1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Shai vs. Luka as the Mavericks try to even the series in OKC. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Trade Idea: Killian Hayes for KPJ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by VoR, Jun 16, 2022.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Sure.

But u been acting like green haven't been showing any signs of development b4 u made that sht comparison. Hence y folks clown on u for even thinking green might b Corey Brewer 2.0.

Literally spent half the season comparing green to Corey Brewer. Only until all star break your tune started changing. Doesn't changed the fact that it was a stupid comparison to start with hence the folks clowning.

Dobbizzle and roslolian like this.
  2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

No spooner you have very bad bbiq. KPJ was our best player last year and very good on the defensive end.

jiggyfly and cmlmel77 like this.
  3. raining threes

There's a big difference between a 6'10 guy shooting 70% and your PG shooting 70%.

leebigez and RasaqBoi like this.
  4. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

I'm one of those want to trade KPJ but not for Killian Hayes

roslolian and raining threes like this.
  5. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

I love this thread! Keep all the morons in one place so they don’t pollute the rest of the board. Now that the “Is Green too feminine?” thread fell off the homepage, we needed one of these.

Well done OP!

Dobbizzle, roslolian and D-rock like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

I guess.

But we are talking about a potential #1 scoring option are we not?

In any case, relax, it's not as bad as you think it is.

7. PatBev

PatBev Member

I think it will naturally balance itself out. Green will demand the ball the older & more confident he becomes, Paolo can play make, and Sengun is basically Jokic with the passes. KPJ will have to learn to share or he’ll probably start friction between his teammates

KPJ & Green waiting on the perimeters will be lethal. All we need is a 3&D SNIPER and we will be set

Phillyrocket and Believe It! like this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He was absolutely terrible when I said that, the fact that he improved later and started to show the development i wanted to see is something we should all be happy about. My concerns were always about what might happen if that massive improvement never happened, something that is no longer an issue..... again, we've been over this a thousand times already, let's just both accept that the concept is over your head and move on.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Dudes a scrub. Are you the burner account of KoC? Smh.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Even if Green was playing horribly he wasnt anywhere close to Corey Brewer who entered the lesgue at age 22 and averaged 7 pts his rookie season.

Nobody gives a **** about your concerns the two arent comparable at all even just looking at their ages.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

True floor general? Dude is a 27% 3 pt shooter and 45% TS.

Whatever floor generalship Hayes provides is more than taken away by his inability to shoot the ball. People gonna load up on the 4 other guys and dare him to shoot. What Hayes gonna do then? Shoot from 3 at 27%? Try to go to the lane and shoot 39%?

Worst case with KPJ cut him. Dont trade him for a broke shot scrub who is on his way out of the league. Who cares if he was a top 5 pick? A scrub is a scrub no matter ehere he was picked. Bennett was no 1 doesnt mean you trade a lotto pick for him.

12. VoR

VoR Member

This is the problem with our team. He's not the perfect modern PG. Ja Morant is the perfect modern PG. Steph Curry is the perfect modern PG. Trae Young is the perfect modern PG. Luka is the perfect modern PG.

KPJ is a malcontent who will have a DeMarcus Cousins reputation his whole career. We gave him a chance and he's too much of a net negative to build a franchise around. We got him for nothing and he has some decent trade value now. Let's focus on the positive pieces and move on. I'd like to see him do well with another team, but I doubt it is going to happen. Send him to San Antonio so that Dejounte Murray might have a positive influence on him. I'd trade him and a future first round protected for their #9, to be honest, but a straight up trade for Hayes would be more ideal, as they both have fallen but still have upside.

13. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

WTF are you talking about? He had one emotional breakdown, for which he profusely apologized. Otherwise he has been a model citizen here, stepped up massively at the end of the year - averaging 25/6/6 - and is now one of the best spot up 3P shooters in the league on a team that desperately needs outside shooting. Oh, and his ascendance paired perfectly with Jalen's, given plenty of evidence they can excel together and he would neither complain about touches nor take away from Jalen's.

But, sure, let's trade him for some rookie shooting 26% from 3.

I swear, some of you people are insane.

#53 cmlmel77, Jun 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  14. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They’re asking him to be a basketball player when he should be cleaning toilets.

steddinotayto likes this.
  15. madbomber

madbomber Rox4Life! #FreeJVG

How about Tyrese Haliburton for KPJ ? Thoughts ?

16. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

KPJ is not going anywhere. He showed steady improvement through out the 2nd half of the season and still has a year on his current deal. By all accounts, he's been in the gym, grinding it out like a pro. Still has a lot to prove, but he seems to have turned a corner. Whether or not that is true, he's been putting in the work and has earned that spot. At the very least, for another season. Excited to see it.

17. VoR

VoR Member

Dude doesn't want to be in Houston. Don't know why any of you give a poop about him.

18. VoR

VoR Member

I like him. But why would Indiana trade him?

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

None of this is based in reality though.... that's why I suggest that some weird cognitive bias is at play here.

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member