1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jabari Smith?! Rockets may have the best player in the draft

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lachard Binkley, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I believe that he will be.

BHannes2BHonest, jcmoon, BigM and 9 others like this.
  2. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Last 1/4 of the season he was, Going into next season, I think he is the favorite for best sophomore, especially with no C-Wood.

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

So are we to expect Mobley not to improve also?

4. i3artow i3aller

Clutch looks 10 years younger since drafting Jabari. The man's positively glowing :D:cool:

5. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Hes the best player in draft imo

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

It really wasn't meant to be offensive. I'm just F'ing happy.

I'm trying to be kind and magnanimous like @Lachard Binkley and @Clutch . :D

And fyi - I would have been happy with Paolo too. Just not F'ing happy. :)

The 3 prospects were just that close in talent, depending on which team, it could have gone either way.

7. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Yes your opinion matching up with that of the front office of the Orlando Magic, statistically one of the worst franchises for the better part of 20 years now, is definitely something to gloat about. I mean the Magic are known for their outstanding player evaluation, after all they even got future superstar Markelle Fultz on the cheap!

Hakeemtheking, BMoney and D-rock like this.
  8. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I think last year and this year are going to go down as chock full of good to great players.

It’s going to between Cade and Green for best player last year. Mobley and Barnes are great but they will never be top 5 lead you to a chip players like LeBron, Curry, Kawhi, and Giannis have been this decade. Cade and Green could get there due to their ability to take over a game.

This draft Ivey and Banchero are the possible top 5 eventual guys. Smith’s ceiling is Bosh who couldn’t win without LeBron. It’s possible he could become Durant with even better defense but that’s a big stretch. Chet who the hell knows. His ceiling is through the roof but doubtful he gets there.

With Banchero you had your two stars with Smith he might become a star or he might become your third best guy like Rashard Lewis. Smith might end up the best but odds are Paolo should be the best in a few years.

Jontro likes this.
  9. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Love the Hardisty. I think I’d actually allow him to buy me a beer next time I’m in the H.

Invisible Fan, Nook and D-rock like this.
  10. leebigez

You must didn't watch the games last year

11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Clearly watched the games. From late January to end of season JG was best player in draft.

crose and cbass like this.
  12. VoR

VoR Member

Garnett was the same way. Takes time.

13. Spooner

Spooner Member

The Magic didn’t draft Fultz they traded nothing for him and he’s an asset now. The Magic are now headed by John Hammond the same guy who picked Giannis and laid the foundation for the Bucks. Regardless, we don’t know how other teams valued the picks. We only know Orlando’s opinion and possibly Houston’s although I wouldn’t bet on that intel.

Invisible Fan and Yung-T like this.
  14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Jabari mom kinda holding...

houston19519, Nook and Denovo like this.
  15. Spooner

Spooner Member

I genuinely hope Jabari goes off on the Magic. He gets the opportunity with his first summer league game. Make no mistake I am from this point on rooting for Jabari. I hope he completely locks up Paolo.

I will say, the fit is really ideal and gives us a chance to see how good Sengun can become.
    He’s also a really safe pick.

I’m really glad we got Eason as well. It feels like there is more of a foundation in place. Those guys and Christopher and Garuba maturing together is a good amount of talent on defense.

I kind of felt a sense of relief when we got Jabari because it means we don’t have to potentially make any major changes. I think the biggest winner in all of this is Sengun.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

And Green benefits big too.

I really think everyone underestimating how much Jabari widens the driving lanes.

Rockets basketball is going to be fun again!

cmoak1982, BHannes2BHonest and Denovo like this.
  17. leebigez

So Mobley ows and dws doesn't mean anything? Neither does his 15ppg 8rebs and 2 blks on 50% either right?

18. leebigez

When teams close on him, he's going have problems. Not to mention, he didn't shoot that well overrall from the fuel. When you shoot 40% from the floor in college, thats alarming to me honestly. If you shoot 42% from deep, how are you not shooting 50% or better overall from the field.

D-rock likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm going to wait and see.

I should have been more patient with Green honestly but like you regarding Jabari I doubted Green could improve his 3ball, protect his dribble or finish vs NBA players.

He did all 3 by mid season.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  20. MultipleSauces

Sengun smithjr Eason frontcourt with scoot and thrilla backcourt will be bussin