1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

yankees fan

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Armyvet2017, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Armyvet2017

Armyvet2017 Member

hello all. i just wanted to let you know that not all Yankee fans are assholes. i have been reading this board for years and finally decided to join so that i can talk sports with all of you. i am looking forward to this series with the astros. i am real curious on how we will match up. i have not seen this good of a Yankees team since 98. i hope to continue talking with you all, and hopefully change some of the bad blood about yankee fans. here is to a great series!

vince, rpr52121, Baba Booey and 24 others like this.
  2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Appreciate you joining and contributing! I've enjoyed how this rivalry has grown over the few years. Even up to the GM/owner level. That kind of conflict is fun, just as long as fans (from either side) don't take it too far and hurt people or cross the line. May the best team win!

cmoak1982 likes this.
  3. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

I have a feeling this will be a playoff series this year. Your Yankees look good but can they dethrone the Stros? Hopefully not.

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Appreciate the cordial post, unfortunately there’s a bad taste in most Astros fans mouth from the hypocrisy of Yankee fans and the media backing.
    Y’all look good this year, really good. Stros haven’t hit their stride offensively yet but the pitching is solid.
    Should be a fun series and more than likely a playoff series (where hopefully we continue owning you guys) lol

King1 and Htown Legend like this.
  5. Armyvet2017

Armyvet2017 Member

its gonna be a great series. and i hope i can maybe change some of the bad vibes about yankee fans. LOL

raining threes, King1 and cmoak1982 like this.
  6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Not sure if the original poster is legit... only because true Yankees fans know this current team is nowhere close to the 1998 team in terms of overall ability, and nobody would ever mention the two teams in the same light.

The Yankees have a very good record. And yet there's nothing to suggest as to why they're automatic locks to advance in any given playoff round, yet alone for sure win it all. Suprisingly, they actually have zero championship pedigree... and have a roster of players who have failed on the big stage more often than succeeded.

7. BlindHog

BlindHog Member

Perhaps you should be talking to yankee fans about their atrocious behavior towards the Astros players. We do have a few things in common as baseball fans. The main difference between us is yankee fans are manner-less to the point of being offensive to Texans.
    You are welcome here but be forewarned, manners are an important part of our culture. We will overlook unfamiliarity with that fact from a newcomer for a while, but only for a while.

#7 BlindHog, Jun 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
  8. Armyvet2017

Armyvet2017 Member

yes, i am a legit Yankee fan. this team this year is very similar to the 98 team. right now they are pace to have close to the same amount of wins the the 98 team did that year with 120. this team has the same relentless line up as the 98 team did. i am not saying the players we have now are anything close to that 98 team, but we have play makers. we have tightened up defensively behind the plate. and IKF has been great at SS. i think this series is going to come down to the starting pitching and the bull pens.

9. Armyvet2017

Armyvet2017 Member

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  10. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I don't think the poster is trolling. He's been completely respectful

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

record wise, sure. But C'mon... just look at the pedigree the 98 team had both in the lineup and the rotation, and then compare it to this years' team.

The 1998 Yankees are one of the best teams in MLB history, compounded by the fact that they did win it all (and breezed through that playoffs in convincing fashion), but they also had guys with championship experience.

Maybe if this team does the same post-season stomping, it will have a chance to live up there... but there's a ton of season left and regular season W-L performances tend to get forgotten if the team doesn't win the title (like the 2018 Astros).

#11 Nick, Jun 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    J_Hunter_1977 likes this.
  12. Armyvet2017

Armyvet2017 Member

I agree with 100 percent. What I can say is that I am getting a certain vibe off of this team that ihave not felt in quite some time. I will say that if they stay hot all season and don't win the ws, the whole season is a failure. Just ask the 01 mariners

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Its such a fickle sport. I look at the Yankees this year and don't see that much of a difference between the last few years... maybe better health, maybe the other division teams took a slight step back, maybe just blind luck.

IKF and getting rid of Gary Sanchez/Urshella can't be the difference between WC team and potentially greatest regular season record of all-time, can it?

Will still come down to whether or not the rotation can hold up all year... and how they configure the bullpen with or without Chapman. I actually don't think their bullpen is as good as some of the past Yankees playoff teams. Green/Kahnle/Ottavino/Britton/Betances... no more. They just haven't had to rely on the bullpen all that much with the number of lopsided games.

14. Armyvet2017

Armyvet2017 Member

I think it will come down to the health of the team, and pitching down the stretch. But the addition of Rizzo was a great upgrade.

15. Armyvet2017

Armyvet2017 Member

Now unfortantly the fans tonight are going to down right nasty. Just don't take it out on me. I live in florida. Lol

16. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Boo this man! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

But seriously, welcome to the board! There are a few other posters here who are Yankees fans (in addition to being Rockets fans) as well and they will definitely be glad to extend a welcome to you.

King1 and cmoak1982 like this.
  17. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

**** the Yankees and their spoiled brat payroll that again won’t get them to the world series.

Tfor3, Salvy, Dgn1 and 1 other person like this.
  18. HTown2017Champs

Welcome Armyvet2017! First off, thank you for your service to our great country! Second, from a Yankees fan perspective, what would you say your team’s biggest holes are? As an Astros fan, I believe 1B and CF are the biggest holes offensively. Pitching-wise I feel the rotation is solid but not spectacular (and very inconsistent), and could be upgraded if one could be made. I love the trade deadline and look forward to it every year, so that will be exciting.

Nice to have you here, and here’s to an exciting and entertaining by series between two very talented teams!

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yankees, Yankees fans, New York

[​IMG]

Squirtle, Tfor3, Salvy and 2 others like this.
  20. Armyvet2017

Armyvet2017 Member