1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The first official "the McGrady trade sucks" thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by A-Train, Jun 29, 2004.

1. kazo

kazo Member

Sorry but a bench consisting of Pike, Nachbar, Mark Jackson, Clarence Weatherspoon, Adrian Griffin, Mo Taylor, and Reece Gaines doesn't exactly strike fear in me. We have no back up center and we have Lue at the PG spot for now. Jim Jackson will most likely start at SF so that takes him off the bench list.

MoT and Howard are clones of each other IMO, neither plays defense nor rebounds very well and with weak rebounding Yao I see us getting killed on the glass.

I like McGrady but I don't like the trade. Seems to me this trade was made to put people in the stands not quality winning basketball on the court.

I'm patient though but I think we take a step back this season and start our upward swing after that.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Welcome back!

3. caphorns

caphorns Member

kazo - what bench strength did we lose exactly? not sure I get your point. here let me help

TMAC > Steve
    JHoward > Cat
    Lue & Gaines > Cato & Horrible Contract

So why are we getting worse?

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

You know, you could at least post in the Hangout. I don't think that was part of the bet was it?

You're missing all the typical summer threads. Classics like proper wiping technique, peeing in the shower, and farting.

5. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

I'm not saying that this is not a supportable point, but I certainly don't think it's a given.

6. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Since when does Yao deserve to be the first fiddle?

I understand that McGreedy hasn't shown himself to be a leader, but who has he had to lead? He's had pressure on him since he went to Orlando due to Hill's injuries and weak supporting cast. I think you'll agree that the Rockets players 1 through 12 are a good couple of steps above the Magic.

Steve had guys to take the pressure off of him from day one and he hasn't improved all that much since he came into the league. Plus he's much bigger headcase who needs to be coddled way too much.

I'll take Yao and McGreedy over Yao and Francis every day of the week.

7. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I used to look forward to posts from A-Train. Bummer.

8. caphorns

caphorns Member

MacBeth - you're right. But purely from a numbers perspective, he's a bigger impact player. I don't know how to compare defensive skills. Personally, I'm not high on Cat's defense, although I'd give him an A for effort.

Whatever your take on that part of the deal, it's still not an even trade. The Rockets got more overall value.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Steve had guys to take pressure off him? A broken down Olajuwon and a one legged Barkley? Or are you referring to Walt Williams? Pig Miller? Shandon Anderson?

I'll take Yao and Tracy over Yao and Steve too, but come on.

10. DFW_Rockets_Fan

DFW_Rockets_Fan Contributing Member

A-train - He may be a grouch, but he is our grouch. Welcome back. Sort of

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I couldn't disagree more with this thread. This should be a day we rejoice over the fact that we are no longer average. We are elite. We have the most talented combo in the league. If we surround them properly, no one will be able to handel what we can do.

12. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

what the heck, have no meetings today..... and bosses are away.... surely some shots of whisky in the coffee are ok at 9 in the morning... need something for this depression

13. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Really? I use to, until he turned into a roaring hate machine. I guess it's funny when he does it somehow, but after the 1000th "the rockets suck" post I kind of started getting tired of his shtick.
    I remember when he went off on ZRB with a big "F(*& You ZRB!"
    after a Rockets loss in that horrible 01-02 season. Now he's a worse version than ZRB ever was. My how things have changed.

14. declan32001

declan32001 Member

from Jeff:
    Ah c'mon man, even if A-Train was making arguments he legitamely believes this was bush league for someone with his ability.

But I did crack up, I just he'd been more vicious. Dude's rusty. :D

15. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Good to hear from you, A-Train. Go back into your cave and let us watch McGrady run w/ Yao and kick some ass in the West.

16. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

good to hear from you again AT....

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Terrible post by A-Train...

1) The BabyTrain factor: If you thought Yao only fans were whiners, you haven't seen anything yet. BabyTrain is a whiner to the core, the pinnacle being that whole "The Rocket suck, I'm leaving" BS he pulled when the Rockets were on the road to making the playoffs. Sack up and take some responsibility!

2) He'll hinder Clutch BBS development: Wasn't the idea for smart posters to be the focal point of this forum? Not gonna happen with somebody like A-Train posting horrible garbage. Doc Rocket is going to end up being ignored in a forum full of A-Train flame threads. A-Train hasn't exactly proven himself to be a decent poster, and his post game will suffer as a result of the Rockets proving him wrong. Trust me, A-Train will not play second fiddle to better posters.

3) A-Train's heart is lacking: If not proven by the fiasco mentioned above, BabyTrain isn't exactly a "first one to read, last one to post" type of guy. He's well known for half-assing it in the Hangout and in the NBA Dish.

4) He has a bad back: Ask any guy who works in a cubicle past or present who's had a back problem and they'll tell you that back problems NEVER fully go away. He even tried to use his back problems as an excuse to quit posting, saying they might force him to shutup early. He's not the type of poster that willl post through the pain, either.

5) The zone: BabyTrain was affected by the locking mods probably more than any poster in the BBS and he's not exactly the "read first" type of guy, either...

So, the BBS has just had another post by brainless, whiney look-at-me poster with a stiff back. Yay! Welcome to another 4500 post, brainless fodder season, Clutch BBS fans!

#37 Mr. Clutch, Jun 29, 2004
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2004
  18. 12345

12345 Member

lol what a great post. :D

19. Nova

Nova Member

Hahaha, welcome back A-Train, but aren't you supposed to be in exile from the board after your whole playoff ordeal? :D

Anyways, I agree in full.

20. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

LOL, now THAT was funny. :D