1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[National Review] The Dan Crenshaw Moment

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Nov 13, 2018.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Crenshaw is his own phenomenon. In Texas he is much bigger than Trump and I don't think Trump's support matters that much in Texas

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pro-Ukraine military aid
    Said 2020 election was NOT stolen

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I don't understand or really care about the point you're trying to make. You wondered why Carlson isn't getting the same criticism. I answered the question, the snl criticism came from snl viewers

I don't care why or why not Carlson viewers aren't doing the same.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Meanwhile at the Texas GOP Convention...

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You don't because you know the answer: that one is a liberal criticizing him and the other is a right winger and that makes it ok for you.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I don't hive a **** about either. You are the one up In arms. Arrogant jerk, please stop telling me what I'm thinking. All I said is where the snl criticism started.

Now I support Crenshaw and Carlson because I responded to YOUR uproar. Good lord.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@Sweet Lou 4 2

When thus thread started my point was you shouldn't make fun of a war injury. Carlson is saying Crenshaw is a warhawk like McCain. I don't consider it making fun o, Crenshaw is known for his eye patch but if he gets called out for it, fine I don't care.

The snl guy wasn't fully aware apparently of why the eye patch is worn. He became aware, the story ended

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Both were mocking Crenshaw. One gets leeway and the other didn't. I don't know how people can spin it but that's what it seems you are trying to do here.

Not looking to argue this to death or get into a back and forth. You see it your way and that's fine.

FranchiseBlade and Blatz like this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

Madison Cawthorn

FranchiseBlade, mdrowe00 and Blatz like this.
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

All I'm saying is where the snl criticism started, it started with snl fans. That's the point. I dont watch Fox News. Ass hole, I'm tired of repeating to you I'm not a Republican. Fine, he is mocking Crenshaw . SNL is still bigger than Carlson so while I'll agree it's mocking and it should be called out, my initial response to your uproar still remains true, nobody cares about Carlson. Fox News does **** everyday being who they are that should get called out but the rest of the world has come to accept Foxas a Republican entity governed by Republicans

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

And I don't care if you are a Republican or not. I don't spend time wondering what your party affiliation is. I am debating your words, not your party affiliation.

If disagreeing with you makes me an ******* that's your issue, not mine.

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

No *******, my initial response had no support of Carlson. It was an explanation of why the snl story was big. Go back and read it and stfu

You started with the I'm a Carlson supporter ish. Then you back up from your assholishness or just forget

You make it so hard to be civil.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@Sweet Lou 4 2

You wondered a few months ago why I keep bringing up the New Yorker stupidity. You haven't changed. You're an arrogant jerk whoo tells people what they are thinking when they are telling you what they are thinking. What's worse is you're just lashing out at disagreement. I wasn't even disagreeing, just explaining why the snl story was bigger

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

What exactly did I say to you that's lashing out at you? I'm honestly just really curious.

Do you think that perhaps you are reading meaning into my text that's not actually there?

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

It was your second response to me. I didn't understand what your first response meant exactly. I said I don't care I'm just explaining why the snl snl story was big I don't care why Carlson isn't. You responded that I didn't care because he is a right winger as if I support right wingers

I would like to overlook your projecting of my hidden thoughts as if I have a reason to hide something from you. I post stuff all the time people disagree with, mainly on topics about Blacks. But even more pertinent is I told you I'm not a Republican. I don't watch or care about Fox and I don't understand what's so important about it to you. I understand you are trying to point out hypocrisy but as big as Fox News is to Republicans, people have come to accept it has an audience and it really doesn't matter what others outside think.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Ok, so it pissed you off that I implied you might be a right winger. You're right, looking back, I did imply that but I hardly think that's "lashing out." Still point taken.

Just note, this idea of people "assuming" what you think or "reading your mind" - you are very guilty of the same thing on many many occasions. So hopefully you stay vigilant on your own assumptions as you do on others.

pgabriel likes this.
  17. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I partially agree. Trump does matter in Texas in the sense that every republican primary winner touted that the were big Trump guys as part of their campaign, including Crenshaw.

pgabriel likes this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Exactly. Trump matters in the sense that none have explicitly opposed him or called him out.

It's also why Cruz bootlicks every word that comes out of Trump's orifice without being considered a trumper.

#78 Invisible Fan, Jun 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
    Andre0087 and mdrowe00 like this.
  19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When SNL did it, it made everybody feel sorry for Crenshaw, gave Crenshaw a very public chance to speak, and resulted in a public debate about civility and ended with apologies.

When Tucker Carlson did it, it made people insult him to his face, scream at him, and threaten his life.

To get Biblical, "Ye shall know them by their fruits."

jiggyfly, Nook, Andre0087 and 5 others like this.
  20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

My point about Carlson is what would matter if the national media criticized him. What matters to Fox News is Fox News. The national media understands this. They don't run stories on what happens on Fox in terms of its political commentary

The media has accepted Fox as a conservative spinning news source. More pertinent, they have accepted that Fox is a separate universe as Fox wants to.be treated as such

Edit: I guess you guys are criticizing Fox News for not speaking about Carlson. I don't know how much of the criticism against snl came from Fox. I really don't know who first called out snl, I assumed it was snl viewers. It's funny people think I watch Fox. I have no idea of what goes on over there

#80 pgabriel, Jun 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2022