1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Idea: Killian Hayes for KPJ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by VoR, Jun 16, 2022.

1. VoR

VoR Member

If Detroit was open, would you be interested in a change of scenery for both players?

34to11 likes this.
  2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

A trade idea... how random!

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Killian Hayes is the 1 starting PG that was definitively worse than KPJr

he is pure ass

if KPJr has another episode, u might have to just take what u can get, but we’re not there yet

Chuck Nevitt, alethios, vator and 7 others like this.
  5. PatBev

PatBev Member

Don’t disrespect your starting point guard like that

If KPJ doesn’t work out at PG you try to make it work with him at SF. Dude is probably one of the purest hoopers in the league talent wise and was the best catch n shoot 3pt% in the league

Don’t be dumb bruh

#5 PatBev, Jun 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
  6. VoR

VoR Member

Killian isn't that bad. Coaches aren't using him correctly and he is very YOUNG. I still see a lot of upside with him.

Drift Monkey and Spooner like this.
  7. hakeemthagreat

KPJ had a pretty good season last year. You guys are delusional

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

he actually is that bad

he has been complete garbage so far…he’s horrible

it would take a huge jump just for him to be passable as a NBA player

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

lmao

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Holy fk no @D-rock please God no

daywalker02, D-rock and Zen Tabak like this.
  11. TimDuncanDonaut

I'm not a big KPJ fan, but I think Killian is probably worse.

A compare of the two guys basketball reference (link) But... if you ask a Pistons fan, they might say Hayes still has potential. It's what lot of lottery teams say about their young guards.

KPJ is also a little better than Knicks' Immanuel Quickley (compare). KPJ has more minutes on him; so some of the numbers look better. KPJ is more efficient, but keep in mind Quickley is in a Tibs offense system. Quickley is younger though (two years in).

KPJ is in that bottom tier of starter guards. But in that bottom tier, He's at the top > (Hayes and Quickley).

We should still be searching for another guard next to Green. Either outside, or really give Christopher and Nix a bump for playing time next year.

#11 TimDuncanDonaut, Jun 16, 2022
  12. Spooner

Spooner Member

The thing with Killian that scares me is his tendency to get injured. Having said that, he showed a lot of flashes last year even with a bum hand. The guy has been injured most of his time in the league despite being a high pick.I have a lot of faith in Killian. He shows really good court vision but he really seems to shy away from shooting the ball or attacking the basket.

I think he never really got solid enough footing to show what he can really do and the Pistons don’t have him in his ideal role as a primary playmaker. I also think with his playstyle he’s more likely to thrive on a team with better players around him. In theory a playmaking defensive PG like Killian Hayes is a great fit next to Green and we could potentially recoup some of that top 5 potential. Some of his playmaking flashes are undeniably beautiful.

I’d do it for sure but I’m also just not a fan of KPJ. He’s fine as a young player with upside but I highly doubt he’s ever a starting point guard on a contender and I’m not convinced he’d ever take a bench role. If the rumors are true about his attitude deterring players away from the Rockets, let’s just move on already. He’ll be fine holding down the PG position for the Shanghai Sharks.

#12 Spooner, Jun 16, 2022
    Drift Monkey and VoR like this.
  13. dmoneybangbang

I'd think about it, but most likely no.

Like Wood, KPJ is in his contract year. I'm not really a big fan of KPJ, purely due to the off court and attitude issues.

Killian Hayes has two years left. But he's also been pretty terrible on a terrible team.

14. MystikArkitect

I'm pretty low on KPJ. Lower than most. I dont see him as being any relevant part of the Rockets future.

And no I would not trade him for Killian Hayes.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly, stupid threads like this are some of my favorite. They are so absurd there's no way Amy thinking person could take them seriously but they are intended to be treated seriously. It's amazing.

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

no

Zen Tabak likes this.
  17. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

Killian is ass. Stop it

D-rock, Zen Tabak and raining threes like this.
  18. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Why are we in a rush to get rid of KPJ, exactly? def need another year to evaluate progress.

19. Spooner

Spooner Member

Year one was about getting Green comfortably acclimated without giving him too much all at once. Year 2 the hierarchy needs to be established. Trading Wood away was step 1. Green needs to grow going forward as the leader of the team. This should be his team and we owe it to him to not pair him with a guard who is inherently “me first” both on and off the court.

KPJ has higher upside to become a star, but if I was in a playoff series and both reached their ceiling, I’d much prefer Hayes as a true floor general with defensive instincts. That is assuming the Pistons would make that trade. Idk what value people think KPJ has but Hayes is more return than I’d anticipate. We could do worse than a recent top 5 pick who missed significant time and was playing hurt in half the games he even played in.

20. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I’d rather see:
    Jalen Green
    Kevin Porter Jr
    Paolo Banchero

playing together. All 3 of them are hoopers.

ico4498, javal_lon, Dobbizzle and 9 others like this.