1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Steph carry his own team thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jiggyfly, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

Hey @jerryclark, have you thought about your new avatar pic yet or nah?

Asian Sensation likes this.
  2. Asian Sensation

This Brooklyn/Philly/Boston fan questioning another’s Rockets fandom. Lol time time to cuck yourself and choose another AV again.

Salvy likes this.
  3. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

4. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

4 titles
    6 finals
    2 MVPS
    GOAT shooter

It's time to debate where Curry's resume/accomplishment rank in the top 10 of all-time.

#3224 blahblehblah, Jun 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
    LosPollosHermanos, Pipe and T for 3 like this.
  5. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

If he wasn't top 10 before, he's certainly top 10 now. I personally rate him above Kobe and as Duncan's equal.
    Don't think he will ever catch Lebron. Unless he wins another 2 titles so we can start doing the MJ/Steph have 6 talks..

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  6. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Congratulations Steph Curry. Hahaha

7. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Kobe has 5 wins in 7 finals appearances
    Steph has 4 wins in 6 finals appearances
    Lebron has 4 wins in 9 finals appearances

And yet Lebron is better than both?
    And Steph is better than Kobe?

Ok..

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

GREAT Finals Curry

Pipe likes this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

10. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

You still roam these threads advocating for Kobe after all these years, huh?

Yes Steph is better than Kobe (in my opinion). You're entitled to have your own opinion that Kobe's accolades and career as a player was better. When you watch the games and see a whole defence in the NBA FINALS gravitate towards a single man, leaving at least 3 others open who in their own right are damn good offensive options... yeah that to me is better than Kobe.

Lebron won his championships with 3 different cores. You can literally put anyone around Lebron and he'll most likely make it work. Getting to the NBA Finals and consistency matters.

11. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

He can't win without a high-priced import like Kevin Durant or Andrew Wiggins to carry him.

12. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

Yes, because your actual ability matters, not just total titles. That's why Robert Horry and Steve Kerr aren't in the GOAT conversation (check out their championship hardware).

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kill this dumbass thread once and for all and as @LosPollosHermanos said, NEVER EVER mention that bum in the same sentence as Wardell Stephen Curry.

“But but but his scoring titles! But but but players voted him MVP once! But but but Tilman!”

[​IMG]

You mad?

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You look at the competition the Warriors had to face in their run. They just beat a 51 win team with some very young players. Their first three titles depended on opponents having major injuries to star players. When Curry didn't have his superstars, his team wilted pretty quickly to a good but not great Toronto team.

The Warriors have to be one of the weaker dynasty standing. No one would say they were a better team than the Spurs before them. So how is it that Curry can be put that high? He's the greatest shooter in NBA history, that you give him. But does that make him one of the greatest 10 players to ever play the game?

I don't think so.

PiPdAdY33 likes this.
  15. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

When the NBA wants to push a certain star based on a trendy market (Bay Area) and play style they will do it. Makes it a lot easier when that star is actually pretty damn good and one of the (if not THE) greatest shooters of all time.

2018 will just always irk me. If the Rockets had been able to manage a championship there, I wouldn't be as salty about this warriors run because they would have beaten them at least once. essentially the warriors should be like what the astros are. make it to the championship round but lose constantly.

Oh well, maybe the Rockets are good enough in two years to finally knock them out the playoffs. similar to how the Mavs ended the Lakers' run.

16. Salvy

Salvy Member

Is it too early to report @jerryclark as a missing person? Nowhere to be found... Last time this happened Harden got bounced...

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well, the "weakest dynasty" did break the winning record even before Durant joined them. It's funny how people on the one hand say that it's a historic stacked team and then turn around and say that they were just lucky to win those titles. But I agree that they did have some weak moments in the playoffs.

Whatever. People mostly focus on the "stacked" offensive fire power they've had. But their defense had a big part in winning those championships. I remember Charles Barkley kept saying that jump shooting teams don't win championships. He just assumed that jump shooting teams were soft and wouldn't play defense. That's just a cliche narrative in his mind. Now, every team is a jump shooting team. Few teams bother to play the low post game.

blahblehblah likes this.
  18. Major

Major Member

Remember how when Harden kept losing to the Warriors, people kept arguing that the Warriors were an all-time great team and he'd have won championships if not for them? Convenient how history changes when we want to argue something different.

Easy likes this.
  19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Because Tim Duncan is also a top 10 GOAT, and he's higher than Curry on the GOAT list.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am 100% positive I never made that argument so not sure why you say that to me.

I thought the Warriors with Durant, Curry, and Klay were a very good team. But I've never said they were an all time great team. Spurs would have beaten them, and the Big three Miami team would have beaten them.