1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jabari Smith?! Rockets may have the best player in the draft

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lachard Binkley, Jun 24, 2022.

1. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Jonathan Issac says hi.

2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

milk take green and smith jr over mobley and agbaji any day of the week.

and I’ll take green and Mobley over Barnes.

so houston did fantastic over the last 12 months in two drafts imo.

and what I saw from green the last quarter of the season and especially the last 10 games. He’s by far the player of the last two drafts with the highest upside and could be a top 5 player in the league and a true mvp imo. Rookies don’t play that way for 2 games in row let alone 7 with the 30 point streak.

the only players of the last two drafts who I think can be true number one franchise guys imo us green who’s shown it and Chet who I haven’t seen play a minute in the nba but his ceiling is extremely high if he can put it all together but if he can he would be maybe one of the 20 best players to ever play in the nba and I doubt he reaches that but I do admit his ceiling is really high and I’m rooting for him.

Jabari can be a great number 2 or even 3 on a title team he’s like klay Thompson in his prime bit a big. That’s a great player to nab in any draft and I think he Can legit reach that level of two way play fairly quickly. I don’t see him being a 25 ppg game but I do see him being a 18-21 on great shooting guy who does it for 10 years with 8-10 rebounds and really good defense.

that’s a solid all start level big who can make some all nba team. I love this kid.

but jalen green is special and I was a Mobley guy all before last draft and still love Mobley a lot but green is the real deal and he can be a 25 ppg scorer this year with ease imo.

rockets are on a great path with their two foundation players as stone said it and their roller players in alp Josh with Eason can be really good compliments around the big 2.

I’m also high on kpj I think he has real talent and want to see him put it all together here. I think he showed a lot playing without wood and woods gone now. If kpj can take the step I think he can this year the rockets are stacked and set for the next 10 years i truly believe that. I haven’t been this excited about a young rockets team since we paired tmac with Yao and had all those good role players around them. That’s what I see in this team just hope and pray we don’t get robbed of greatness like those teams with injuries.

we might have a true young big three in kpj/green/smith with very good and complimentary young pieces around them and smith is a great 3rd option in the Bosh/klay role with kpj does become a true franchise type player that his talent has flashed.

should be fun.

#42 YaoMing#1, Jun 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
  3. rammo

rammo Member

Banchero is good but he’s landed in a team with sh*t culture and no foreseeable future success.

Chet will be in a wheelchair at age 25. Hard pass even with the skill set.

JSJr is the best player who also landed in the best situation for him personally. And he’s probably shitty he wasn’t the #1 pick.

Watch him tear summer league apart. Get the Kleenex ready.

UTSA2step and Fulgore like this.
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Because he pretty much only shoots highly contested mids in there and from the games I've seen only does like 1-2 drives per game, also no banging in the paint for easier baskets.

Really hope the staff works on that, his game needs to open up a lot more.

htownrox1 and jiggyfly like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Jabari is all about winning, not just words because everyone around him says same.

Never talks about individual goals.

This kid just keeps widening my smile. :D

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

This kid just fvcking gets it. :)

7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Kid’s iq is off the charts

8. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

I am still in shock tbh

Stones Draft grades are A++ after his first two years. Mad props to the FO regarding the draft. Glad Jabari fell, WOW.

9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Even if he doesn't develop a thing and remains the player splashing 42% 3s in defenders faces, guarding anyone on the floor (and well) and just being "tall Klay Thompson" we've acquired a serious talent. Just Klay Thompson? What the hell kind of criticism is that?

The comments about hard work, winning, trash talking lol... did we just upgrade HEART too?

I tell you what. 1st day of practice, introductions and then we're playing 3 on 3. Smith, Eason and Washington on Green, Porter and Sengun. No blood-no foul. 1s and 2s, first to 21.

Shark44 and D-rock like this.
  10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Dave with the permagrin :)

D-rock likes this.
  11. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

A version of LMA that is willing and able to play defense

12. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Not a good post. Jabrari is the best player in the draft and we did get a darn good pg in TyTy!!!

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Jabari Smith right now, is Christian Wood's final form if he were engaged on defensively and could shoot contested jumpers.

There were some periods last year where Christian tried defensively and it was extremely impressive. Unfortunately that effort showed up maybe 1 every 10 games.

Jabari's mentality is going to change the locker room and he doesn't seem like the type that will take well to KPJ's attitude problems.

I think he can certainly change the dynamic of this team.

14. Lachard Binkley

Thank you for listening!

D-rock likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

I actually equate Chet to a longer Wood on offense + elite defense.

Jabari is going to be a whole other animal man.

Cannot wait to see his final form.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Very good and funny segment in case yall missed it.

r-fan-since-81 and D-rock like this.
  17. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I think he will avg 20/10 this season and shoot 40% on treys.

r-fan-since-81 and D-rock like this.
  18. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

It is interesting that TyTy, Jabari and Tari are SEC kids. They all played in the same league last season and played each other multiple times.

D-rock likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Will need to average 4-5 3PA a game.

Very doable.

And someone will have to rebound now that Wood gone. But not seeing double digit averages.

Hope I'm wrong.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Getting chills, so focused.

Again, no individual accolades out of his mouth. No braggadocio at all.

larry cook likes this.