1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Politico] Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights, draft opinion shows

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DonnyMost, May 2, 2022.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Funny all of the 2nd amendment advocates that have a fear of the government and use that as justification. Why not bring back machine guns then? Why keep them regulated? Why not other arms like rocket propelled weapons too? We need a militia to protect from the over zealous government right? Where does it end?

#981 AleksandarN, Jun 26, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Technically speaking the guns are there to support our civilian population against all threats foreign and domestic - if our own government over reaches and gets out of touch with the populace, our citizenry have the right to engage that government with fire arms - that is in our constitution.

IMHO, the GOP is way overstepping it's governance against what the vast majority wants, this will lead to assassination attempts against judges, congress people, Senators etc..etc....

We are a complete mess right now.......heading towards a fall.

DD

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Got it, so public places like the Capitol building, you have a right to bring your weapons there then. Gov't can't stop you.

4. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet
    Supporting Member

Yes. In fact, you can already do this, but the government requires an extensive background check and a $200 tax stamp. We should get rid of those regulations too.
    They can and do. They probably shouldn't be able to.

5. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Yeah why not. No background checks or regulations on machine guns and hand held rocket launchers. What else next tanks?

StupidMoniker likes this.
  6. StupidMoniker

Supporting Member

Tanks, helicopters, submarines, nukes, the whole nine yards.

7. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Thanks for proving my point @StupidMoniker . Let’s turn this country into fortnight. You are living up to the first part of your handle. Well done.

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Her campaign said she made a mistake and meant to say right to life. If that is the case why didn’t she say white to life instead of white life.

10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

a5769250-e73a-4869-9d3e-af83cb51e3d7_1.78669333a5c01f71649243c7376f6e66.jpeg

Funny how many similar "mistakes" and "gaffes" get made in certain company, like her "Hitler was right about one thing..." statement.

mdrowe00, B-Bob and AleksandarN like this.
  11. edwardc

edwardc Member

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

So they need to remove those metal detectors. When I went to the white house, they didn't let people bring a swiss army knife key chain. That's a violation of people's rights.

13. edwardc

edwardc Member

14. StupidMoniker

Supporting Member

I suppose they technically don't have to let people in at all. There is no Constitutional right to go into the White House. You have the right to peaceably assemble or to petition the government to redress grievances, but neither of those require even going to DC.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

We I had a meeting there so I actually had to go if I wanted to get paid for my work. But other people don't have to go. but still, I should be allowed to bring a machine gun because a war could break out and I have a right to bear arms. Still it's public property, so the gov't shouldn't be able to restrict guns on public lands right?

Otherwise, what's to stop the city of DC from saying you can't bring guns into it? I mean, you don't have to live in DC right? You don't have a constitutional right to live in DC. Or NYC for that matter. I just checked and there is no right in the constitution that gives you the right to live in DC.

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's one thing to have a largely white crowd, but all those people look to be the same exact shade of pale. :oops:
    Can't last forever, my fellow honkies. Enjoy your f*ed up rallies.

Anyway, on topic: have all us mens in this here thread figured this abortion thing out for womens yet? Once we've nailed down the particulars, I'd like to communicate it to the Mrs.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  17. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Could be a mistake. MAGA crowd applauding it though.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Could be, but given her past associations with White Nationalists, it might not be.

AleksandarN likes this.
  19. StupidMoniker

Supporting Member

Correct. Though if not allowed to prevent people from bringing in weapons, they may just make it not accessible to the public (they can also hold meetings somewhere else, like a private office building).
    They really should shrink DC down to just the government buildings and then no one would be living in DC. They do let people live there though (a point I have made repeatedly, just because something isn't a Constitutional right, doesn't mean it is outlawed). If you live there, you have a right to have a gun there.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Got it, so if someone doesn't live in say NYC, NYC can pass laws that disallow them from bringing guns into the city. But it can't prevent its own residents from having guns.