1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Disney+] Star Wars: Obi-wan Kenobi

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Deuce, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

It could be the death of him.

Uprising, Jontro and CCorn like this.
  2. clos4life

clos4life Member

It was a decent show, better than Bubba Fatt. Not as great as Mandalorian. Great final fight although not certain that was the best outcome.

tinman and mikol13 like this.
  3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Opinion: They should have just turned this into a 2.5 hour Disney+ movie and it would have been better.

Caesar, RunninRaven, Beezy and 7 others like this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lots of needless filler in this series
    They ran the kidnapped princess plot to the ground

clos4life likes this.
  5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Honestly, it felt like they tried to make a PG-rated Taken, with some Star Wars sprinkled in.

Caesar, clos4life and tinman like this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If your bff was Hitler, would you...

7. Beezy

Beezy Member

Obi-Wan calling him “Darth” instead of Vader sounded really weird.

tinman and Cokebabies like this.
  8. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Final fight was great. Glad to see Obi Wan get his mojo back. He’s always been about the strongest Jedi whipping Grevious, Maul and Anakin. (Dooku seemed to be his weakness).

So more seasons right? Anyone who has watched Star Wars Rebels (highly recommended) knows what his arc is leading to.

Need more Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, and tell us what happened with Ezra Bridger and Thrawn!

Caesar, Uprising and Jontro like this.
  9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

1st two episodes were satisfactory.

The next 2 were F.

The last 2 were B+, I was cool with them. Even ENJOYED them.

But.... am I supposed to believe Darth Vader gets STRONGER as the years progress? If so that's fine. Otherwise, if Obi is already superior in combat, why do you even need Luke?

Or do the Jedi view the Emperor to be the supreme threat? And that's what they need Luke for?

Beezy, ROXRAN, tinman and 1 other person like this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

This is like if they went back in time a did a clutch city prequel and made Scottie Brooks and Zan Tabak the real heroes

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

That was an Obi-Wayne Kenobi and Garth Vader moment.

It was good but left me wanting more. There is still a long gap to fill in. Season 2 is a must as it feels like it’s just hitting its stride.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

13. Beezy

Beezy Member

Ziggy likes this.
  14. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Final fight was everything! Made up for some shortcomings definitely

Xerobull likes this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

And the Fallen Order copy paste plot for Reva

16. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, finale was pretty great. Delivered on all the things I was hoping to get out of this series. Glad I stuck around for it because 90% of what came before was pretty garbage. I'll spoiler my thoughts but I think they've all been echo'd by previous posters:

• Lightsaber duel between Vader and Kenobi was just baller. Some great moments, both cinematically and action-wise. The weird wire-fu move he made when he sliced the helmet was kind of silly, but a small smudge on an otherwise great sequence. I was also a little put off by the "Goodbye, Darth" line as well as Vader saying "That's why you will always LOSE!" Felt kind of off. I would have expected Vader to say "fail" instead of "lose" there. But again, nitpicking.
    • Reva was actually pretty great here. Once she stopped trying to be scary and intimidating she was able to show off her acting chops. Though every moment she had the audience could see from a mile away, but it was still light years better than prior episodes.
    • Totally agree that this whole series should have been a movie. So much of what came before this episode DID NOT MATTER. I get that they are trying to create this relationship between Leia and Obi Wan, but you can do that in a short period of time with good writing. Movies have done it plenty before.
    • This was a first time ever in the Star Wars universe that was not disappointed in Hayden Christiansen. Admittedly he barely showed any of his face, but that brief moment he had with Obi Wan after his helmet was partially cut open...man, chills. That was so well done.

Overall, I'm glad I watched. I know for some shows people tell you to skip episodes but I can't really do that. I would be too worried I was seeing things that I didn't fully understand. So I would have never just watched the last episode or the last two. But damn, why can't Disney ever learn from its mistakes and successes? I feel like there is a long enough history of things that have really worked in the Star Wars universe and things that absolutely have NOT worked that they should be able to put out better product than this. As much as people hate the formulaic nature of the Marvel universe, they have a pretty high level of quality averaged over all their movies that Star Wars hasn't sniffed for a while. Sometimes being formulaic can be a good thing, if executed well. Figure it out, Disney.

mikol13, Jontro and Uprising like this.
  17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

BTW that remix of Darth + Anakin's voice when the helmet is smushed was dope.

Buck Turgidson and Invisible Fan like this.
  18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Show needs a fan edit with about 90% less Leah to make it great. Make it so, nerds.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

[​IMG]

Yung-T likes this.
  20. PhiSlammaJamma

There are enough fights that are finished to the death that when they don't, it's kinda soupy. And they had a lot of those.

The first Jedi Gets away
    Owen gets away sort of
    Obi gets away.
    Obi Gets away again.
    Vader Gets sway.
    Reva Gets away
    Reva gets away
    Inquisitor gets away
    Leiah gets away
    Leiah gets away
    Leiah gets away
    Luke gets away

This was in 6 episodes. Now I know they all have to live which is a catch. But it's in ludicrous mode. They would have been better off just putting them in uncomfortable situations to see how they react,

tinman likes this.