1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They want it both ways. Block mandates for Americans but enforce restrictions on immigrants. The party of hypocrites.

A federal judge has blocked the Biden administration from lifting the pandemic border restrictions known as Title 42 next week.

That public health order, which had been set to end on Monday, allows immigration authorities to quickly expel migrants at the border without allowing them to seek asylum.

The ruling is a victory for the Republican-led states that are pushing to extend the restrictions.

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/20/1100...strictions-must-continue-a-win-for-gop-led-st

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

FranchiseBlade and DFWRocket like this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

5. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

6. bobrek

We are heading to Africa in October. We don't need a test to get in (may need our vaccine cards), but prior to today, we would have needed a negative test 24 hours before heading back. Hopefully, circumstances remain the same. That was the one hassle I didn't want to deal with.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

the Covid tests were annoying, and so was having to wear a mask on a long flight

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

nobody should be flying. Save the Planet.

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

10. bobrek

I hope there is no reason for them to reinstate after 90 days.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

Great. Monkeypox wasn't enough? Now you're going to bring us what...airborne aardvaark herpes?

Ottomaton and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Monkeypox ? What if chickens got the pox

13. bobrek

I'll work on it. My wife and I will spread it to the US, our daughter to Central America.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

the testing was annoying, so glad that’s finally over with…giving me the same feeling I had when they did away with the mask requirement on planes

so many things I’m glad are over and done with regarding this pandemic

I still remember earlier on where stores like HEB were only letting in 10 people at a time

they had to disinfect each cart, and the line outside would be insane

never again

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  15. bobrek

I understand why they did the disinfecting early on, but it seems like they learned that was unnecessary relatively early on, yet i still see it occurring at places.

The Catholic churches I have attended are starting to reintroduce Holy Water. One even offered wine.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Infection rates for the newer variant is with 1-2 days that testing is a fairly inaccurate indicator for negatives.

Just indicates things can quickly change within half a year. If you mostly self isolate and live near vulnerable groups, I'd get a booster 4-6 months from last shot or infection. Otherwise, being outside often and letting your body deal with things mutating is still the "normal" way.

Having friends who are still ultra cautious makes planning no bueno but it's their perogative with getting sick and who they could infect. The experience of getting covid is still all over the place...

17. Major

Major Member

Testing itself wasn't really that difficult. There are home tests available for $20 - you do them over Zoom or Facetime with a proctor. It takes like 20 minutes total and you can do it from your hotel the day before your flight.

The real problem was if you tested positive and got stuck somewhere, which would be a huge logistical nightmare. But now the "fix" for that will just be that you'll be traveling with covid and likely infecting at least a few random people.

18. bobrek

Yeah.. the agency assured me they'd get everything done, but as you said, the main issue was testing positive.

We'll be getting our second boosters in August.

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

It's unnecessary BS.

Life is full of risks. You can stay home.

20. Major

Major Member

You also had the option of staying home if you didn't like the unnecessary BS.

Deckard and deb4rockets like this.