1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now lets ALL Say the truth about STEVE FRANCHISE..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ElVenezolano, Jun 29, 2004.

1. caphorns

caphorns Member

Yeah. Great idea. Lock a thread trashing Steve but leave open the numerous threads trashing our newest members of the Rockets. After all we all want to rejoice in the horrible loss we are suffering with Steve leaving while maintaining our perfect ability to trash OUR own players while they are still Rockets. Stupid.

2. Nova

Nova Member

Every negative thread about TMac, etc over the past few days has been locked. This place is being censored like there's no tomorrow, so don't give me that. I haven't seen ONE thread hating Steve get locked, no matter how flamatory it was (comparing him to Malone for example). Stupid.

3. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Steve Francis was awesome! I'm definetly going to miss him! I thank him for everything he did for this team and I hope he will become a better player in Orlando and I hope that the city treats him well and the fans are as appreciative of him as I am and some of the other Rocket fans here are.

4. Nova

Nova Member

The TRUTH would be that Francis and Cat played hard as hell for the Rox since they were drafted, and given a few more years they, with Yao, may have taken us pretty far into the playoffs and maybe even championship contenders. Why are some of ya'll hating on them? The results were disappointing sometimes sure, but they gave it their all. McGrady will be and exciting change from Francis and Cat, but who can say for sure if it will be better in the end? A lot of you are applauding bringing in McGrady AND hating Steve and Mobley, but McGrady has done as well, or not even as well, with his team as Francis and Cat did for the Rox.

That being said, I believe this deal will benefit both teams by giving both teams something new and exciting to root for, and give fans more hope for their teams to reach the finals.

5. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

The truth about Francis is that he's too stupid to win a title. He sure wasn't going to win one in Houston being the first or second option... Stevie had better hope the refs don't come to their senses and start calling traveling. I think I saw him travel more last year than every other NBA player I've ever seen-combined. He might try to pull a G.P. at the end of his career and latch on with some contender, but as far as him winning a ring as the first or second option- I'll be shocked if it happens.

6. drapg

drapg Member

Good riddance.

7. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

They were the heart and soul of a team that wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs without Yao. I will miss Mobley; I'd much rather have kept Mobley than Francis. I'll probably alway hold a special place in my heart for them though knowing they fetched us T-Mac.

8. PXZ

PXZ Member

You just revealed your stupidity.

9. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

Yeah, just not against us.

10. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Agreed.

11. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

Steve was an exceptional athlete with the will to win who tried to break the mold. Point guards who look to their own offense ahead of their teammates, and are their team's best player, have never been able to lead their team to championships. Steve simply wasn't good enough to change the game, and didnt have the ability to change for the game. Good luck, Steve, you were fun to watch, and you really tried.

12. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Agreed, Steve DID try his ass off, except when it came to improving in the offseason. A lot of people here seem to think that giving it your all equals a winner, but when your NOT winning it doesn't mean anything except you're just not good enough. And that's what Steve was.

I think Count Mondago said it best: "Good bye Steve...you did please me some of the time." :D

13. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

I don't just mean on the court: he really, really tried to be supportive of Yao as a teammate, and that says a lot, IMO. He just couldn;t play with him.

14. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

Good luck Stevie!

[​IMG]

15. Nova

Nova Member

Actually, they already sniffed the playoffs in 2001... Best record to ever miss the playoffs, by a mere game. If that's not sniffing, I don't know what is. Anyways, the same thing could be said about Yao... He wouldn't have done jack either of his two years without Steve or Mobley.

16. Panda

Panda Member

It's funny to know that a guy who doesn't play defense, doesn't push the ball, stands pat and dribbles the air out of the ball and whose team's performance fluctuates from quarter to quarter and can't win more than 3 in a row are called a workhorse, just because he flies into three defenders to make a highlight reel.

17. stroker

stroker Member

It was a pleasure watching Francis until last year IMO (with the exception of the playoffs) because his J seemed to elude him more than any other season, and he seemed out of control more last year especially when driving to the hole. I love Francis for his heart, competitiveness and his sheer love of the game. I'll miss that pure love of basketball in Cat too, but they both made too many bonehead plays although Cat seemed to play more under control last year than SF.

I will epecially miss Francis' hops and his elevation for a PG was awesome to watch over the years and when he had the green light under Rudy, his J was SWEEEEEEEEET. I hope he gets more freedom in Orlando to score without the burden of dumping it into the paint and I'll be rootin' for him just like I do for Sam I Am. I love em' both and will always be a fan of their very awesome games. I"ll also miss SF genuine love for his team mates as well as Cat having that same quality. Both great guys and pure in their love of the game. I got nothin' but love for both of em'/

Big Ups^ Franchise and Cat. It was bittersweet but thanks for giving it everything you had and hope both players return to the playoffs because effort wise they definitely deserve it in the right system.

18. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Steve is my fav player in the league but trading for Tmac was a no brainer.....Steve was awesome I know people were hard on him but they just wanted him to play to his potential. The best game I have ever seen was still Steves game against Lakers last year in Yao vs Shaq 1. He had heart and too bad that isnt enough sometimes. He was the man and hopefully will reinvent himself as the FRANCHISE in Orlando. I hope steve cat and cato can all go on and do better without us because i know we probably will without them.

19. Life2Def

Life2Def Member

Thanks Steve because he was the only player I seen on the Rockets last year that played his heart out.

20. haven

haven Member

Being a bit cruel to the original poster. This board has turned on Francis the last two years. It's a bit hypocritical to be so complimentary now.

It's easy to put up with someone's flaws when you no longer have to do so ;).