1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's/who's the next move?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Puppet Master, Jun 25, 2022.

1. xaos

xaos Member

I would only do it if we shown that we are way way ahead of schedule (as 20 yr olds!)

sirjesse likes this.
  2. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

upload_2022-6-26_21-25-48.gif

I live in the Bay Area but I’ve been a rockets fan since 1986. I have spent how much following the heart of a champion even though the local team keeps winning championships?

Math does not matter baby. Watching Rudy coach, dream play, and the kiss of death will always be all I ever needed. Anything else the Rockets give me is just icing on the cake.

D-rock, Dacamel and tehG l i d e like this.
  3. StevieCrossover

Next move, wait for the 2023 1-5 top pick. Pray we score big. Don't think Houston can buy a star yet so it'll have to be farmed.

AB83Rules likes this.
  4. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Trust the process. Let them develop and see.

5. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

How many games Klay Thompson played during that 3yr time span? 32! Injury happens, Collins played 66/77 games the previous 2 seasons before the injury, it's not like his body type's injury prone, and he's only 24 years old. The Spurs just fully guaranteed his $7.3mil. contract 2 days ago, i guess Popovich and the Spurs medical staff knows a little better on his health than you sir

6. VoR

VoR Member

Team will look very different now that Wood is gone. Green/KPJ/Gordon/KMJ/Sengun/Smith/Mattews/Eason will get the most shots in that order. If Smith proves to be a reliable shooter, he could easily flash games of 30+ ppg.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

[​IMG]

TimDuncanDonaut and sirjesse like this.
  8. sirjesse

Supporting Member

Matisse and a pick is not the worst thing in the world.

D-rock likes this.
  9. sirjesse

Supporting Member

upload_2022-6-26_22-36-35.jpeg

D-rock likes this.
  10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I gave statistics, you come back with some emotional garbage, excuse making and finger pointing at everyone else.

2022 says .... hold my beer.

Nook and jcmoon like this.
  11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

just trying to consolidate - and hopefully garner some minor assets for guys that arent in the future plans...

wait for somebody to pony up a frp pick for Ego... or a young prospect... but be content for him to mentor - if hes cool with the role...

jump on any interest in Wall... but we seem content just to let him expire...

move KMJ, Tate, and other random contracts for any potential future draft capital... 2nd rd picks, swaps, whatever...

maybe if theres a young big...

but i wouldnt expect anything major...

prob just let the kids grow for a year...

D-rock likes this.
  12. MultipleSauces

Buyout wall
    Trade Gordon to Philly for thybulle
    Trade kmj and Tate and boban somewhere I dunno

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Team should try to build a team trying to compete this season. Try and make this an attractive free agent destination in 2 years. I think getting rid of Wood and his s**t demeanor will help, I think getting rid of Porter would help in that regard as well.

A situational backup center is really the only free agent target. I would dump Porter like a bad habit, but they aren't so there's already too many guards on the roster. At least one of Tate/Gordon has to go for simple rotation purposes. Gordon is likely to be that guy.

Wouldn't mind if they consolidated the incoming Wood salary and assets for a proven wing player who may be a long term role player fit.

#193 sealclubber1016, Jun 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

1. Buy out Wall

2. Add Bzdelik and Abdelfattah to coaching staff

3. Consolidate roster w/trade(s)

kjayp likes this.
  15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You worry too much about matching up with them, when it is really they that will be worried to match up with us. Who is going to defend Sengun with JG and Jabari flanking him? I'll take that advantage all damn day. The defense is about the team, the culture and the coaching staff, not an individual player. We have plenty of defensive tools in the toolbox. What we need is to maximize the 3rd best iso-post player in the NBA, Alperen Sengun.

16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

What should happen:

Stone forces an assistant head coach, defense on Silas.
    KJM and Gordon traded at a minimum. Tate if his 3 Pt shot still sucks or if it gives you a better pick in return.
    Wall used to facilitate an Irving or Westbrook trade, or bought out.
    Starting line-up right from the start of KPJ, JG, Eason, Smith, Sengun.
    TyTy to RGV. Nix given minutes to prove he can be a backup PG.
    JC gets 20-25 mins as backup SG.
    Garuba gets his shot as backup big.
    Matthews is relegated to garbage time only.

What will happen:
    Stone lets Silas pick his new coaches
    Gordon kept until trade deadline and get 25 mins a game.
    Tate starts and Eason gets about 10 mins a game until late in the season.
    Garuba gets garbage minutes and Matthews gets as many minutes as JC.
    Silas still fails to put any semblance of a system on the floor and blames it on youth.
    Rockets win about 30 games from the sheer talent upgrade with Smith, Sengun starting, and more progression from KPJ and Green.

D-rock and peleincubus like this.
  17. marinara

marinara Member

Nah just couldn’t be bothered at the time tbh just wrote a half assed response cos I knew you’d reply :)

18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

A former top 10 pick (not top 5) that was considered a bust with Phoenix and traded in his second season. His numbers in Phoenix weren’t much better, outside of 3 pt shooting.
    Alp is two years younger, and a better player. Smith would be a good back up rotational player.

19. shinjirod

shinjirod Member

I’d agree this is the plan. However, if the kids start showing their potential (hopefully, a lot towards the final days of the season, like Jalen dif this year), you could start getting the attention of meaningful role players. With that and a good 2023 pick, you’d probably want to start using the cap space money to give the roster shape and cut a couple years off the rebuild, trying to get them to the playoffs as early as possible as a play in in the 10-7 range, which would also accelerate development.

That’d be my plan.

20. marinara

marinara Member

I don’t think all of that in seriousness has to do with KPJ. Plenty of times there is other ball handlers that will take the ball up on offense.

It’s not just KPJ every time no doubt I just think considering it was his first season playing point guard and first season fully starting next to a 19 year old back court mate he did show signs as being able to run point at times but there was also times when he seems out of control and does take too many dribbles. His turn overs dropped .5 over the season also his assist rate is 2/1 which isn’t great but could be worse the way his talked about.

Everyone needs to improve, the coaching needs to be improved the roster is 75% kids basically.