1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BREAKING! Paolo Banchero Now the Betting Favorite to go No.1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Jun 23, 2022.

1. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I’ve already got a few bangers set aside.

Deckard and steddinotayto like this.
  2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

As of 3 hours ago Woj reported that Paolo is a lock to go to Houston at 3. I wouldn't bet against Woj intel.

Amel, D-rock, Dacamel and 6 others like this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, that would seem they got played, but if they really believe in Paulo as THE GUY and he turns out to be, they were right.

DD

4. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

Stone shouldn’t overthink this, just take whichever of the 3 is left over and move it along…

5. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

So betting, like the stock market, is about timing and/or truth and accuracy. Some need the rush, I guess..

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

add in luck which is a huge part of it. and yes its also an adrenaline rush but the opportunity of making money isn't a bad thing. You just have to also accept losing is also part of it which not everyone can handle

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

We've been using ball movement? Still seems like a bastardized D'Antoni offense to me except that we have like 1 or 2 good passers. This team doesnt even know how to execute a proper entry pass into the post. GS plays beautiful ball mainly because they are staffed for that style. Spurs have not had any tier 1 players in how long? Dejounta Murray starts breaking out and now Im reading Spurs are looking to move him possibly? Some self inflicted suffering going on down I-10, but stars DO run this game. Go find as many of those as you can. Good players will make it work.

Bully ball has its place no doubt. Game defining moments having one or two bucket getters who can involve others is the way to go, but not for entire games/seasons IMO.

8. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Spurs want to tank next year Tony parker owns the team that Victor Wembanyama plays for, Spurs 100% hit up tony asking him about how good Victor is and he most likely told them he is worth tanking for could also be why Victor has not played as much last year to avoid him getting injured.

cdastros likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I just find it confusing how the Las Vegas gaming commission allows wagering on what could be considered a 'fixed' result... whats to stop the owner of Orando from laying 100billion dollars on the result - that he controls....? I mean alright, maybe he's gotta run his wager through 3rd parties or whatever... but still... its a fixed result...

sidenote - in general 'prop bets' are not known... they dont know the result of the coin flip in the Superbowl... now if they're betting on what color gatorade will be spilled on the victor - that requires collusion - since its uncertain who the winner will be... teams could conspire and both use orange gatorade - to lock in the result... but now yer talking about 2 teams conspiring - and opening the possibilities that their shenanigans will be detected...

#230 kjayp, Jun 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    peleincubus likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Amel, mario_v, Yung-T and 14 others like this.
  12. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

That is exactly what the NBA wanted... Drama. All over betting odds. Smith 1 Chet 2 Banchero 3 book it and make millions.

Dacamel likes this.
  13. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Vegas knows-

14. Sen89

Sen89 Member

As he enters his prime, I expect Jalen to be averaging 26-28ppg/5/5, on good efficiency with decent defense (say around 2026, since he'll be 24, around where Tatum/Brown were this year)

How I expect the Top-3 to be doing in 4 years on the Rockets (as they enter their primes), assuming our team develops well together:

- Chet to be 16-18ppg, 10rpg, 3apg, 2.5-3bpg; high-efficiency; elite help defender, solid 1-on-1 defender
    - Jabari to be 20ppg, 6-7rpg, 1 spg/bpg; high-volume 40% 3pt shooting; great switchability on D
    - Paolo to be 23ppg+, 8-9rpg, 5-6apg; better efficiency than in CBB (more space to move); decent/improved D

Give me Paolo as Jalen's #1b or #2. I think I'd rather have a very good #2 (who complements our #1 well, and can also be the #1 when needed) than someone who's an elite #3 or #4 option (Jabari/Chet). I know the latter two are better defenders, but it's easier to fill the rest of the roster out with low-USG shooters/defenders than it is to find a legitimate 2nd offensive cornerstone to pair with Jalen.

But that being said, I don't want to trade up for the 1st pick, because I'll happily take whoever's left at #3 without giving up additional assets -- and I do think Chet/Jabari do fit here well at the end of the day.

J_Hunter_1977, Dacamel and Zen Tabak like this.
  15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This. This is an odd year where either of the top 3 guys are legit number one overall picks. Just sit tight and take one

D-rock, palmsnbananas and xaos like this.
  16. i3artow i3aller

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That image is so weird. Made me think of this post of yours from last year.

jiggyfly, Easy, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  18. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Or vice versa if Chet busts and Jabari/Paolo become superstars. :D

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

It looks like a wax museum display.

Deckard and i3artow i3aller like this.
  20. AXG

AXG Member

OKC could try to screw over Houston by taking Paolo.