1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 NBA Finals: Golden State vs. Boston

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 29, 2022.

?

2022 NBA Finals: Warriors vs Celtics

Poll closed Jun 4, 2022.
  1. Warriors in 4

1.0%
  2. Warriors in 5

13.7%
  3. Warriors in 6

26.5%
  4. Warriors in 7

8.8%
  5. Celtics in 7

13.7%
  6. Celtics in 6

31.4%
  7. Celtics in 5

1.0%
  8. Celtics in 4

3.9%
  1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its the most efficient shot the dumbalytics says

cheke64 likes this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hey but 2 TOP 3 PICKS and SWITCHABILITY on defense and being able to shoot 3s something something something....

3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I have to say the most enjoyment I have gotten out of this series is seeing how bad Green is.

4. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

Celtics having a player like Marcus Smart who goes to the ground every chance he gets, don't deserve to win.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I was starting to think the same, but it’s just because the Celtics are that much bigger. I don’t really think Donkey is washed yet.

I do think Klay might not get back to his former self, tho. Klay can’t move and get open as quick as he used to. Has anyone noticed that? He’s dribbling way more than he has in his entire career these days because he’s too slow. He’s known for catch and shoot, not catch and dribble then shoot. Let’s see if he gets back to his normal self after a year but I don’t think he will at all.

6. King1

I definitely think Green is washed. He's not doing anything positive on the court whatsoever. They are so much better when he's on the bench. We agree on Klay though. He's definitely lost a step. I actually feel bad him because he tried to play through injuries and seems like a decent guy. Draymond is a waste of oxygen

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This is an older Warriors squad and it shows. Klay has been injured in a major way twice and Father Time has taken a step from him.

Donkey is dealing with bigger, stronger & younger players inside and he’s lost a step too. So their younger players have to step up more often. Boston is the bigger & more athletic bunch but the Warriors are hanging on with their skill and experience. It’s really interesting to watch.

Milos and chadyang like this.
  8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I don't think Draymond is washed. I think he's been at this level for years. The difference is that Boston is full of tall/long defenders who are recovering quicker and playing better team defense than Draymond is used to seeing. As a result, his brand of "playmaking" (standing stationary with the ball at the 3pt line and waiting for his teammates to get open) hasn't been effective.

That and his 28% TS% means he's consistently been the worst player on the court. I love it.

9. Asian Sensation

This. His speed/quickness advantage he would normally enjoy against traditional bigs is taken away cause Celtics bigs are just as mobile and they can match/beat his wingspan which is another thing that made him special. All that said he’s probably due for a random 20+ point game triple double in the next game.

10. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Yikes... go to bed dude, the adults are talking.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Wiggins is their second best player now. Who would have thought when they acquired him. He might not be as good a shooter as Klay, but he can do more other things.

hakeem94 and Andre0087 like this.
  12. King1

Valid points but I honestly have always thought Green was overrated (not as a defensive player but he's essentially worthless on offense)

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  13. King1

I'm with you on your last few sentences lol

14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Draymond's "playmaking" has always been extremely overrated. He had 8 assists last night, and they all resulted from his teammates causing defensive breakdowns. He was stationary for 7 of those assists.

chadyang and Andre0087 like this.
  15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Is Draymond washed? I don't know. Maybe he is thinking too much trying to scheme dirty stuff without getting caught, and lost his natural feel of the game. If that's true, I'd say good for him! :D

Regardless, some people actually thought he, not Curry, was the most important player for the Warriors. That to me was obvious Curry hate bias. I can't stand Steph Curry. But that team has always been built around Curry's skills, not anybody else. That said, there's no denial that Draymond was a very important part of the championships they won. They couldn't have done it without him.

16. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Without a Curry, Reggie or Ray type of star teammate, where he can be a psuedo "playmaker," Draymond would be a liability in a half court offense.

Even in his prime when he was more explosive and athletic, Draymond in a Trae, Harden, LeBron, Luka offense would just clog up space without the ball.

Defensively however he is one of the best of his era.

17. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

Green was great in game 2. I don't think he's washed, but this match-up is definitely the least advantageous of his career (in terms of post-season series). Plus, obviously, he's older and not as explosive getting around the court. I would bet on him being a strong defensive presence, at least, in the final three games and maybe close to a triple-double in one of the games.

18. Milos

Milos Member

Yeah sure seems like the best DEF matchups on the roster may be glued to Kerr's bench

Kuminga & Moody should at least get some court time to see how they can handle Tatum & Brown

Dray, Wiggins & Porter are solid vets, but what was the point of holding onto those young future pieces (including Wiseman) if they aren't even in the Finals rotation?

I always assumed they would be packaged to add a Klay-replacement as Curry's sidekick

Keeping them AND not playing them seems like a very un-Warriors path to choose as they desperately try to get one more ring in the Curry era

The Spurs spent Duncan's final years constantly supplementing an aging core with fresh legs
    But Pop actually played guys like Kawhi and George Hill

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  19. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

The main reason Draymond's passing is useless in this series is because:
    1 - Celtics are not trapping/doubling Curry, so no 4v3 opportunity
    2 - Smart is guarding Draymond, so no pnr with Curry since it would result in a switch.
    3 - Celtics are switching every action off-ball and rarely leaving open cutters or shooters.

Draymond needs to start cutting to the basket when timelord, smart etc completely ignores him.

The series stats for Draymond is UGLY and the rest of the Warriors aren't great either.

Draymond - 4.3 pts 7.3 rebs 5.8 ast on 28% TS

Klay - 17/2/2 on 49% TS

Wiggins - 16/8/1 on 51% TS

Poole - 12/2/2 on 56% TS

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. verysimplejason

My point exactly. The current Rockets are way softer than GSW or Celtics. How do you think the Rockets will fare?