1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jabari and Sengun is a duo made in heaven

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Jun 24, 2022.

1. CXbby

CXbby Member

I can make a case for you to stfu

ajc123, Rashmon, TheJuice and 8 others like this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL....I'd LOVE to hear why you think there is a case to start a 6'4 center.

3. hakeemthagreat

Because he can play defensive & occasionally create offense. His ability to switch makes him a better option to start

4. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Enough of this "Sengun can't play defense at all" crap. Sengun literally had a better defensive rating last season than Tate.

ajc123, TheJuice, Rudyc281 and 8 others like this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sengun is a better defender than Tate at the 4 and 5 and he creates more offense than Tate.

ajc123, TheJuice, Rudyc281 and 3 others like this.
  6. bmelo

bmelo Member

The fit isnt even touching one with Jalen. Jalen and Jabari give ridicolous space for Sengun for some oldschool inside outside game. And id you wanna strech the d to force them inside. Welp, Jalen has top-2 first step and vertical in the league right now standing at 6’6

ajc123, TheJuice, Rudyc281 and 4 others like this.
  7. bmelo

bmelo Member

Tate cant play defense himself. He fooled yall just running around doing nothing but yelling. Too small for the interior too clumsy on the perimeter

TheJuice, hakeem94 and Jontro like this.
  8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Yikes.

Tate is closer to playing for the Sydney Kings again than he is to starting over Sengun at C.

Hahaha can you imagine opposition players and coaches when they see the team list and Tate is the C. Would be akin to those cartoons where the characters jaw falls straight to the floor.

Yikes.

ajc123, TheJuice, Rudyc281 and 7 others like this.
  9. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

No biggie bruh.. The awareness I'm specifically pointing out is reaching or flailing at the ball when he's tired or beaten... He HAS to know he's a vital part to what we hope to accomplish.. He has to stay on the floor, especially in the 2nd half... Its a different approach you have to have when you're starting rather than providing a spark off the bench... That's all I'm saying..

10. hakeemthagreat

No. Jabari will start at C and Tate will play PF. Sengun's defense is atrocious. He will literally foul out the 1st half of every game if he starts

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So, you want to play Jabari out of position so that you can play a 6'4 PF who is inferior to Sengun?

LOL, that's certainly some kind of take.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I was thinking about the same thing. Sengun is good at the low post game. I remember the opponent had to double team him when he posted up down low. When that happens, somebody is open outside and you can bet Sengus is able to see that guy. We have elite C&S guys in Jabari and KPJ and Green and Eason are no chopped liver at shooting and diving to the rim.

ajc123, TheJuice, hakeem94 and 5 others like this.
  13. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

You might be the only person who could dig to China. That is a mighty big hole you keep digging.

Tell me you don't understand basketball, without telling me you don't understand basketball.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are debating a peanut.

Not worth the calories.

15. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Sengun’s weaknesses are his lack of shooting and lateral quickness, and having Jabari is not going to change that. He is still going to get bullied on defense and clog up the lane on offense. I wish we would keep Bruno Fernando. He has outplayed Sengun and I think he is going to be a defensive beast.

#115 ashleyem, Jun 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
  16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

So wrong.

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

sengun is the entire offense unto himself...thinking that sengun is clogging up the lane is like thinking yanis antetokumpo a nba champion and 2 times mvp is lacking in shooting and is clogging up the lane...lolololol

on defense, sengun is a plus defender...no doubt about it, but he is not a defensive stud type that can cover for a shitty defensive scheme, officiating, coaching and clueless temmmates that dont care to defend...

Little Bit and ajc123 like this.
  18. Student Loan

Student Loan Member

This guy has obvious traits of becoming a superstar. I will not be surprised if he becomes Rockets best player.

Sengun-Green-Smith is such a dynamic trio. Gotta give credit to Rafael Stone and staff for such a wonderful rebuild.

19. Student Loan

Student Loan Member

I would definitely be shocked. This team is very young and I think 2023/24 season is where they start to compete for playoffs.

Although I'd like to see comparison from Rockets to Grizzlies.

20. i3artow i3aller