1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Supreme Court says Second Amendment guarantees right to carry guns in public

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Reeko, Jun 23, 2022.

1. dmoneybangbang

And there are restrictions, hence felons "are being infringed upon." Some states don't allow felons to own guns while some states do.

2. dmoneybangbang

That's not the issue, the issue is this nonsense about "shall not be infringed" in the context of firearms which we clearly and rightly do.

I also think felons should be able to vote and I think we should place limits on who can own a firearm.

3. Roscoe Arbuckle

We saw far too many felons get a slap on the wrist in the past few years only to go on to murder someone for your argument to hold water.

4. Roscoe Arbuckle

And, technically, that is unconstitutional.

Andre0087 and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

post stats and not headlines fatty. I’d like to see you use facts and not feelings

6. Roscoe Arbuckle

Dude... I do math for a living, YOU find how I'm incorrect. I've zero interest in researching for you.

7. dmoneybangbang

How is it technically unconstitutional? So there should be technically zero restrictions to firearms of any kind?

8. Roscoe Arbuckle

"Shall not be infringed" is pretty self-explanatory...

9. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

A reminder Saint Reagan introduced 2A resteictions once black panthers open carried and protected polls...

Nook likes this.
  10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Now do "well regulated..."

Nook, dmoneybangbang and Andre0087 like this.
  11. Roscoe Arbuckle

That would be about the militia & not the people.

I know it seems silly that two magicians could point this out, but there you have it. Penn Jillette is a VERY vocal Libertarian. I don't agree with everything he says, but I do see that he is intelligent in his thoughts. They created an entire Showtime series on their beliefs. If you disagree, feel free to let us know.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  12. Roscoe Arbuckle

And I mentioned you with my William Thread. We can argue for the next few decades, but you and your family did such a great favor to a boy. No idea how much, and don't care. This is my stupid thank you.

13. Roscoe Arbuckle

This is the one I sent to my son. Love @bobrek

Love Dolly, and I meant that one with Dolly. This is a bit more appropriate.

Ugh. I love my son. He loves me me flying to join him. I truly miss him coming to Houston. Just met his other Dad at graduation. Craziest thing we had been involved in.

Always be with your kids. I posted on here 20+ years ago. Jeff Balke, being the **** he's always been, talked **** about my divorce. Which, was this guy remarrying the day of our divorce.

My ex had me fight for a decade about adoption. Crazy that the guy I fought for a decade over my son is now a great friend. I know I'm a Dick. But most men know I'm a good guy.

**** it. Always fun to do Alabama.

14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

That's what is currently wrong with our country. We used to be able to argue politics, religion, sports, whatever. We used to be able to have disagreements, listen to those opposing arguments, understand the other person's stance and at the end of the day, go out and have a beer like nothing happened.

Nook and Os Trigonum like this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Again rights can and are restricted. If rights were unrestricted we would never be able to arrest and imprison people.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

Thats what the constitution says. The whole idea of paying for a NFA stamp is unconstitutional. If you want to change the constitution then change it. Use congress and the senate and then the presidency.

that’s why we’re in the ****ing mess. Presidents and states doing whatever the **** they want and relying on a court to sort it out.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

and now you see the real goal of gun control.

btw fatty, don’t be lazy. Do the research for me and I’ll buy you a bottle of bourbon valued at $30 or lower lol

TheJuice likes this.
  18. dmoneybangbang

It really isn't since we've been doing it in various manners for well over a 150 years.

19. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

It's been restricted since the founding. What SCOTUS did was refine what type of restrictions are allowed. Hell, the Bill of Rights didn't even apply to states until after the Civil War.

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Black gun owners to gain from Supreme Court overturning of New York license to carry weapons law

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-yor...0220625-hgnb22xbx5e4jnlvq5g2odzotm-story.html

excerpt:

Black people are more likely to be jailed for weapons possession than other New Yorkers — giving public defenders and civil rights advocates reason to support last week’s Supreme Court ruling expected to ease the process of getting a license to carry a gun.

The defense lawyers’ unlikely alliance with the NRA-affiliated group of New York gun owners who brought the Supreme Court case is based partly on the argument that New York’s laws restricting gun owners’ right to carry weapons had racist underpinnings.

A group of Black Legal Aid lawyers as well as public defender organizations in the Bronx and Brooklyn filed a brief with the Supreme Court in 2021 supporting gun rights groups’ effort to overturn New York’s license to carry laws, which date to 1911.

“[Virtually] all our clients whom New York prosecutes for exercising their Second Amendment right are Black or Hispanic,” said the brief.

“And that is no accident,” the brief says. “New York enacted its firearm licensing requirements to criminalize gun ownership by racial and ethnic minorities.…

“New York police have stopped, questioned, and frisked our clients on the streets. They have invaded our clients’ homes with guns drawn, terrifying them, their families, and their children….

“They have deprived our clients of their jobs, children, livelihoods, and ability to live in this country. And they have branded our clients as ‘criminals’ and ‘violent felons’ for life. They have done all of this only because our clients exercised a constitutional right.”
    more at the link