1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stone, why now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hlmbasketball, Jun 22, 2022.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

notice how this notion of Stone tipping or playing his hand prematurely didn’t even exist when the Wood deal was made

but because some dude named Jeremy Woo said yesterday on Twitter that the Rockets tipped their hand, now we get this nonsensical thread

OP is a sheep…stop being manipulated and played by the media so easily

YOLO likes this.
  2. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Then you have no shooting in your frontcourt. So the paint will be clogged and Green and KPJ will be forced to shoot from outside

3. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

You should know by now, I don't follow anyone. I just see what's in front of me and what I see is Stone playing his hand.

Why make a move when you don't have to? Why let other teams know what you are doing? The trade can not be finalized until draft night.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

clearly you have no idea Chet can shoot and fairly well already. That's why he can fit next to any type of frontcourt player

D-rock and KingSamJack like this.
  5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

looks like OP is part of the "Chet reminds me of Shawn Bradley" crowd

D-rock, KingSamJack and YOLO like this.
  6. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

They spent a year trying to shop Christian Wood for a first without taking bad salary back. They did the right thing by jumping on it as soon as they got an offer, before Dallas got cold feet

red5rocket and Dacamel like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

Who are u trying to fool?

from Mr. Woo yesterday…

then all of the sudden a thread from u with the same nonsensical notion

Wood trade happened days ago, but this thread doesn’t pop up until after some dude named Jeremy Woo says the Rockets are tipping their hand

the least u could do is cite Woo if you’re gonna steal his idea…

Invisible Fan, FLASH21 and YOLO like this.
  8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Man put some respek on Woods name!!

9. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

The point I'm making is, before the trade it was 1) Smith, 2) Chet and 3) Banchero. After the trade we are now hearing more talk of Banchero #1, which is the player the Rockets have honed in on, the player I think fits best with Sengun.

Now Orlando and OKC are trying to get the Rockets to move up to get their player. Had they waited it wouldn't have been an issue.

10. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

We are getting a big no matter what. If Chet falls to 3rd we are still good. Houston is the fattest city in the country. Chet will gain a good 25 pounds on Tex-Mex alone this offseason. His defense will go a long way with JG and Sengun being more offensive players. I am more then happy with any of the top 3 prospects.

D-rock likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

"I don't follow anyone"
    [​IMG]

12. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

No thanks, he sucks

YOLO likes this.
  13. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Like I said, I don't follow anyone. However if someone else is seeing the same thing I am, then it's no longer a secret.

All I'm saying is, it would've been wise to WAIT until draft night to reveal your plan. It's GM 101

14. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly.

15. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Wood being on or off the roster has no impact on who gets drafted. Who cares if he was traded before or after? He’s irrelevant

Invisible Fan and YOLO like this.
  16. Milos

Milos Member

Maybe to mitigate the 'negative culture's rumors predraft to make your organization seem more appealing to potential picks?

Aruba77 likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Couple of things,

1. Chet can shoot.

2. If the paint is clogged, KPJ was the best catch and shoot 3 point shooter among starters in the NBA last year and Green is becoming more respectable.... them shooting 3's is not a problem.

3. With Chet, Sengun, and KPJ you have 3 plus passers, so ball movement should lead to open loss.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

man, just stop…u saw what Jeremy Woo said and followed like a sheep

it’s clear as day

this is so dumb…yeah, Rockets wanting 1 of the top 3 bigs just like Orlando and OKC do is supposed to be some top secret thing…this thread is pure nonsense

YOLO likes this.
  19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Obviously everybody on here already addressed the fact that all 3 top draft prospects are big men, so the argument doesn't really make any sense. But also, I'm so thankful that Stone pulled the trigger when he did because the big man market is about to be flooded with the likes of Richaun Holmes, DeAndre Ayton, Clint Capela, etc. Wood would have just been another name added to that list of 8-9 guys, which would have further watered down the trade market for him.

Invisible Fan, steddinotayto and YOLO like this.
  20. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Do you believe that Orlando or OKC is going to take a player who isn't the highest available on their board just because Houston wants them? They'd be idiots to do that.

Are you under the impression that Banchero is at the top of the Rockets board? I don't believe that's true. I think they're comfortable drafting him if he's the last guy remaining of the top 3 but if we were sitting at #1 or #2, I don't think Banchero is our pick.

Why do you believe that Banchero fits best with Sengun? It's exactly the opposite. Of the top 3, he's the worst fit with Sengun. The big question that everyone has pointed to is can we get by defensively with both Banchero and Sengun on the floor. Smith's defense and 3 point shooting is a much better fit with Sengun. Chet is an amazing fit with Sengun as he provides the stellar defense and he can play inside or outside. If I'm ranking the top 3 based solely on their fit with Sengun then its 1) Chet 2) Smith 3) Banchero.

Houston is going to sit at 3 and take whichever of the big 3 who is left. They will happily take Paolo but if Chet or Jabari are there instead then they will say "thank you" and draft them as fast as possible.

D-rock, slothy420, Reeko and 4 others like this.