1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Montres ‘pounds’ Harrell

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Asian Sensation, Jun 13, 2022.

1. T for 3

T for 3 Member

All the more reason not to drive around with a lot of weed. Under KY law you can have 7.999 oz and still not be charged with trafficking. Why the f would you have more than that and not be intending to sell it?

2. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I kinda understand the point he's making though. It's more about how the laws are written. If the purpose of the law is to stop people from selling weed, and in order to make it easier to prosecute, a somewhat arbitrary threshold is set to differentiate between someone who would probably sell and probably just use for themselves, what do you do when someone crosses the threshold but obviously has no intention to sell? Is it right to charge someone for selling because of an arbitrary threshold that was set even if they clearly have no intention to sell?

Slyonebluejay and pmac like this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

needs Rockets Legend™ in the thread title

4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Laundering money. A weed charge is nothing plead it down (which he will)

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Do you know how much you make off of 3 pounds wholesale? In most cases under 5k, considering he's not growing it or selling it by grams as a day job, could theoretically be less than a thousand in profit just moving around bulk.

Harrell makes on average 20k a day from his contract. Overwhelmingly likely he's just throwing parties and giving it away to his friends/family.

6. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I don’t think he was trafficking for profit. But you kind of made my point for me. With that quantity, you are most likely distributing somehow, unless he just wants to keep 3 lbs in his closet for personal use.

I am not saying he’s a drug trafficker, just that 7 oz should be plenty of weed for personal use and no one should ever drive w 3 lbs. in a state that still has strict weed laws.

7. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I find it absolutely shocking...

...that he doesn't have a driver.

8. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

If following too closely is a traffic offense in that state, the cops can pull him over even if they secretly know they'll find mar1juana. Whren v United States (1996). Basically the Court held that we're not gonna bother trying to figure out if minor traffic stop is a pretext for something else. As long as they were caught actually committing an offense, the police have free reign.

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I've never heard of that citation being given outside of an accident because it is impossible for the court to prove that they wouldn't be able to stop.

10. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Police usually (should) have dash cams these days to capture that. Otherwise, like in the days before dash cams, it’s the officer’s testimony versus the defendant. But I’m sure the statute reads that you have to be a certain distance behind the front vehicle.

Not saying I agree with all of this, but I think it’ll be hard for him to suppress the evidence. That being said, he’ll definitely get probation and won’t spend a day in prison.

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The statute says reasonable distance. It does not specify an actual distance.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

*Signs with Nets for the minimum

14. omgTHEpotential

Expected given Griner's situation

15. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Morey really bringing the whole team back together in the East.

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

but can Trez teach Harden how to have heart?

18. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great signing for the 76ers, that's a bargain deal due to his legal problems.

19. i3artow i3aller

It's all fun and games until Doc refuses to sit Trez in the playoffs

20. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

yup, he can't play in the playoffs outside of garbage time, only a regular season player