1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade, eliminating constitutional right to abortion

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Reeko, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

if you're hanging out with blue-hairs instead of these ladies, you're doing it wrong

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Ok great thanks for playing

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

for playing what?
    Are all your posts so idiotic?

First you expressed a desire to eliminate rights for gay people.

then you expressed a desire to have no black people.

it’s disgusting.

4. Roc Paint

I’ve never expressed a desire to not have Black people

don’t quote me boy because I said ****

Too bad your parents didn’t abort your ass while it was still legal

5. JayZ750

So all your posts are moronic. Got it.
    You said no black people are great.

a liar and an idiot.

6. Roc Paint

Please show me where I said no Black people are great

7. Roc Paint

I’m gonna go back to the forum where we talk about basketball because you people on here are worthless pieces of **** with no common sense to speak of

just so you realize Jay Z there is an ignore button dumb ass
    - Roc Nation

8. JayZ750

Post #408 where you said No Black people are great.

9. JayZ750

then push it you homophobic racist

10. Roc Paint

I’m having much more fun tormenting you and your narrow mind

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

The one that really stands out from the Numbers 5:11-31 passage:

Nook, FranchiseBlade and jiggyfly like this.
  12. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Really tough when my daughters look to me for reassurance and for the first time ever, I can't give them any.

They and their friends are already making plans to get out of the country. We're about to see the first brain drain in US History. Educated women with means will not want to be here. They won't go to school in red states, they won't raise families in a place where the kids may die in a classroom. They won't live in a place where they are in fear of their physical safety for putting a candidate's sign in their yard. They won't live in a place where a bad pregnancy means a death sentence. They won't work for companies that put them in those places. They won't.

When they go, they will take family and friends with them. This will be a major demographic hit. Last year, for every two men that earned a PhD, three women did. Women make up the majority of college degree earners. Educated women like to be around other educated people. Once a brain drain starts in a country, it is really hard to slow down--much less reverse--unless you have a wall that keeps people in.

The economic ramifications of this are going to be tremendous. What educated family is going to let their daughters go to school in a red state? What family that cares about their daughter's futures are going to stay in a red state? What corporation will make their employees live in a place where their daughters, sisters, and wives are in danger from a rape or a bad pregnancy? The crazy will continue to be poisonously distilled in the states left behind. The brainpower of youth, our intellectual seed corn, will flock to blue states and then, after a nationwide ban, they will leave the country. Families will be torn apart because women will feel they have to leave the hometown or the home state or the country. This is a terrible decision and we can't even begin to understand the political, societal, and economic consequences, both obvious and unintended. People aren't going to sit down and take it. Life is not going back to before. People will act in some way, either with their feet or, when they feel there is no other redress, with violence.

Buckle up folks. This is going to be as tough as it is unnecessary.

13. JayZ750

makes sense I’d expect someone who expressed such views to think it’s fun to attempt to torment other people. It aligns with your mindset.

me: fun - talking about the nba draft

you: fun - attempting to torment people

14. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Roc Paint likes this.
  15. Commodore

Thomas has the last laugh over this decrepit cretin

16. Roc Paint

Reading that again does look like I should’ve used a comma for Jay Z’s dumb ass

thanks @basso

basso likes this.
  17. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Uncle Thomas is doing exactly what his peon brain was groomed for...in the end if a woman wants an abortion she WILL get one, it's just more unsafe and illegal in some states to do so.

Ban on drugs: fail
    Ban on alcohol: fail
    Ban on abortion? hmmmm...

FranchiseBlade and jiggyfly like this.
  18. Commodore

Thomas did not ban abortion, he ruled the people can if they choose to.

19. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

This is a restoration of the Constitution. Those saying **** the Constitution were the wing that said growing your own food is interstate commerce, having guests in a hotel in Atlanta is interstate commerce, and that somewhere in the Constitution is hidden the rights to marriage, abortion, and contraception.
    A law professor from Notre Dame is unqualified to be on the Supreme Court? Why?
    I hope all the justices feel like they can vote in support of the Constitution.

Women still have all the same rights men have. Neither has a Constitutional right to kill the unborn anymore, that is all this decision did. Now their ability to terminate the child in utero is dependent upon what state they reside in. There will still be plenty of places for women to abort across America, and people are even now establishing special funds to transport women to those states so they can go yeetus that fetus.
    Why should he divorce his wife? Wouldn't he have the option of living in a state that allows interracial marriage (which I think is all of them). Just because something is not a Constitutional right, doesn't mean it is outlawed. Salad isn't a Constitutional right, but you can still eat it.
    Doesn't the fact that more than 10% of atheists believe abortion should be illegal in most/all cases prove the opposite?
    This is simply not true. We don't measure whether someone is alive by a pulse and brain activity alone. Someone on a heart bypass machine doesn't have a pulse, but they are still alive. A bacterium doesn't have a pulse, but it is alive. A ficus doesn't have a pulse or brain activity. The scientific definition of life doesn't require a pulse or brain activity. You are relying on medical definitions of when it is legal to treat a human being as dead to create your definition of alive, but that is not what science says it means to be a living organism.
    That is why I also gave you the definition of human. It isn't enough to say alive, because your finger or gut bacteria are alive, but they are not a unique living human, they are either a part of you or they are non-human organisms respectively.
    This has nothing to do with whether or not a zygote is a living human, now you have moved on to whether a zygote as a living human deserves legal protections. I assert that it does, but that is not what the Supreme Court just ruled, they simply said that the right to terminate is not guaranteed in the Constitution. I am happy that the people will have the opportunity now to protect those lives.
    I don't think any of the people that voted to confirm Kavanaugh or Barrett or Gorsuch did so thinking they were going onto the court to protect Roe v. Wade. They said the same things every nominee says, and every nominee doesn't follow every precedent because sometimes cases were wrongly decided and the court decides to overturn them. These were not the first justices to pay lip service to stare decisis, nor was this the first precedent overturned. I wouldn't view those precedents as safe, not because there are three unusually dishonest justices, but because they are built on a foundation of sand.
    That will be easy, as the law makes no mention of religion, so they cannot claim that they are being forced to practice another religion or prevented from practicing their own. The big abortion issue in Judaism from the articles you posted were that abortion is required to save the life of the mother. I don't think there is a single abortion statute that requires the mother be allowed to die.

basso likes this.
  20. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

No, he ruled that state legislatures can, the individual cannot or else there wouldn't be a need to rollback Roe.