1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 NBA Finals: Golden State vs. Boston

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 29, 2022.

?

2022 NBA Finals: Warriors vs Celtics

Poll closed Jun 4, 2022.
  1. Warriors in 4

1.0%
  2. Warriors in 5

13.7%
  3. Warriors in 6

26.5%
  4. Warriors in 7

8.8%
  5. Celtics in 7

13.7%
  6. Celtics in 6

31.4%
  7. Celtics in 5

1.0%
  8. Celtics in 4

3.9%
  1. RocketsDraftTV

patrick mahomes and his wife Brittany matthews if they had a reality tv show, I bet it wouldn’t flop like currys did on abc 2 years ago. The curry family just isn’t that interesting lol

2. Asian Sensation

Maybe they were just too “light skin”. Perhaps if they were darker they would’ve gotten more support from the “black community”. Am I doing this right? @RocketsDraftTV aka @HardenVolumeOne

3. RocketsDraftTV

or maybe steph curry is not this watchable transcendent ratings magnet like espn would have you believe unless he is matched up with a perceived villain of the nba like Durant, harden and lebron. I’ve been tracking currys playoff tv ratings since 2014, in series againist the nuggets twice, Utah, the pelicans twice, and even the blazers his ratings are average to below average including this year againist mavs compared to when he plays againist the thunder in 2016, the rockets in 2015, 2016, 2018, and 2019 where they broke viewersership for the western conference playoffs on tnt and espn and then their is lebron who generates the most ratings for the majority of his playoffs series outside of 2020 and the woke bubble nba playoffs

Patrick mahomes and even a newcomer like josh Allen greatly outdraw steph curry when they do celebrity golf. Even when curry has Barkley with him, they dont get viewers lol

Scarface281 likes this.
  4. Asian Sensation

Who cares.

4 X Champion
    2 X MVP (1 unanimous)
    1 X Finals MVP

You aka @HardenVolumeOne hate to see it and I love that you hate seeing it.

5. RocketsDraftTV

the warriors won the title and when the talk shows weren’t getting the ratings discussing currys overrated place among the top ten all-time. Not even a week had passed before they quickly shifted back to kyrie, Durant, and harden topics lol.

6. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

I guess I have to explicitly connect the dots for you here. Hockey in particular is a majority "international players" from the perspective of Americans. It's...something...to claim that the influx of international players is turning Americans off the NBA, but hockey--again, much MORE full of international players--is where they're going.

About that:

NBA Finals Game 1, in which the Boston Celtics defeated the Golden State Warriors 120-108, averaged nearly 12 million viewers (11,901,000) across ABC and ESPN2 on June 2. It was up 37 percent from last year’s Game 1, according to Nielsen.

Game 1 peaked with nearly 13 million viewers (12,963,000) at 10:45 p.m. ET and was the most-watched NBA Finals Game 1 in three years. It also propelled ABC to win the night across all of television — broadcast and cable — and in every key demo, including P18-34, P18-49, P25-54, M18-34, M18-49 and M25-54.

Huh, most-watched in three years. What changed over the past two Finals, I wonder? Are these also dots you need me to connect for you?

7. RocketsDraftTV

the nhl doesnt have a woke problem, the nfl saw their ratings tanking too and blackballed kaepernick. Problem solved overnight

the nba wont last much longer as a top sport in america. We saw what happened to the mlb when international players started taking over, the mlb is recently making a comeback in the ratings along with the nhl and f1 racing. Americans aint turning out the all time greats like they used too, this last class with durant, lebron, curry, harden, and lillard will be it for the foreseeable future when it comes to american elite talent. Jokic, Embiid, Luka, and Giannis are breaking PER records and setting records for box plus minus seemingly every year. Who does the league market when those guys american guys are gone.. ja morant a dude who cant stay healthy is probably a bigger party animal than harden, you know stephen a smith has an issue with international players, they were trying to market luka as another lebron, when his skillset is james harden to a tee. Their aint no lebrons walking through that door anymore. the number 1 pick for next year is also international.

as for the ratings

https://barrettsportsmedia.com/2022...ngs-spike-still-lowest-viewership-since-2007/

The average audience for the NBA Finals has trended downward since peaking at 20.38 million in 2017. The last time the finals averaged less than 14 million was 2007 when San Antonio swept the Cleveland Cavaliers.

8. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

I have no answers for your racist rant.

You cited game 1 ratings and I pointed out you were wrong.

You can read it for yourself: https://www.nba.com/news/nba-finals-ratings-up-37-percent-from-2021-series

foh likes this.
  9. RocketsDraftTV

highest in 3 years, that’s just another way of saying the ratings were garbage the past 2 and the 2019 ratings were slightly higher. Overall the ratings still were on par with 2007. Steph curry is not this ratings magnet like espn and casuals would have you believe. He definitely is a rating magnet locally in the bay but on a national level he ain’t pulling big numbers. The curry family is not that interesting to most Americans. That’s why they have had 2 separate tv shows flop ratings wise lol. I bet if you have a reality show with mahomes and his wife it wouldn’t flop

10. tksense

tksense Member

It's easy to see how a clean, christian, no-controversy family guy is not a reality TV draw. If ratings and eyeballs are the only measure of success, would you want more Kardashians, bicker matches, sex or drug parties, and scandalous "reality" shows, etc on TV?
    In reality, it's Youtube and Netflix who had permanently replaced those TV viewership.

11. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

I guess when the basketball is against you, start talking about television show ratings.

I think a Harden reality show would have pulled pretty good numbers. Clearly, he's the real MVP.

Asian Sensation likes this.
  12. RocketsDraftTV

harden is a bigger ratings draw nationally than curry easily. Maybe it’s because he’s more polarizing I don’t know, but harden playoff games historically do very well ratings wise even againist smaller market teams like Utah and okc

13. Asian Sensation

Lol @RocketsDraftTV aka I swear guys I’m not @HardenVolumeOne grasping at straws and going on racist rants again.

First it was holding Steph against not having won a Finals MVP and now he’s turned his attention to …… television…. show …. ratings?

[​IMG]