1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stop proposing scenarios where we deal Sixgun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, May 31, 2022.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Him and Paulo alves are an embarrassment to rockets fans. Sad that they seem to represent rockets fans on twitter.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  2. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

no horse in this race but Will proudly proclaims his bias.

3. TimDuncanDonaut

Of the few times I checkout the twitter spaces after games; I generally enjoy Will's takes after games. Alves, I think is still in college. We're talking basketball opinions from very young Rocket fans. If they present it coherently with sound reasoning, certainly will listen. At the end of the day, it's just that opinions from other fans.

I like stats and analytics, just not if used to spin a narrative. When everyone is giving their opinion on the rebuild (who to give minutes to), it doesn't help progress the conversation when the baseline is muddled.

#243 TimDuncanDonaut, Jun 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
  4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Thanks for posting this. I see an incredibly creative player who has passion for the game and will therefore keep improving. Would love to see him grow with Green and Banchero.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I find it hard to believe that there are those so willing to toss Sengun into a deal. He only 19, has worked with Hakeem, who appears to be impressed with how quickly the young fella learns his offensive moves, and I’m convinced that his defense will improve and that he’ll ultimately be better than average from behind the arc. Al P’s career is just getting started!

6. vator

vator Contributing Member

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Head looking close to the rim there.
    Gonna make some people mad @Spooner

aaquaa and Spooner like this.
  8. Spooner

Spooner Member

Love it and love Sengun. I advocated to draft him very hard last year. Verticality argument you had was with someone else. I still think it’s a mistake to think about fit with Sengun or anyone else at #3. As much as I like Sengun I’d trade him for Banchero in a heartbeat. Having said all that Al P might have been my favorite player last year and I’m not one of those guys who think a pairing of the two implicitly doesn’t work without seeing it first or how these guys develop.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, it was someone else. I can’t remember who it was.
    That’s a fair take, I personally wouldn’t trade Alp for Paolo, that’s just how much I think of Sengun.
    His body is still transforming, the shot comes around and he’s going to be a problem.

That being said, I’m warming up to Paolo and Sengun being able to play together. If 5 players are actually playing team defense it can work.

aaquaa, AroundTheWorld and Spooner like this.
  10. Spooner

Spooner Member

I’m also incredibly high on Sengun. He has the potential to be a star for the Rockets and I actually see clear indicators for that path in his future. That should tell you how high I am on Banchero. He could easily be a worse player but the upside to me is that much greater. That is really a subjective point though and your opinion is just as valid at this juncture. The beautiful thing is we can have them both. I’m all for experimenting with talent and getting good assets in return for one, if it doesn’t work defensively.

Plowman, AroundTheWorld and cmoak1982 like this.
  11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Anyone who wants to tank again in hopes of landing Wembayama have absolutely no respect at all for young Alperen.

#251 coachbadlee, Jun 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
    aaquaa, Plowman, hakeem94 and 4 others like this.
  12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Completely fair take. I hope for the Rockets sake, and my fanhoods sake that they can play together well. Offensively I think they’re going to be phenomenal. Two smart players with incredible passing, passing to each other and hyper athletic scoring dynamo in Green.

I think Alp and Paolo are big enough, strong enough and if coached right. Have the ability to play good defense

hakeem94 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  13. Student Loan

Student Loan Member

As an outsider Rockets fan. (Raptors are my main team but I've been following Rockers since last year as I like to follow rebuild projects.)

I love Sengun game and has become one of my favorite players in the NBA. I see Pau Gasol 2.0 and today NBA you do not trade that. He's going to be consistently top 15 player in the league in his prime.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Little bit of Pao, little bit of Jokic, though different than either.

I could definitely see him becoming a star eventually....he's still only 19, he's ahead of where either of those guys were at his age.

15. Student Loan

Student Loan Member

As long as he stays healthy, I'm super confident he's going to be a star. He's too skilled and too smart Basketball wise to not be a star. He's going to go down as one of best draft steals of all time.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Him, Christopher and Nix.

Student Loan likes this.
  17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Some Alperen Sengun reading for y'all.

#257 RudyTBag, Nov 22, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2023
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Secks gun lives on!

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I heard the Rockets had a Sengun for Banchero trade lined up last year but the Magic balked at the last second when their medical staff said Sengun only measured at 6'8"..?

Os Trigonum and cml750 like this.
  20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Don't quit your day job.

Oh wait...he's an unemployed ambulance chaser...

cml750 likes this.