1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets turned down first-round pick offers for Eric Gordon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 11, 2022.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

#17 and Gordon might.

CarlosGM and Rudyc281 like this.
  2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I want to keep #17 for Eason or Jovic because I don't think Jovic makes it to #26. I think he is the most underrated player in this years draft.

pmac likes this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I was reading the BBS then, not a member, and it was pretty crazy. Ultimately tragic, but the kid had talent, for sure. We don't have a 13, of course, or a 23, but 17 is a nice spot. 17 and 26 might get us 13. 13 would be a good place to be, in my opinion. Add a one of our young players, if we don't keep it, and move up a bit more?

conquistador#11 likes this.
  5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

The Rockets want a future pick, not a 20's picks in this draft, for Eric Gordon. Same view they had at the deadline.

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i get that a future 1st rounder is preferable, and that they don’t feel like they have to trade EG, but with his age and injury history, we can’t have any confidence he’ll be healthy enough to trade at the deadline; and this is really our last shot to get value for him.

why not take #23? I get that we dont want 4 draft picks, but why not just see how the draft plays out and who calls our phone? They’ll be opportunities to trade some of those picks. This draft may not have a lot of top tier talent, but it’s pretty deep as far as good rotational player types and there’s always a few gems. I just can’t believe we can’t get 23 and expirings from Morey. And if so, we should be taking that offer. How can we expect to get more for one year of Eric Gordon?

7. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Expand the Wood trade with the Lakers:

Lakers get:
    Gordon
    Mavs filler (except Chriss)
    Nwaba

Rockets get:
    Russ
    Lakers 2027 1st rd pick
    26th pick
    Chriss

Mavs get:
    Wood

Rockets get a future pick for Gordon. Lakers get shooting and depth plus a little cap relief.

Rockets waive $94MM worth of salary lol

CarlosGM, TheJuice and joshuaao like this.
  8. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

I guess 2023 pick? I want as much draft picks as possible in that draft because Victor is the prize.

9. DaneB

DaneB Member

Why did they want a future pick for Gordon, but a pick this year for Wood?

CarlosGM likes this.
  10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Because Wood’s offers were never a first until Dallas called recently.

11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Because of how KPJ and Green ended the year they had to dish Wood. By all accounts, Gordon is a true mentor to these guys and does not have to be traded. The best they can do is a late round pick this year or next or a second or two. At some point, we will have to consolidate picks or trade a bunch of guys. Everybody talks about buying out Wall, but it might be another good gesture to do the same with Gordon, so he can sign with a contender. He has proven to be extremely professional and seems pretty content to stay and work with the youngsters.

KingSamJack, Dacamel and Zen Tabak like this.
  12. DaneB

DaneB Member

Ah. That makes sense! I’m sure we’re going to consolidate both of our picks this years draft. We just have way too many players.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

At least there were no first round pick offers that didn't come with bad contacts before Dallas recently

Dacamel likes this.