1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Trade Targets

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by HTown2017Champs, May 8, 2022.

1. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

No idea if the Astros would actually be interested but seen fans throw his name around so figured I'll post about him. Royals are reportedly exploring a trade for Andrew Benintendi. Royals are known to make trades in June/mid July, rather than waiting until the deadline. Apparently if they get a offer they like now, most likely accept it, rather than holding him until the deadline.

joshuaao likes this.
  2. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

i like him I think he would fit nicely I think a Trade of Benintendi, Merrifield and Scott Barlow as a Package trade would be nice.
    RF pushing Tucker to CF and using Merrifield to a Utility role. and Barlow to the Pen we would be deep

javal_lon likes this.
  3. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

I've seen people assume Merrifield won't get traded. Besides, is he still butthurt about 2017? Has he moved on or does he still think Altuve stole his All Star spot?

Also, I think Royals would get more value if they trade them separately.

4. raining threes

You should want players that will give them their best chance to win a championship over the next 2 -3 years

everyday eddie likes this.
  5. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

I'm thinking if I make a trade Drury from thw Reds is better then Abreu at this point in there career

6. raining threes

You should checkout their career track records and most importantly who do you think will perform better under the pressure of the playoffs.

7. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

LOL

8. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Track records dont mean nothing at this point in there careers.

age is a problem with the Astros. look at today not the lustrous careers before hand.

Abreu is on the down side of age he doesnt have alot left in his tank. he may be good for a small one year run but thats it.

if your trading assets why trade for more Age? Drury is cheaper ad is doing better then him. Manicini is doing better aswell and younger.

so why add more age?

9. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Plus your talking about a rental at 18 m to a player at vet minimum

10. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

I am starting to like the idea of a veteran rental like Abreu splitting time with Yuli at 1B

Then Matijevic and Taylor Jones battling forvthe job next spring.

If one of them doesn't seize the job and provide + offense then 1B bats are always available at the deadline again.

Wulaw Horn and raining threes like this.
  11. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Question can JJ play any other postions?

12. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

If Abreu becomes available it wouldn’t be until the deadline, Sox ain’t gonna sell unless they feel certain they are out of it

13. HTown2017Champs

He can probably play LF too. He has seen a lot of time there in AAA and the Astros seem to be keen on developing him there as well as 1B.

14. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

last year the Sox had a chance to sell and they didnt. they love him up in Chicago he aint leaving

15. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

I ask that because he could have a chance to get some playing time if they shift Tucker to CF some days and let him play RF or Brantley a day off with Chas down and Siri down

16. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

Wouldn't it be smart for them to ask him if he wants to get traded to a contender and get some assets. Then tell him we would like to bring you back as a free agent? I guess the downside would be if he got traded and ended up enjoying his time with the new team/city and he signs with them instead.

17. HTown2017Champs

Last year? Heading into 2021 he was the reigning MVP, and the team had high hopes. They led their division practically wire to wire, so the White Sox were never going to move him.

The Beard, Wulaw Horn and Bregatron like this.
  18. HTown2017Champs

Astros get:
    RHP Daniel Bard

Rockies get:
    OF Chas McCormick
    RHP Ronel Blanco

Bard can be this year's Graveman. He's having a phenomenal season (sub-1 WHIP, more K than IP, sub-2 ERA), though he is a rental. You can never have too many high-leverage arms. May take a bit more but that i

19. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Castro sure does seem unplayable. Still a month to go, but his roster spot appears to be the most ripe for an upgrade.

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

How about a catcher that can hit at least in the 250-280 range, so at least some days the opposition doesn't consistently have several easy outs a game?

raining threes likes this.