1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Stephen Silas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by prodigy08, Jan 12, 2021.

1. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

you're gonna be pissed.

2. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Some posters have very low IQs on this board. Stone to Silas….”Play Gordon, Wood, Schroder, KPJ and very little Christopher, Sengun (not enough), KMJ,Nix etc. because we want you lose games and have an embarrassingly bad record and teach our young guys to have a losing mentality”

aaquaa likes this.
  3. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

……”also we’ll give you a 300k bonus if you fake cry after losing 20 games in a row. Don’t worry about never getting another head coaching job in the league, you can brag to all your friends that you played the fool to get us better odds in the lottery”.

BallSoHarden and aaquaa like this.
  4. PhiSlammaJamma

Jabari is a game changer. If it had been Banchero we would still probably be the worst team in the league for a few years and Silas could not really be blamed. However, Jabari is that guy in my mind who is a winner. So I don't know what will happen next year, but within two years the Rockets should be pushing .500. What that means is that Silas has to prove himself to both Green and Jabari that he can get the job done by the end of 2024. He has the talent now to be .500 by then, Regardless of what the GM does, so two years to put up, or we roll in a new direction in 2024-25.

D-rock likes this.
  5. SoupTent3

SoupTent3 Member

Nope!! It’s not too soon. He needs to be fired now. This roster is too talented for us to continue to lose games. The losing has gone past ridiculous. He may be a good assistant some where in the league, but he’s no head coach material. I’m sorry to say this because he’s really a nice guy. He just can’t coach or can’t coach these group of players. The fans including myself is getting fed up with this losing culture that we are establishing here unfortunately. I understand that rebuilding takes time, but we also need to see some wins as well so we can actually see some improvements in whatever he’s trying to do with these players. It’s just not enough and our patience is getting thin. It’s just time for Silas to go and for us as an organization to get someone in here that can coach and get these players on the right track. Continually losing is just not an option.

6. Bo6

Bo6 Member

[​IMG]

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i am ok with losing if players play the right way and are working on their game/s, give effort and strive to excel at team basketball...
    if the hard work and talent is rewarded and utilized...which doesnt seem to be the case...not even remotely...

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Not yet. The coach taking his place will only be a lame duck. Wait till the season is over

9. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

If the new coach is a lame duck and we continue to suck, it won’t hurt our chances at Wemby. If the new coach drastically improves our record, it would do wonders for our young guys’ development. Frankly, I don’t see any value in retaining Silas. We need some changes NOW.

albuster and hakeem94 like this.
  10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Interim coach from within, who knows they could inspire the team to improve

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Problem is I don’t see any way they don’t promote Hollins or Lucas instead of Abdelfattah.

That means if they improve even a little bit Stone will be forced to offer the job to two has been coaches instead of the up and comer.

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

fire him anyway!

clutchdabear, ashleyem and DreamShook like this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Fire the staff and let Abdelfattah chose his.

14. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Lol so does this mean that Silas can be blamed now?

15. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

The risk that concerns me w Lucas is if he fails as a HC, they are not going to just demote him easily and everything be fine, he is incredible at his job, maybe one of the best in the league, to lose him completely after a failed HC stint will hurt. He is one of the only ppl left from the previous regime in which the Rockets were a more respectable franchise.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

we gotta stop saying silas is a nice guy. he is hurting me watching him coach.

STOP SAYING SILAS IS A NICE GUY!!! he's a villain to me.

17. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

18. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Loved Jaylen Green one on one with Kennard last night and continuously set picks for KPJ. Clippers announcers couldn’t believe we had no plays drawn for Jabrari. Only plays for KPJ…they were laughing at us.

joshuaao, hakeem94, albuster and 2 others like this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I heard that on the broadcast. they were saying how The rockets never set up Jabari and thats the reason he is struggling. It's more interesting listening to the other teams broadcast. Every broadcast has also loved sengun and love jalen green.

joshuaao, hakeem94, albuster and 4 others like this.
  20. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

It’s unbelievable that a talent like Josh Christopher gets stuck on the bench in favour of Daishen Nix. Silas is not winning and he’s not developing our guys.

DreamShook and RasaqBoi like this.