1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson to the BROWNS! Wow!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mario_v, Mar 18, 2022.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Its “Texan’s Radio” so I’d lower my expectations of the hard hitting questions. Either way you’re not getting an answer of substance and it was before Caserio’s tenure anyways.

DonnyMost and raining threes like this.
  2. raining threes

The NFLPA is bound by law to defend Watson.

I seriously doubt they put up a vigorous defense.

3. a time to chill

I understand, but they could have at least asked for his comments on the matter as the GM for the Texans to get it on record. It was a soft interview for a GM over a team that's possibly facing two lawsuits from Flores and Buzbee. My main issue is that the media is willing to look past Buzbee's allegation against the Texans, but is not giving the same courtesy to Watson and both allegations are coming from the same source - Buzbee. It's a double standard. You hear everyday people pontificating about how terrible Watson is, but no one is saying the same things about the Texans.

4. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Think NFL should just seek a 1 year suspension and be done with it. Let the PA negotiate it down to 8 games, but from a PR perspective, Goodell can say that he takes these allegations very seriously, hence the unprecedented suspension.

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

You’re not sure why Watson is getting dumped on more than the Texans in the media? Might want to ask one of the 26 women accusing him of sexual misconduct. Unless it comes out that Toro was spearing women on the side the media coverage isn’t likely to change.

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

He wouldn't answer it anyway. Lawyers for the Texans would make sure of that. Plus, Caserio was not with the Texans when this supposedly happened. He did fire the equipment manager that supplied the tables.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

The one person that knows exactly what happened is Doug Horn of the Houstonian. I’m only handing out this information to those that are looking to end this situation

10. Buck Turgidson

Uh. No. Lol.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I understand the NFLPA's position, after all, an attack on one rapist is an attack on all rapists. They just can't let that stand.

raining threes and primtim24 like this.
  13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Man I hope the Brown’s trade Baker for the sake of our pick. He is much better than people give him credit for and will keep the Brown’s competitive in the absence of Watson. Hell the Texans ought to offer a 4th for him and let him be our backup just to pump up the pick.

14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

You’re an idiot

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

Any one else really tired of the Watson saga? Settle already and move on.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  16. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

The irony here, is that Baker seems prepared to pull a complete Deshaun Watson and not play at all, unless he's traded. So I expect it's going to be the Jacoby Brissett show.

raining threes likes this.
  17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So, are you saying that Doug Horn had secret cameras set up at every one of Watson's encounters and was spying on them?

If not, then he did not know 'exactly what happened'.

There is one and only one person that knows exactly what happened and that is Watson.

solid likes this.
  18. solid

solid Contributing Member

This is the MAIN thing that so many are missing. This is a case with no physical evidence and no witnesses. It is truly a "he says, she says" case. What do you do with that? This is why two grand juries wouldn't touch it. I don't give it much of a chance in a civil court, but that is risky. If he was an average Joe, there would be no case. It is not against the law to behave inappropriately. He really needs to admit that he may have behaved inappropriately and since he offended several people he is sorry and here is a few millions dollars.

19. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

If you're considering what he was alleged to have done "behave inappropriately", then I would say that is 100% against the law. Wanting your own towel fine, jerking off and forcing oral sex not fine.

As for the civil part of this, I think he's definitely going to have to let go of a lot of money. The burden of proof is just so much lower.