1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ideal starting lineup next season..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Phamilton82, Apr 5, 2022.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

ideally:

sengun - garuba
    ??? - KJM
    ??? - matthews
    green - Christopher
    KPJ - nix

if we get pick 1-3 I'd take chet, jabari, banchero in that order. I believe they are all 4's although chet might play some backup 5.
    if we get pick 4-6 I would select ivey, Sharpe, griffin in that order meaning KPJ, Sharpe, or griffin start at the 3 and ??? starts at the 4.

we need to package wood, gordon, Tate, BRK pick, and MIL picket either move up in the draft for a forward or trade out for a veteran forward.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. mightybosstone

I read the whole post already, and I'll respectfully disagree. Wall has never been a great shooter at any point in his career and any seasons he's shot above average have usually been exceptions to the rule. He's shot below 33% from 3 in 7 of his 10 seasons in the league and below 45% from the floor in 9 of 10 seasons. If you look at his shooting stats at every distance, he's pretty much below average everywhere except at the rim.

I don't care how many minutes Wall plays. The man is just not a very good shooter by NBA standards, and fewer minutes isn't going to suddenly change that. His offensive game is based on speed, penetration and volume, and it's pretty inefficient. Whether it's 20 minutes or 35, he's not likely to suddenly become a great shooter after a decade of being well below average.

fattz likes this.
  3. Landry's Tooth

My few notes for offseason...

Rockets are middle of the pack on offense and dead last on defense. We need an elite rim protector and an on ball defender for the backcourt...

Wood / Gordon should be available for trade but only for the proper value they are worth.

Under virtually no circumstances do we trade Wall or buyout. His contract is too important to facilitate either a trade for a star or as cap space after the season. We can trade him for other expiring contracts but no long term money. He's being paid a lot of money to be understanding of his situation...

I wouldn't have a problem picking up older players in trade depending who it is and what we give up... i would move Wall and the high lotto pick even for the right superstar under 30...

4. Tmac1Yao11

Tmac1Yao11 Member

Sengun
    Chet/Jabari
    KJ
    Green
    TyTy/JC

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wood
    Gordon