1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DOJ: Jan. 6 committee’s refusal to share transcripts ‘complicates’ investigation

https://thehill.com/regulation/cour...-share-transcripts-complicates-investigation/

excerpt:

Justice Department officials this week renewed their demands for the House Jan. 6 committee's interview transcripts, saying the panel's refusal to share its work has hindered federal prosecutors' own investigation into last year's attack on the Capitol.

Department leaders sent a letter on Wednesday to Timothy Heaphy, the Jan. 6 select committee's chief investigative counsel, expressing frustration over the panel's refusal to grant access to its trove of witness interviews, according to documents filed in federal court Thursday.

"The Select Committee's failure to grant the Department access to these transcripts complicates the Department's ability to investigate and prosecute those who engaged in criminal conduct in relation to the January 6 attack on the Capitol," the letter reads. "Accordingly, we renew our request that the Select Committee provide us with copies of the transcripts of all the interviews it has conducted to date."

The letter was signed by Kenneth Polite, the head of the DOJ's Criminal Division; Matthew Olsen, who leads the department's National Security Division; and U.S. Attorney Matthew Graves.

A select committee spokesman did not immediately respond when asked for comment.

The letter indicates a growing tension between the parallel investigations amid the select committee's series of public hearings.
    more at the link

2. Newlin

Newlin Member

Pence is looking like an American hero.

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who are you talking to?

4. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Thank God Cruz wasn't the Vice President. He would have done what Trump tried to get Pence to do.

ROCKSS likes this.
  5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Ehhhh.... he did what he was obligated to do. I'd be more impressed if he'd go public with everything he was asked to do. Offer to testify on one of the televised hearings.

mikol13, jo mama, ROCKSS and 5 others like this.
  6. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Os Trigonum

7. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I hope earthrights.org is right. As I said, I would call it protected speech. I don't agree with their analysis, especially the reliance on the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, which the US government has essentially considered non-binding from ratification.
    No, I was working. Can you post the relevant clip? I am open to having my mind changed, but some Proud Boys talking tough with an FBI informant probably wouldn't be it. If they confessed at interrogation, that would be worth something. The fact that they were within 40 feet of Pence and did nothing doesn't say much for the argument that they were trying to kill Pence.

8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

OK, proved my point. You don't watch the evidence coming forth, but instead just make BS remarks. Now I get it. You know nothing. Better inform yourself Mr. Lawyer. Until then, I'll just put you on ignore. You are too biased to carry on an honest debate with.

AleksandarN likes this.
  9. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I asked you to post the evidence and you chose not to. I have watched a lot of January 6 footage and saw none of what you are talking about. There may be more, and I am willing to see it, but some of us have jobs and can't watch TV during the day.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I just watched a yt news clip thinking I'd hear the tape recording between him and president, only for their punchline that donny called him the "p word". Just release the call :rolleyes:

ABC doin work...

P**** wants to become the p****dent

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The kind of person Trump is, he was hoping they would have killed Pence, all because Pence didnt go with his plan.

Trump is a vindictive sociopath. He would have been perfectly fine with it.

12. edwardc

edwardc Member

13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Obviously. I mean he threw the fuel on the fire and sat back and watched with glee. Vindictive indeed. But, you could see that with anyone who tried to tell him to stop the lies leading up to the coup. He couldn't stop the lying. He could never admit he lost. He still won't. The dude is a psychopath.

No Worries and Invisible Fan like this.
  14. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Why would he stop lying.... Yeah he may be a psycopath... But the main thing everyone keeps over looking is that this is more about GREED...

Trump is doing what he does best, he's entertaining... He's making millions of dollars off of this crap, so why should he stop... He's basically on tour the same as the any other entertainer...

T_Man

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  15. edwardc

edwardc Member

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What is amazing is that all of this damming evidence is coming from Trump's own inner circle including his own daughter. Pence and his team are all staunch Republicans as well.

This isn't a partisan attack or partisan witnesses.

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

why would the committee withhold witness transcripts from the DOJ and the public?

kangaroo court

18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

A psychopath with a thirst for greed and power is dangerous as hell.

19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump throughout his career has been a con man. It would be more surprising if he wasn't seeking to profit off of this.

Zboy, T_Man and FranchiseBlade like this.