1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BREAKING! Paolo Banchero Now the Betting Favorite to go No.1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Rockets trading up?

2. kpdark

kpdark Member

Really interesting..

Rudyc281 and burlesk like this.
  3. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Rockets getting Chet or Jabari!! Let’s gooooll

4. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

This is wild. The Magic starting rumors to try to get the Rockets to trade up? The possibility also exists that the Rockets have been hyping Banchero for weeks hoping OKC or the Magic have 2nd thoughts and that plan is starting to work? I still say Banchero to the Rockets but nothing would surprise me at this point.

Amel, 34to11, UTSA2step and 7 others like this.
  5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

If it's based on real info and not just bettors pulling shenanigans, then it's got to be a trade.

VoR, tycoonchip, Ramo$e and 22 others like this.
  6. TimDuncanDonaut

They're trying to up the action on betting. Save your money. Gas is expensive.

Amel, wlekfjv923n, Tuckmose and 17 others like this.
  7. thekad

thekad Member

Another CP3 + assets for Westbrook trade. Same guy pulling the strings.

ilias, Rudyc281, TheJuice and 2 others like this.
  8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

If the Rockets trade up to #1 to take Paolo, I'm not going to be happy.

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Can you elaborate? Other than the rumors of Banchero not showing up to the Magic's workouts, is there a reason they wouldn't consider taking him #1?

Also, with the shortcomings that you listed in your article for example, why would (presumably) the rockets trade enough to move to #1 for Paolo?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It'd be shooting yourself in the foot to keep from walking.

11. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

If we trade up to get Paola number 1 and just give up the 17th i would be ok with that … if the rockets feel he is the best player in the draft I trust the scouting .. they have proved it! Also don’t forget we still have assets to trade and get another pick! Jabari would be amazing too tho lol

Amel and BigShasta like this.
  12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I hope it's somebody else trading up.

Ultimately I will support whoever is wearing our colors, but if we pass on the other 2 and take Paolo I'm gonna be salty for a while.

Doesn't mean I'm gonna act like the Jalen Green haters.

13. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Friend of mine showed me he’s -130 in Vegas at Caesar’s.

Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  14. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Because unless they've pulled an incredible misinformation campaign, all the buzz has been that Jabari Smith Jr. is their guy. It would seem incredibly shocking if they turned around and took Paolo.

That's why if this betting movement is based on any real info -- and that's a big "if" right now -- then I think I has to be a trade.

Because it's possible the leaks/info plants are true and the Rockets have Paolo #1 (I have him third, but that doesn't mean they do). I don't have any idea, but it's possible... and if they do, maybe OKC spooked them or some other trade possibility did and they feel the need to trade up. It seems completely unnecessary but that's possible.

This is all speculation at this point.

15. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I always believed Paolo would be the best fit for the Magic. They desperately need someone, that can create shots and take over games. Right now that’s neither Smith nor Chet. Their best bet is Paolo.

They also have Mo Bamba, a rim protector that can hit threes and Franz Wagner, a forward that can defend, hit threes and slash to the basket. What they are missing is a player like Paolo.

I would be bummed out if we are missing out on Paolo - but if we get any of the three it is a win. So I definitely wouldn’t trade up.

xaos, Madmanmetz, UTSA2step and 5 others like this.
  16. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm perfectly happy with Paolo at 3...but paying to take him at 1 is no bueno.

17. TheSource

TheSource Member

18. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Nothing in the past three years has given me the impression that Stone is a chump. This franchise has made one “chump” move since 2006 and that was the CP3 for WB trade.

so if this rumor is true, I’m gonna pin it on Orlando changing their minds, rather than Houston panicking last minute and selling the farm to move up for Paolo. But it doesn’t matter what I think, I can only hope at this point. Banchero fits well with Green and Garuba but not Sengun. Whereas Chet and Jabari fit like a glove with Sengun and Green both.

19. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

That's exactly it. I made peace with that being the #3 but taking Paolo over Jabari and Chet is another story. But then again, the Rockets couldn't make the trade if they had their choice. It has to be contingent on them taking Paolo.

Again, just speculating if it actually was a trade with Houston.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Thank you! I wanted them to take Paolo at 3, but if they actually had the chance to move up to 1, I hoped it would be for Smith.

I guess we'll see soon enough.

D-rock likes this.