1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Building around Paolo and liking it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, May 21, 2022.

1. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

Trust the people who put real money on the line. Paolo is coming to the Rockets.

D-rock and Fulgore like this.
  2. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Almost looks like CGI tbh, my brain almost doesn't want to believe that somebody that long can move like that haha.

D-rock and Bo6 like this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

is this where we go now to learn moar about the leak?

D-rock likes this.
  4. Student Loan

Student Loan Member

I think Thunder going to surprise y'all and take Banchero.

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Thats kind of funny. We had some blowhards here that were chest pounding about "well why dont you just put some money down on Banchero then because Vegas is never wrong yada yada yada"

The Orlando GM being all weird and discreet about who worked out for them is strange. Jabari's workout was very public wasnt it?

How much needs to be made about Chet Holmgren not taking part in the NBA heart screening and not granting teams access to his medical records in general?

D-rock and cheke64 like this.
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think Orlando is going to surprise people and take Banchero. I've said it all along that after watching him at Duke all last year there's no doubt in my mind that he's going to be the rookie of the year even if he's ultimately not a great NBA player in the long run. That's just too enticing to a team that has a need to be relevant fast. I think Orlando is going to convince themselves into Banchero and take him.

The Rockets should be prepared, and should be excited to take either Chet or Jabari along with Paolo. There's alot to be excited about with all three players for different reasons... but I think Banchero is the rookie of the year for the 2022/23 season and so whoever gets him is likely going to be immediately labeled as one of those young fun teams to watch... (that can't guard anyone)...

Easy likes this.
  7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Here go Paolo lying about his height again!! What is it with this guy!? :rolleyes:

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. Rokman

Rokman Member

That, or there are other teams making amazing offers to Orlando and OKC to move up to get Paolo and now we are competing against a ton of other teams to get him. I think that's what's really going on.

10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Again why are we posting alves? It’s like posting one of our tweets on here. Dude has no knowledge and is sensitive as heck lol

D-rock likes this.
  11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Duke vs Gonzaga | 2021.11.26 | NCAAB Game - YouTube

First 20 minutes is all I needed to watch. Pao locks up Timme and Chet and goes off for 20 points in the first 18 mins. Are you kidding me? these nerds telling he can't play the 5.

This is all while having some ballhogging teammates. I saw many times Pao had his man pinned down in the paint only to get overlooked.

#1771 cheke64, Jun 21, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

He just got it from bleacher report. From Jake Fischer who’s one of the more reliable insiders; it’s not alves own opinion

coachbadlee likes this.
  13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

So are we NOT going to build around Paolo and like it?

D-rock, Dacamel and Jontro like this.
  14. Jontro

Jontro Member

ranchero's leaks say we'll definitely like it

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

D-rock and Fullcourt like this.
  16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Banchero may go number 1. You never know as a lot of mock drafts have him at 1.

Not sure why Orlando is being coy - they pick first so no reason for them to keep their cards tight to their chest unless they are really not sure.

My only hope is that we don't get stuck with Chet. I think the NBA is waking up to how his length of strength is going to be a major issue in the NBA.

Dobbizzle, D-rock and peleincubus like this.
  17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I am not sure he will be that injury prone as we think:

[Sports Illustrated] “'Typically, our models don’t like big guys,' says Eric Leidersdorf, P3’s director of biomechanics. But they loved Holmgren."

D-rock and cmoak1982 like this.
  18. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I think they're going Jabari. They are trying to get the Rockets to panic and trade up for Banchero.

cmlmel77 and JayGoogle like this.
  19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The reason is Orlando is trying to hustle someone for assets.

"We might take Paolo....we just might!" If they can get the Rockets to move up for a future pick, nab a prospect, whatever, and still get their guy at 3 then its all gravy for them.

Orlando being sneaky might mean they know the Rockets or even OKC has fallen in love with Paolo. Maybe one of these teams thinks he's a true franchise player that will one day be a top 10 player, wouldn't you give up a few assets to nab him if you believe that?

I think the Rockets should just sit where they are at. Paolo or Chet will fall to them, maybe even Jabari will if OKC favors Chet > Jabari, so just sit there and pick the best big left.

I would move up if the price isn't high, a future heavily protected pick or something, sure, but I hope we don't give up any players with potential to do so.

D-rock likes this.
  20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...mors-latest-on-paolo-banchero-jaden-ivey-more

D-rock likes this.