1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The 2023 Nets Pick Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by engr chris, Apr 24, 2022.

1. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

One thing I'm missing is, even if Kyrie goes to LA on a mid-level, how will they fill out the roster and still have money to give him a max in 2023?

I assume they could just let Russ expire in 2023 but they'll have the same minimum exception type guys as last year and ultimately fail. Or, they could trade Russ and picks for role players on long term deals but then they won't have money for Kyrie next year.

Also, while I'm glad this is blowing up as a rockets fan - the Nets would probably just be better off putting up with Kyrie's shenanigans and giving him the full max. They would probably be contenders and there's no more vaccine mandate. Sure he may take a couple weeks off here or there but is that worth blowing up your franchise and getting 50 cents on the dollar?

I believe we received '22, '24, '26 and swaps in '23, '25, '27 from Brooklyn.

Caesar likes this.
  2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Little Bit likes this.
  3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

All the Brooklyn picks and swaps are unprotected.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Nets will do right by KD within reason…he is not going somewhere like Sacramento

D-rock and i3artow i3aller like this.
  5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

6. i3artow i3aller

7. Caesar

Caesar Member

That's amazing if true. I must have completely overlooked it seeing as how the GARM was in full depression trading Harden for nothing.

8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lowry+Herro and picks is not a legitimate offer for KD…KD is seen as the 2nd best player in the league and has 4 years left on his deal

I can’t recall a player of this caliber with this many years left on his deal ever being available for trade

D-rock and i3artow i3aller like this.
  10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

you said Kyrie destroyed Boston but gave examples of how they did well without him, so how did he destroy Boston?

Sean Marks is now in a position where his two biggest stars want to leave. that's on him. you're overrating Marks IMO. is he better than King? sure, but he ain't Presti or even Stone. his biggest mistake started with the Harden trade haul they sent the Rockets.

at the end of the day, this nets blowup is great for the rockets, so I love it. but plenty of blame to go around

11. Caesar

Caesar Member

You can't script this story to the same franchise twice. Amazing.
    [​IMG]

12. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

The best outcome for the Rockets is for Kyrie to sign a max extension with the Nets. If he leaves they will trade Durant for a king’s ransom and be pretty good for years. Miami, Phoenix, NO are all strong possibilities.

#512 Hemingway, Jun 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
  13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Ha I realized I said Duran after the fact, but didn’t think it was worth correcting.

Astrodome likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Did u not pay attention to what went down in Boston while he was there? Sorry, but it seems like you’re out of the loop

Kyrie actually doesn’t want to leave…

it’s BK who doesn’t want him that badly and isn’t willing to max him, and that could in turn make KD want to leave

not sure why u feel the need to twist the situation into something that’s not the case

if u want to blame BK, then go ahead

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  15. Caesar

Caesar Member

Damn. How is Tilman going to afford an entire roster of superstar top 3 draft picks when they finish their rookie contracts?

So if Nets legit implode, we may as well try and win every game we can because we'd have to swap our own bad pick with theirs right? Or do we give ourselves double the odds for Wemby? Imagine there's a LeBron in the draft and you got 2 picks, 1 with rights to swap and you get 3 and the swap gets 2 and have to choose between Darko or Melo. Rockets fan. Always a pessimist.

Rodman23 and D-rock like this.
  16. Scarface281

I think the "depression" also had to do with the fact the 8 yearish run the Rockets had being one of the best teams in the NBA was over... the near championships that didnt happen thanks to GSW were over, etc. now that rockets fans see the light at the end of the tunnel was not a train but actually a light to a better future. hindsight for many, but this trade was a great haul. if BK wants it back for KD I'm all for it. but does KD want to lead a group of young 20s to greatness? don't think he has the patience

Caesar likes this.
  17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

2022 - Nets pick which became Eason
    2023 - Houston OR Brooklyn first-round pick, whichever is higher (no protection)
    2024 - Nets pick (no protection)
    2025 - Houston OR Brooklyn first-round pick, whichever is higher (no protection)
    2026 - Nets pick (no protection)
    2027 - Houston OR Brooklyn first-round pick, whichever is higher (no protection)

D-rock, Caesar and Joe Joe like this.
  18. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Reason is the operable word. If Sacramento offers them 4 unprotected picks and 3 unprotected swaps, Durant is a King.

With OKC gobbling up picks, there is a real FRP shortage among a lot of teams.

19. Caesar

Caesar Member

Think about what playoff basketball did for young Kobe and what it could do for Green and Bari. Even what its done for Tatum and Brown. I'd consider giving them the swaps only though not all the picks back.

D-rock likes this.
  20. Scarface281

I'm not twisting anything. I just think it's wrong to put this all one one man as if there isn't a billion dollar NBA organization on the other side of things. the nets have made countless moves over several GMs since they made it to brooklyn that were crap. okay so they might not want to pauy Kyrie, but from his comments it doesn't sound like there is much love the other way. if what you say is true, then why would KD be so ready to jump ship from the nets? does he not have faith they can build things around him? history of the nets in BK say no.