1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stone needs to invest in a winning culture.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, Apr 7, 2022.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yep. Once more, for those in the back...

2014, McHale... CF: "He doesn't have a system! They're all just running around doing whatever they want!"

2016, Bickerstaff... CF: "He doesn't have a system! They're all just running around doing whatever they want!"

2019, D'Antoni... CF: "He doesn't have a system! They're all just running around doing whatever they want!"

2022, Silas... CF: "He doesn't have a system! They're all just running around doing whatever they want!"

Verbal Christ likes this.
  2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

topfive likes this.
  3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Amazing that there are 29 teams EVERY SINGLE YEAR who don't invest in a winning culture. Just shocking.

KingSamJack likes this.
  4. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

I said this before, but CBS sports have an extreme Biased against Houston when we only been bad for two years.

joshuaao, Verbal Christ and D-rock like this.
  5. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are what your record says you are.

Worst team in NBA 2 consecutive seasons.

ico4498 and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Boston with only 4 championships???

No way Spurs rank higher than Bulls.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Bulls have only ever been in the finals when MJ was in the team.

The Spurs have an insane .728 home record

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

6 championships in 6 finals.

That trumps any home win record.

foh and xaos like this.
  10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Tanking is tanking. I think everything is going according to plan. Some guys are just too impatient and dont have the resolve to see this thing through.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

A winning culture doesn't involve having the worst owner in the league

D-rock likes this.
  12. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Not a fan of Fertitta. I think he's giant tool.

That said, it's too early to judge him. Gotta let this rebuild marinate for a 3-4 years before you can declare him as "worst".

How do you define "worst"? It just sounds like you don't like him but if we make the playoffs the next four years and get out of the 1st round once or twice in the span, is he still the worst?

KingSamJack likes this.
  13. krosfyah

The Rockets are #8 all time best franchise. I expected the Rockets to be higher however, this list starts in 1980 which gives a big boost to Boston and the LA. If you start at 1990, the Rockets are higher than #8.

Regardless, Rockets are #4 in playoff appearances and really only 4 games out of 1st by that metric.

The Rockets are historically significant. What's interesting, this team doesn't tank often. We did in '83 and '84 and obviously now. Hopefully no more tanking for another 3 decades after which I probably won't care what they do, if I'm even alive. lol

D-rock, Verbal Christ and KingSamJack like this.
  14. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

I know you dislike Fertitta but he is not the worse owner. Magic and kings owner are the worse.

15. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

This is why I don't understand why the media has so much hate for Houston we only had 4 truly bad seasons in the franchise history yet Houston doesn't know how to get a winning culture?

Verbal Christ and Rudyc281 like this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

no it's definitely not too early to judge him. He's had 5 years of judgement to date. Hes been absolute trash ever since he became owner in 2017. With a big mouth centered around LTS and the worst decision making every year from someone who knows next to nothing about the actual game. Nothing has been shown to give anyone any type of relevant optimism that he is a winning professional sports owner.

I don't need to wait any longer to know he's the worst. He solidified that a long time ago

#256 YOLO, Jun 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
    D-rock likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope. he's worse than them

D-rock likes this.
  18. krosfyah

Sounds emotional. I get it, he's a tool.

But again, how do you measure "worst"? His decision making? What decisions did he make? He obviously hired Stone so that's one.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

you obviously haven't kept track for the last 5 years since hes become owner if you're actually this lost, when this organization went downhill every single year in that span

D-rock likes this.
  20. krosfyah

Fertitta bought the team in Sept 2017 so he's been owner for 6 seasons.

Ran the numbers in that span and the Rockets have a total of 250 wins, which equates to the 11th most wins since 2017.

For giggles, Orlando, NY, and Detroit are the bottom three.

If you want to blame him for losing James Harden for the blow-up, that's fair. Although Harden himself was a big part of that by running Chris Paul off and insisting we get Westbrook. The way I see it, at best, blame is shared equal between Harden and Fertitta but I'm not sure any owner would have faired much better. Just ask the NJ and Philly.