leaves, I would think? :confused: