1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The 2023 Nets Pick Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by engr chris, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Caesar

Caesar Member

Damn. I think it's time to familiarize myself with the Nets picks we own. So swap next year, unprotected following year, and repeat until '26?

D-rock and sirjesse like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

I call BS on KD not having a say where he’s traded to…sure, BK isn’t just gonna accept scraps to send KD where he wants to go, but this man isn’t going to Orlando or Sacramento, etc

D-rock, i3artow i3aller and sirjesse like this.
  3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

seems like you just want to blame Kyrie. why not blame BK also? they've been terrible even before Kyrie got there. they aren't even trying to keep KD because KD wants to be far away too. what does that tell you? why does KD and the players have Kyrie's back? they're closest to him. at the end of the day, the BK org is a dumpster fire. I doubt we hear many issues from Kyrie next season in LA for example, unless LA pulls an NYC.

and we should root for more drama anyways. the rockets own the nets

4. Rockets4Life13

I don't either.

Kinda hope he lands with Phoenix, i think that would be interesting and that Team could challenge the Warriors.

Ayton S&T+picks for Durant sounds like one of the better deals available (to a destination that makes sense for KD)

D-rock, i3artow i3aller and Reeko like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

This is the 3rd franchise Kyrie has destroyed, and u want me to blame BK? This time is even worse than Cleveland and Boston because BK is where he wanted to be, he’s with his BFF, and up until this point, had been catered to nonstop as the Nets tried to appease him. This is 100% on Kyrie. The Nets under Sean Marks were actually building something starting from nothing after Billy King obliterated the franchise. They weren’t the Knicks or the Kings.

ElPigto and i3artow i3aller like this.
  6. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Really easy for Miami to put a deal together for Duran. They have most of their first round picks, Lowry, Herro + 2m throw in get it done. You could substitute Irving, but I don’t think Riley will take Irving. Duran could force the Nets to a destination of his choice and I think Miami would make a lot of sense. So would Phoenix. In either case, the Nets could end up with a decent team. I really don’t think the dream of our picks being lottery at least until 2026 is pretty remote.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

pick outright 24' & 26'

swap 23' 25' 27'

i think

Caesar likes this.
  8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

I think Boston could put together a package centered around Jaylen Brown and a ton of picks

10. Rockets4Life13

Oh yeah, forgot about them. But tbh, the way Jaylen Brown evolved this year and with KD being 34 when the season starts, that's a big price to pay.
    I don't think we have to argue about KD>JB but considering the age of Durant and his injury history, it's a huge risk imo.

Reeko likes this.
  11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Ayton sign and trade and picks is a real possibility. Suns could be a real favorite in all this. They have tons of picks and are a Durant away from a championship.

12. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

the nets have not made good decisions since moving to brooklyn. what have they done? tried to recreate a geriatric boston big 3 selling away their future? kyrie didn't destroy boston. they literally were just in the finals. he was a headcase in his feelings there but he didnt destroy the franchise. and the nets...they did this to themselves. not by getting kyrie, but by being bad at managing in general. maybe they wouldn't have to rely on overpaying FAs if they didn't sell away their draft picks for senior citizens?

if this is on kyrie, then what did the nets give up for him? he was signed there. you're telling me kyrie signing there destroyed BK's scouting department too? gonna disagree man. kyrie has a part but the biggest share of the pie falls on BK.

I hope this happens. big flex

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

KD to Miami would have to be Bam+Herro as the starting point

14. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Don’t mean to spam but Pelicans could be a contender as well if Nets willing to take a chance on His Fatness.

15. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Get your SPF10M sunscreen out with the welder's mask and watch the beautiful red orange glow

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

not sure if you’re actually serious right now

yeah, Boston is in the finals after getting rid of Kyrie

when he was there, they made the ECF without him, got destroyed in the 2nd round with him available, then made the ECF again immediately after he left…now they made the finals

please familiarize yourself with what Sean Marks did once he arrived in BK taking over an obliterated franchise

c’mon man

17. Caesar

Caesar Member

That couldn't happen right? It's a protected swap? Jesus, is it unprotected rights to swap if we so choose? OMG

18. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Nets are totally willing to send Durant to any of the other 29 teams if those teams are willing to give up a lot to get him. Durant's wanting to play for a contender will likely keep most of the weak teams away as they don't want KD forcing his way out there as well. No one wants to be to Durant what Brooklyn is to Harden. As such, Orlando is unlikely to pony up what the Nets would want knowing that KD would likely not want to play there.

Kings, they may be just the right amount of crazy to do it.

I'm hoping the Rockets can get in on a Durant trade as a third team as Durant could shake a good player away.

luckyman76 likes this.
  19. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Not really. Duran like he has done and other superstars have done could force the issue (see Harden, AD, etc) Nets can ask for the moon, but rarely does this work out for the team forced to trade the superstar. Unfortunately, with most of these scenarios the Nets are going to get back at least one really good player and a bunch of picks.

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Pretty sure there are only minimal protections if any on all those Nets draft picks. They were not banking on losing much when trading for Harden after getting KD and Irving.

Caesar likes this.